Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods This Saturday!! The 2022 Mid Way drags "Battle at Midway"? This Saturday!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tater Bug, Jan 3, 2022.

1. One more pic and bump for the Monday crowd...
    IMG_4701[1].JPG

2. Tater Bug

Tater Bug

Thanks for the pics my man! After a couple of good nights sleep.. I am almost recovered!
    Our team is over the moon thankful for all the folks who came out!

3. Lol...I bet. Thanks for all the work to put on a cool event. Planning on attending as long as you guys keep putting it on. Maybe I will have something to actually race one of these days. Getting an itch lately...

Oh, and my son took lots of pics of the event as well with an actual camera, not just a phone like I did. I'll try to post some of his pics too. I know he got a good one of a wheelstand of the Clark Speed Special Chevy II and I am sure he got other good ones as well.

4. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Thanks to all who attended the event racers and spectators we had some really great cars and look forward to next years event maybe next year I’ll actually make a full pass without some kind of trouble running 2cars is way too much work but even though I had issues I had a great time we can’t put on an event like this without the spectators and racers next year will be bigger and better just make sure to tell your friends and bring them with you next year
    I didn’t get one picture but I have some coming so stay tuned the pics will be great I’ve seen them but gotta get them formatted and such for posting them up thanks again

5. Sorry I didn't get to talk to you man. I also am not sure I got a pic of either of your cars even though I probably walked past you a dozen times. Seems you were always busy talking so I didn't bother you. I do know that my son got some pics of your cars since I walked up on him while he was taking some "artistic" ones. :D

6. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

No problem man but don’t hesitate to pop in and say hi anytime seemed like i was non stop trying to make the show with the afx but just couldn’t get #1 cylinder to hit properly nitro is a fickle bitch but when it’s on there’s nothing like it

7. I was not aware you are running nitro in that car. WOW! You have more guts and I guess $ then I do.;) Carry on my friend, More power, more thrill for sure.:D

8. Looks like it was a great show!

9. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

the dragster yes it’s tuned for it but the afx on the other hand is not and even though I have different jugs that are clearly marked I grabbed the wrong one and let’s just say it didn’t like it at all I still haven’t figured out what the problem is yet I have good compression and very little leak down on that cylinder also has good fire even stuck a bore scope in it this evening found everything to look great it still won’t hit I have a few more tricks to check some stuff out before I just tear it down and inspect everything maybe tomorrow evening I’ll be able to figure something out I have to get this thing fixed so I can have it ready for the bootheel drags in July in sikeston mo Also I’m only running about 20% it’s not a lot but still enough to make a big difference maybe someday I can be like @racer-x and really tip the can I blame him for my addiction to afx cars and nitro lmao it’s really all his fault lol even though I’m the one who poured the fuel in it lol Mikey mark your calendar for next year june 10 2023 And bring your car to the midway drags

10. Roothawg

Roothawg

I missed the follow up on this thread. I was at the CCR last year and missed it. May just have to make it a point to show up this year.

guthriesmith and chryslerfan55 like this.
  11. Hmmm, “Battle” at Midway huh? Question, since it’s a battle should I bring an anti-aircraft cannon?

guthriesmith likes this.
  12. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Yes roothawg you should be there also you need to dig out the fly and bring it out and run it this year we are running both fri And sat we have quite a show planned this year it will be epic

13. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

I for one would not be opposed to seeing that happen but I’m sure the local authorities would not be as forgiving lol

chryslerfan55 and guthriesmith like this.
  14. Roothawg

Roothawg

The Fly is in bad shape. It needs to be completely gone through. After it's last outing (The pic in my avatar) we found out that we had bent 2 valves and there was no fire in those 2 holes. Plus the wife isn't gonna be too keen on the idea until her 55 is back on the road.

chryslerfan55 and mad mikey like this.