Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Looking for my old 32 Five Window - New Jersey area

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by axle, Jul 11, 2022.

1. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Hi guys, about 4-5 years ago I sold my 1932 Five Window. The person that bought the car is from North New Jersey - maybe Bloomfield area. I'm trying to locate the owner in hopes that he would consider selling it back to me. I miss the car a lot and it never hurts to ask. Deuce 5 window - with a Pontiac engine, 4 speed. late 50s/early 60s style. It graced the cover of Rod & Custom Magazine back in May of 2002. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

images.jpg download.jpg

Last edited: Jan 27, 2023
  2. brady1929

brady1929

3. akoutlaw

akoutlaw

I have seen pics of that car before on the HAMB. Good looking car! I would want it back too!

4. 51 mercules

51 mercules

Good luck! I hope you find it!

5. catdad49

catdad49

Hopefully, They haven’t fallen in love with it!

51 mercules likes this.
  6. Is this it? Too long that all would not copy to clipboard. Had a phone # at end: Alex 909-437-2068. Also, do not know how old ad is and it says car is located in Riverside, Ca.

Hello folks. If high tech Street Rods with painted bumpers, digital gauges,billet wheels are what you're in to, you might want to look elsewhere, as this isn't for you. What you are looking at is one of the most nostalgic '32 Ford Hot Rods to hit Ebay. It's a famous car that was built to replicate the era of the late 1950's - early 1960's. It is period correct in all manners, and a lot of thought and creativity went in to its build.This is an all steel Henry Ford vehicle, and a multi award winning car. Its highest level of acknowledgement was when it graced the cover of Rod & Custom magazine, and was in full features of the "Little Deuce Coupe" book by Robert Genat, and "Retro Rods" by Dan Burger. In addition, it has also been featured in many other automotive publications world wide.
    The car is painted in a two stage urethane medium blue metallic for that early 1960's feel and look. It is accented with white grille insert,firewall,upholstered top, engine,and pinstriping. King bee head lights are mounted on finned aluminum stands, and '53 Buick taillights are mounted out back. Like everything else, the hood is original steel Henry Ford, and it's louvers were done in the early 1950's.
    Silvertown white walls are mounted on chrome reversed wheels. 5.60x15 tires up front,and 8.20x15 tires on the rear, help give the car a perfect "California Rake". The frame has professionally been boxed by Kiwi Connection, and uses a stock 1932 ford rear crossmember, and a Model A front crossmember.
    The entire front suspension is chrome plated and consists of a 4 inch '32 dropped axle, front spring with reversed eyes, hairpins, 1940 Ford "Juice" brakes (with chromed backing plates) and a '56 F100 pickup steering box side steer.
    The engine in this gorgeous Hot Rod is a 450 horsepower Pontiac engine. It was professionally built by Dougan's engine in Riverside, California. It is balanced, has all of the high end components on a car of this caliber. Arma steel crank, Super Duty rods, TRW 10.5.1 compression, and a very healthy Ram Air IV cam by Melling Co. Heads have been slightly ported, and have heavy duty valve springs,and swirl polished valves. 2.11 intake valves, and 1.77 exhaust valves. On top sits a 1966 GTO Tri Power set up that works on progressive linkage. At normal driving speeds it runs off the center carb, but upon rapid acceleration BAMMMM she turns in to a rocket ship! Everything is polished and chromed on the engine, and very detailed. Custom one off headers were fabricated by world famous Pontiac Drag Racer Jess Tyree. They have block off caps, and continuing the exhaust are 2 1/2 inch pipe with Flowmaster mufflers. An M21 Muncie 4 speed is backed by the Poncho engine, and shifts like a hot knife through butter. And to insure everything is strong and durable, a 1957 Ford 9 inch rear end is mounted out back, and is equipped with 3.55 gears.
    The interior is finished off in pearlescent white with blue zodiac (metal flake) Tuck & Roll. An N.O.S. blue metal flake Ansen 3 spoke steering wheel is mounted on a polished stainless column. An N.O.S. clear blue metal flake shift knob is mounted to the Hurst chrome shifter. Blue carpet is found throughout the car, and a rar

Budget36 and axle like this.
  7. axle

axle
    from Drag City

8. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Back on top. Thank you

9. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Back on top - thanks

10. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Still lookin

11. SS327

SS327

What happened, dead end?

12. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I didn't see a solid lead, unless I missed something. the ad posted above by @carcruse is the ad from when the OP @axle sold it....

Tim and SS327 like this.
  13. wheeltramp brian

wheeltramp brian

A Pontiac powered hot rod is a rare one but who knows maybe somebody swapped in a small block Chevy and painted it different. I almost sold my Pontiac powered 29 Roadster a while back and the buyer wanted me to put a small block Chevy in it so who knows

14. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Thanks pal, still not luck. Friends are also trying Instagram and FB. I won't give up. ;-)

Moriarity likes this.
  15. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Still lookin

16. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Still trying

17. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Nothing as of today. Anyone?

18. AHotRod

AHotRod

Bump for Axle

axle likes this.
  19. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Didn't see it all weekend at Lead East. Maybe Dead Man's Curve?

20. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

My old '32 five window was also a highboy, not chopped. I laid 32 coats of Indian red nitro lacquer on her, #600 between every 2 coats. (1957, if anyone's old enough to remember #600 as the grit to use...my bodyman mentor taught me to use liquid Ivory soap in the sanding water...) I was 15, and learnin' fast.
    Mine had a 304" flathead... I too wanted my Deuce back, never found it.

21. Countn'Carbs

Countn'Carbs
    from CO

My favorite 5 window....period.

31 B'ville likes this.
  22. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Thanks man. It's like the car vanished in to thin air.

dearjose likes this.
  23. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Thanks

24. 41SpecialSSE

41SpecialSSE
    from Chicago

I remember seeing it in R&C - dynamite car, hope you're able to find it!

Just Gary likes this.
  25. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Thanks. I appreciate that

26. BILL LUPIANO

BILL LUPIANO
    BANNED
    from Canada

Wow,she's a beauty! Good luck finding her.I think we've all had seller's remorse.

27. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Thanks. Still looking

28. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Friday night bump....

AHotRod likes this.