Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Roll call for the Hot Rod Reunion

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lloyd's paint & glass, May 16, 2022.

1. Yeah, make fun of me if you want, but it's my favorite time of year! Less than a month away. This will be my 12th time and I still get excited like a kid in a whor.... uh, well, you know. We're rolling into Bowling Green on the 15th, staying at the courtyard, across from the convention center. Excited to see my old friends and make new ones! Be sure to stop by if you see the El Camino and drink a beer or 6 with me! Who's coming?

2. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm 10-miles from Beech Bend and can't go. Getting a new hip just before then, dammit !

3. Hell buddy, I'll come get ya!

Stogy, TagMan and Jalopy Joker like this.
  4. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Appreciate the offer my friend, but I don't think I'll be walking too well by then. I would have put off the surgery, but it's gotten so bad I'm using a walker. Joint's really shot: bone-on-bone now. Next year, for sure.

5. I am registered and have a hotel room.
    Have to do some maintenance on my rod. Just got home today from a 2,400 mile ride. Attended Jalopyrama in Easton, MD, vacationed a few days at Virginia Beach, attended the EMMR
    Reunion at Lincoln Speedway in Abbotsford, PA.
    BG is just over 400 miles from my home. We plan to stop at Custom Car Revival and the South Hoosiers Watermelon Run on the way.

6. Damn Phil! I'm singing that song "I've been everywhere man!" Lol... sounds like a great time, I'd love to take off like that one day! Looking forward to seeing you again

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  7. primed34

primed34

I'm in. Be there in my '34 Chevy coupe. I've been to all the HRR at Bowling Green.

8. I know that Enloe and sidewayzz69 are coming, scottyt, hopefully Bruce is coming, Tommy said he's coming up, and my mind is going blank lol... seems like I'm missing somebody. Be sure to come hang out!

sidewayzz69 likes this.
  9. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

Doing 2 stops on power tour, then to B G.

10. Did ya get that rear main seal whipped man?

11. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

Sorta. Now got generator problem!! Its always somethin

Stogy likes this.
  12. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

Planning to be there Saturday at least. Friday looks hot and humid, Saturday is looking good.

sidewayzz69 likes this.
  13. garage2small

garage2small

I will be there sometime Thursday afternoon and stay till Sunday morning. I was going to drive the roadster but it has some issues so I will be driving the coupe. Like B.A. King sez "its always somethin"

Stogy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  14. WiredSpider

WiredSpider

be there with a friend who is driving in from Denver

Stogy and sidewayzz69 like this.
  15. I’m still planning on being there,,,,,,,,half crippled and all,,,,,LoL .
    I’ll have my chair to sit in,,,,,,,hope you have some good shelter with this crazy heat we’ve got now !
    You gonna cook a lot of good old hot dogs,,,,right ?
    I’ll bring some money to help out with the expense.

Tommy

16. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

You need to go here to get your franks 1104 Broadway Ave, Bowling Green, KY 42104

Stogy and sidewayzz69 like this.
  17. Saturn V

Saturn V
    from Killen AL

What's the dates on this event?? I'm 3 1/2 hrs away from Bowling Green. I'd like to attend this one!

sidewayzz69 likes this.
  18. primed34

primed34

Not looking good for me. Wife tested positive for covid today.

19. primed34

primed34

June 16 thru 18

20. Have a great time y’all. I can’t make it back this year. Probably won’t get to races until Boise in August. Sucks that the fuel dragsters are boycotting except Tyler Hilton.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  21. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

so whats up with boycott??

22. sidewayzz69

sidewayzz69

Try mister Bs up on scottsville Rd by Raffertys. They have become one of our favorites

saltflats likes this.
  23. sidewayzz69

sidewayzz69

We are gonna be making homemade ice cream at our site. yall stop by and say hello.And get a bowl.

24. unfinished

unfinished

I'm only about an hour away, I enjoy the drive. This is the bestest event of the year!

sidewayzz69 likes this.
  25. I’m out. Too many excuses to bother mentioning:oops:

427 sleeper and chryslerfan55 like this.
  26. I'm ready for ice cream. Where will you be parked?

If you walk from the finish line to the start line, then keep going, we will be parked under the trees near the fence. The amusement park Tin Lizzie ride is right behind us.

sidewayzz69 likes this.
  27. The AllAmerican Fuel Dragsters offered to bring enough cars and additional purse money to the reunion and guarantee a 16 car field. NHRA said nope we already have our schedule planned with an 8 car field. NHRA SEEMS TO GET BUTT HURT anytime someone else offers a suggestion to improve their show.

as far as I have heard the only cars in the Heritage Series going back are Tyler Hinton and I’ve heard Dan Horan will be bringing his funny back. Everyone else in the series is planning to be in St Louis this weekend for an 1/8 mile event

Just Gary and chryslerfan55 like this.
  28. sidewayzz69

sidewayzz69

we usually park just before the tech station. In grass out behind where the ol circle track was There will be my gasser,a silver 55 gasser and a black hardtop 55. Stop by

29. sidewayzz69

sidewayzz69

Are any of you guys gonna be at the convection center tomorrow night?

30. Yum Yum,,,,,,,ice cream is my favorite !
    Especially when the heat is like it is now !

Tommy

chryslerfan55 and sidewayzz69 like this.