Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Rodder's Journal back in '22? Does anyone have any news?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by thinkfink, Jun 30, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. catdad49

catdad49

Check the issue # fellas! This was just shared on Fbook by Hot Rod Center Louvre Co. and he stated that he has not held it in his hands Yet. The "Return" cover is outstanding!!

2. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

I’ve seen this pop up on social media the last few hours as well

Outback, lothiandon1940 and Just Gary like this.
  3. I read some of it in Columbus. Quality stuff as usual. Steve is working hard to get it in readers hands. Huge effort on his part and many others behind the scenes. Here’s my buddy Ron checking out the new issue.
    4CF9FE56-1934-45AA-B67D-6070D9B21838.jpeg

4. I believe that pic was taken at Columbus Goodguys. Looks like it’s resting on the seat of Ray Bartlett’s 40 Ford sedan delivery :D

Outback, jackandeuces, maneri and 3 others like this.
  5. Quote from fellow rodder Jim Worthington.
    57CB9983-1358-4A9A-8401-C0AF0C27248D.jpeg

6. jim snow

jim snow

Great news. Looking forward to them getting back on their feet.Snowman ⛄️

Last edited: Jul 11, 2022
  7. studebakerjoe

studebakerjoe

8. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

I spy my name on the cover. :)

9. I noticed that when I was reading the cover, congratulations my friend .

Seeing the actual magazine should stop all the naysayers! it's looking like Christmas in July! :) HRP

10. mgermca

mgermca

This is GREAT news, GO GO GO Steve and Co.!!!

11. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Well I’ll be damned! I really felt that TRJ was dead and buried though I didn’t get any satisfaction from that. Nice to see a company stand by their product in this day and age! (However I still don’t think it’s the “best” car magazine ever due to its lack of practical tech info....great coffee table type magazine though!)

hotrodjack33 likes this.
  12. kvwberg

kvwberg

I can't wait! Steve and his group did what seemed imposable survive Covid and the economy and get it back now we need to get over the past mistakes and buy it so it doesn't go away again.

13. Great! Maybe they can ship #84 along with it, to those of us, Canucks, etc, who never got those ones yet.

acme30, Blue One and willysguy like this.
  14. Patiently waiting….lie….where is it already hahaha

theHIGHLANDER, jim snow and Blue One like this.
  15. Was there a issue #84? HRP

16. Depends on where you live. If you live outside the US then no there wasn't.

Blue One, acme30 and 5window like this.
  17. This is on the website. HRP

The Rodder’s Journal is back in 2022!
    We have been working hard over the past 18 months or so to get TRJ back on track, including a move to our new facility in Denton, Maryland, photographing new articles for the upcoming issue and a host of other business related items.

In 2022 we plan to resume a normal publishing schedule. We are working on two immediate goals to get us back on track. First, we are very far along in publishing TRJ #85 and aim to get it out to subscribers and dealers as soon as possible. The second is that we are working on shipping/reshipping all orders that have been placed but have not been received.

Until we have taken care of these issues, we are not accepting new orders for subscriptions, back issues or merchandise. We feel we must take care of existing obligations before accepting new business.

Thank you for your patience, support and stay tuned for further updates here and in our email newsletters.

Steve Coonan

The 39 guy, catdad49, dwollam and 3 others like this.
  18. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Yeah I think that’s been up for a couple months.

Looking forward to seeing the magazine back in action.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  19. ronzmtrwrx

ronzmtrwrx

This is really great to see. Go man go !!

20. You must really like the taste of horse meat.

rod1 and 5window like this.
  21. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I spy it somewhere else. :)

22. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

I got this when it first came out at our local Chapters (book/magazine shop) just outside of Vancouver. F5DA5F32-63E2-4599-829A-196E1D31DE54.jpeg

23. @Fortunateson , that's one of the main reasons I subscribed, the book wasn't available locally, use to wacth for it when we were on road trip.

24. SWEET!!!

Ryan, do you know if TRJ is going to honor their side of the HAMB alliance/TRJ subscription combo from a couple years back (thanks again for my alliance membership last year!!!)?

25. I have known Steve Coonan since before Rodder's Journal came into being. I felt then as I do now. Steve is a stand up guy. He and I spent an afternoon commiserating in his Wallingford, Connecticut studio, both of us having problems at the time. We are both like "The Phoenix", we came back. Be appreciative of what Steve and his crew have done and are still doing . A lot of people would have thrown in the towel and given up. I was a subscriber to many auto related magazines, and when they ceased to be published we got shifted / shafted to other magazines that we didn't want, or just got nothing. This was from "The big guys". Steve is not one of the big guys, but a real man to stick with it. As for the person that doesn't like Rodder's Journal, because of no technical articles, you can read Hot Rod magazine. I have subscribed to Hot Rod magazine since December 1956, ( I am 81 years old ) and in my opinion Hot Rod magazine has gone down hill since then. When my subscription runs out, that is the end for me. I will be glad to re-subscribe to Rodder's Journal again. I am sorry that I didn't get a lifetime subscription when they were available.

26hotrod, bowie, catdad49 and 16 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.