Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

Rc industries scatershield

Discussion in 'What's It Worth?' started by pigIRON63, Jun 6, 2022.

1. pigIRON63

pigIRON63

I believe it is aluminum. No stripped holes or signs of a failure 20220325_185205.jpg

Attached Files:

Paul likes this.
  2. Stuffbuffet

Stuffbuffet

That's the same as an ansen. Ansen are steel I think. Never noticed an aluminum one.

3. cavman

cavman

I sold one of these a couple of years ago for $300. the same one showed up on a gasser site for $700 this past winter.

4. Lionheart

Lionheart

A scatter shield should be made out of Strong metal.
    I have a scatter shield for a 427 Ford that is made from "Titanium"
    Titanium is highly valued in the metals industry for its high tensile strength, as well as its light weight, corrosion resistance, and ability to withstand extreme temperatures. It's as strong as steel but 45% lighter, and twice as strong as aluminum but only 60% heavier..
    If there is a thicker area of metal on that bell somewhere, wait till it's a little dark outside, take a grinder
    to that small area of thick metal, and touch it with the grinder,,, Titanium SPARKS like Crazy.
    If your bell is Titanium, It should bring a very good price. $750 or so.

5. If I were you pig, I'd donate it to Lloyd Stone. It would work beautiful with his project :D

alanp561 and pigIRON63 like this.
  6. pigIRON63

pigIRON63

Gosh, Lloyd, if I donate it , then I won't have it! It's gonna go in my avatar.

Lloyd's paint & glass likes this.
  7. It was worth a try lol :D

8. pigIRON63

pigIRON63

Glad you like it. It was gave to me by an old car guy. He called me and was like " Do ya have a bell housing for that 55? If not I've got an extra". I showed up at his place and this is what he gave me. I politely said " Thank you". I was smiling ear to ear all the way home!