Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest A Great Transaction

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by anothercarguy, Jun 20, 2022.

1. With all the "watch out for so and so, or such and such company made all kinds of promises, took my money, didn't deliver and now their not taking my call" threads I wanted to pass this along...

A couple weeks back a new member ( @navyret ) with zero posts, starts a thread in the "Pay it Forward" section. In the ad, he states...."I don't have any posts but I am NOT a scammer! I have six Manzell bushing reamers of various sizes, one being a .814 which I believe is a Model A reamer. The others are much smaller in diameter. Cutting edges feel sharp and the are in good condition. They were my Dad's, a Model A guy, and I have no need for them. Trying to find someone who can use them. Here's the deal - you want them - I'll send them to you. If you think they are something you can use send me whatever the postage is on the USPS shipping label. If not - then keep them anyway. You lose nothing."

I responded via conversation, and was fortunate to be the first to do so. Now, I'm in Canada, so the shipping costs, even by mail were going to be a fair bit more than a typical US address to US address mail shipment. Mike (aka navyret) and I agree on the transaction and the next day the package is shipped. I received the package today...in it a nice set of reamers as described (including the Ford king pin reamer) and a nice note that says don't even worry about the shipping! In my mind, that was over the top...giving away his dad's reamers (with the goal of finding someone who will use them...and I will, happily!), and then offering to cover the $55 shipping cost to do so!

I squared up on the shipping costs, because that was our deal and I was happy to do so. But I just want to say that there are still good guys out there...and not all of them have a 100 or more posts. Thanks again @navyret, you sir are a gentlemen.

2. Bob Lowry

Bob Lowry

Class never goes out of style....good stuff!

3. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well done. We don't usually hear about the transactional stuff that goes right.

4. studebakerjoe

studebakerjoe

Always good to hear about the good guys not just the bad.

5. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

It's good to hear the good guys are still out there. thanks for sharing Tim!

6. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

I have to agree. I have recently sold a few parts with members with one or a few posts. Transactions went smooth as silk.

anothercarguy likes this.
  7. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

I had another very cool experience on the pay it forward , last year. A gentleman had some brackets , said he would send them and I could just send the shipping after. A pleasant and rare surprise and sort of a breath of fresh air. I sent him the money .

8. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

I bought a pair of Fenton valve covers of a poster on fb. Had a message conversation, I agreed his price was very satisfactory. He didn’t do Venmo or any pay pal. After a voice call he insisted that he mail me the covers and if I didn’t like them send back on his dime, if they were to my liking, mail a check. Then to top it off, he was very sorry that shipping was 10$ more. I promptly paid the full amount + 10 for increased shipping. Panic set in when I couldn’t FIND MY CHECK BOOK…..There are still good folks out there.

9. catdad49

catdad49

Who doesn't like a story with a Happy Ending?! Bravo.

10. Budget36

Budget36

I recall he made the offer in a thread, I made a nice comment. Heck, I’d have asked for them (who doesn’t like tools?) but didn’t have a need for them.
    Glad they are going to a good home that they’ll get some use!

11. Kudos to @navyret , It is great to hear stories like these!

We hear so many of the negative transactions (rightfully so), but very few of the positive ones. Most of us are still programmed to just expect the deal to go right, which is not always the case since internet forums came into existence. Anybody can be anything they want online & scammers/bottom feeders are experts at using this to their advantage.

God Bless
    Bill
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...ar-transport-hauling-open-or-enclosed.614419/

12. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

most folks are good folks...we just live in a paranoia produced news world ...turn off the news..its rotting our brains..