Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Was there ever a 4-71 manifold for a 270 Red Ram?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gimpyshotrods, Jun 22, 2022.

1. 8thdaycr8

8thdaycr8

My 4-71 base plate was already welded to an older Offy manifold. Those are not my welds, they have since been cleaned up and redone. I've studied Jeff's build and pictures religiously and the aligning the pulleys has been a little difficult since I'm running the stock water pump as well. The carbs I'm using are the Stromberg Big 97's . I'm still going back and forth with the alternator size/type and location too.

Attached Files:

2. A friend built a blower intake for the old boss' Nailhead, Started with a dual quad intake and just milled away anything that was in the way of the blower plate! Just welded the plate on when done. Pop offs were included on each side of the plate.

3. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

@Jeff Norwell thank you for the awesome pictures and a information on the bits I may need. I have not heard back from Hampton yet but is there manifold a casting or a modified intake . I will say you do design and build some wicked cool cars.

Jeff Norwell likes this.
  4. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

@8thdaycr8 that motor looks killer and thank for the info . I appreciate the detailed pictures of the intake and how it was cut and attached.
    @Tman that was my plan to mount the intake manifold to the Bridgeport table and mill the top off. It seems to be fairly easy to do but may have to shim it a bit to get some pitch to it. How did you do the top?

5. silent rick

silent rick

@Tman that was my plan to mount the intake manifold to the Bridgeport table and mill the top off. It seems to be fairly easy to do but may have to shim it a bit to get some pitch to it. How did you do the top?[/QUOTE]

@continentaljohn pitch? you have to mill the top so that it's parallel to the crank center line or else the belt(s) won't track right

continentaljohn likes this.

6. @continentaljohn pitch? you have to mill the top so that it's parallel to the crank center line or else the belt(s) won't track right[/QUOTE]

Yeah, our pal Dean just mounted it up level in his mill. I forget what offy? intake we ordered for it. Some intakes and engine combos have better port arraingement to use as a blower intake. YMMV

continentaljohn likes this.