Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Hotrod shop in SoCal

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NAES, Mar 17, 2022.

1. NAES

NAES

Hey everyone. Its been a while since I've been able to turn any attention to my '53 Chrysler Wagon and I'm looking for a shop that can do a little custom brake work for me. I want to move my frame mounted boosted MC to the firewall and hang a new brake pedal that has the correct ratio.

My previous unit has been cut and hacked and doesn't stop worth a damn, or safely anymore.

If you know of any shop or individual that does this type or work, please post up. I looked in the HAMB o'dex and did a search but came up empty.

Thanks as always, NAES

2. Juke Joint Johnny

Juke Joint Johnny

Jay's Place
    Ontario, CA

Jay Lightenberg
    951-312-4908

3. firemangordy

firemangordy

C.H. Topping
    520 W. Esther St.
    Long Beach, CA. 90813
    562-432-0901
    Vince, Vinny and Frank do great custom brake work. Been using them for years.

jnaki likes this.
  4. NAES

NAES

Thank you guys! I'll get in touch and see if they can help me out.

NAES

5. NAES

NAES

Just an update for anyone looking for a shop to do some work for them.

I ended up going to Jay's Place out in Ontario. The entire team there seem like they're stoked to work there which is always a great sign.

They went above and beyond to make my wagon a dream to drive again. Brakes kick ass, ride quality is awesome. New exhaust sounds fantastic. Overall drivability is excellent. They cleaned up a ton of my work and just dialed it in with an eye for detail that I clearly don't have.

They aren't cheap but IMHO the work I had done was worth the cost.

Thanks everyone at Jay's!

6. Special Ed

Special Ed

It's sure nice to see someone satisficed about something on here for a change. Good for you. man. Enjoy your ride! ;)

Just Gary likes this.
  7. Bullit68

Bullit68
    from Verona, PA

Now go and enjoy it!

8. Great to hear when a shop does good work. Now to rack up some miles.......:)

9. Mike VV

Mike VV
    from SoCal

WHY...clutter up a nice clean firewall with brake crap ? Especially with a "power booster" added ?

Do a little homework. There's no reason for a booster IF you pick the correct brake parts.

I have two 54 Studebaker station wagons, that I put four wheel disc brakes on. I left the master cylinders "under" the floor. AND...NO booster needed.
    You can stop the cars with just "toe" power. No need for the while foot on the pedal.

Do your homework on the master cylinder and caliper piston sizes, keep the firewall clean and neat, put a twin piston Wilwood master cylinder...under the floor.

The only thing that maybe you'll want on the firewall or inner fender is the fluid reservoir(s).

Mike

10. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Um, the work is already done...

5window likes this.
  11. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

So how about some photos..

5window likes this.