Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Polish valve cover

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by steveleb, Jun 18, 2022.

1. buzz4041

buzz4041
    from Texas

I have been working on a stainless gas tank recently. Take your time it is good ole fashioned hard work. This took many hours on the sanding then onto the black magic and red cutting wheel then to yellow rouge with purple wheel and finally to blue rouge and white sisal wheel.

Gas Tank1.jpg Gas Tank11.jpg Gas Tank16complete.jpg Gas Tank18complete.jpg

2. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

I couldn't help myself:
    Polonez engine.jpg
    Might polish up nicely, though :)

Hillbilly Werewolf likes this.
  3. Gizzy

Gizzy
    from N.W,Ohio

I done mine myself the same way

4. I paid someone $75 or so to polish some valve covers about 25 years ago and they looked great. However, after driving the truck they were on daily for a couple years, they started to look about the same as they started again. So, now, I just polish my own stuff sometimes even with just my car buffer and some hand polishing. I’m not looking for perfect, just not terrible. I kind of like old stuff to look old. The Offenhauser valve covers on my 56 have held up looking pretty decent for the last 10 years or so. I don’t have the patience to make them perfect knowing that they will not necessarily stay looking perfect.

Kelly Burns likes this.
  5. Hey @bchctybob, I don't want to pee in your cornflakes, but that polisher changed your Olds Offy valve covers into set of sbc Edelbrock's...that's some pretty heavy polishing!!:confused::D

guthriesmith likes this.