Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Butthead tricks you have pulled on your friends!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Boneyard51, Jun 10, 2022.

1. Years ago I worked with a guy who drove a VW beetle. He kept bragging about the gas mileage this thing got. He just kept on and on about how great the gas mileage was and myself and a couple of the other guys that worked with him had had about enough. So we came up with plan. We would bring a gas can to work with extra gas and slip out to the parking lot and add it to his gas tank. Well the stories of the super fantastic gas mileage climbed through the roof!
    Then we reversed it on him! We would slip out and siphon gas out of his tank. When the mileage got down almost to nothing the bragging stopped and we were damn glad of it.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2022
    41 GMC K-18, Cooon, LowKat and 4 others like this.
  2. This goes back to being a teenager, we were practicing for a upcoming gig at a local teen club dance and during a break our led guitarist thought it would be funny to hide the drivers seat of the organ players Road Runner, His dad had just had the seat repaired and it was on the side porch, It seemed Milt though it would be funny and didn't tell anyone what he did, Rob 's dad said lets put the seat in your car while you guys are taking a break.

They come around the house and ask the rest of us have we seen the seat and we all replied no, Rob's dad was getting mad, he was 6'6", weighed about 260 lbs and was as hairy as a gorilla. bald head as a onion and had a bad temper when drinking.

after about 30 minutes Milt went out to the old Econoline van and came walking across the yard with the seat and laughing, Rob's dad ask where did you find it, Milt said he hid it as a joke, Rob's dad exploded and punch Milt in the face and knocked him out, colder than a cucumber!

That was the last time I ever remember Milt playing a trick on anyone. HRP

Last edited: Aug 1, 2022
  3. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Went on a weekend motorcycle rally, first time. My buddy tells me "Everyone wears a dress shirt and tie on Saturday night". So in my saddlebags, along with chains, sprockets, tools, I packed a white shirt and tie. Saturday night I'm all duded up, walking around wondering why I'm the only one. Bastard! Got up in the middle of the night and weaved that shirt and tie through every one of his rear spokes and chain.

4. jerry rigged

jerry rigged

When I was just learning to repair automatic transmissions, I made the mistake of leaving a valve body apart on the bench covered with a shop towel when I went to lunch. It took me a while to figure out the extra ball bearing that didn't have an obvious place was a slightly different size...

5. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Limberger cheese on a buttheads manifolds and mufflers. :)

6. 30dodge

30dodge
    from Pahrump nv

One kid joking around one party night with a group of friends cars, short ropes wrapped and tied to the drive shafts, toothpicks broken off in the door locks, spry painted rear view mirrors silver etc. REVENGE -- The next weekend his car had a shifter problem and was stuck at a buddy's house while he was gone a group of us got together and painted his green car pink with "TINKERBELL" taped off. His car was then parked in front of his parents house.

dearjose likes this.
  7. Trick pulled on me......265 rope rear mains back in the 90"s were not the correct size in gasket sets,and several 265 owners had new ones leak after rebuild so when I did mine I put brass brazing rod under the seal to force it up on the crank.Day one.....no leaks! I drive it to work,and when its time to go home I looked under the 55 to see how I was doing. Massive pool of oil under the back of the engine on the ground.My heart stopped....until I heard the laughter coming from the shop across the street! The guys knew how much effort I had in to it,and set me up by pouring waste oil on the ground. Couldnt get too mad.If I had thought of it I would have done it to them.

41 GMC K-18, Deuces and Boneyard51 like this.
  8. Partying with a girl that got too drunk. Told her I had to leave and she could ride home with my friend Mike. Went and told Mike who thought he might get lucky.

On the way home she projectile puked on his dash and it went down the defroster ducts.

raven, 41 GMC K-18, alanp561 and 2 others like this.
  9. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

Cut and pasted a bumper sticker on a friend's truck, it said I love drag racing, changed it to I love f*g chasing.
    Open tube of grease and slide it over windshield wipers
    Not funny after the lawyer and cops were called but in a body shop I used to sell tools at one guy was hated. The others glued his drawers shut on his brand new special edition tool box, they used two part panel bond- that was ugly!!

10. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

I boasted for weeks about how cool I was after putting a dual point distributor in my first car, a friend slipped a piece of matchbook between one set of points, it took me awhile to notice, he got me the bastid!!

11. justpassinthru

justpassinthru

Not me, but my dad. I went to go to high school one morning, went out to the garage, hopped in my 70 Mercury Monterey 4 door winter beater, shifted into reverse and nothing, shifted in drive and nothing, I thought the trans took a crap, then realized he put the floor jack under the right rear wheel, jacked it just off the ground. To make matters worse, he took the handle off the jack and hid it in the garage. By the time I found the handle, I was late to school and they didn't believe my excuse. Thanks, Dad!

Bill

41 GMC K-18, Cooon, slim38 and 2 others like this.
  12. indyjps

indyjps

My buddy is a little on the OCD side. Great to work with.
    Going around the shop and moving a few things about 10 degrees off center is about a good a joke as any.

Couple good ones I pulled as a kid.
    Before the internet when there were catalogs and mailers, could really work work with that.
    All the cheerleaders and pep squad at my school got Frederick's of Hollywood, Adam and Eve catalogs, starting in eigth grade. Sent a few request for tough guys to receive man thong catalogs. Never heard if they arrived.
    The high school installed a Plexiglas cover over the letter board sign out front specifically due to a buddy and I changing the messages so many times.
    The court house had a fab shop come out and weld domes on the top of the handrails because we skated them so much.

41 GMC K-18 likes this.
  13. Budget36

Budget36

Some of you folks are brutal! Most I ever did was turn on the wipers, crank the radio up to confuse someone.
    So glad I wasn’t raised around many of you!

14. phat rat

phat rat

I had the job as an assistant janitor at the local grade school while I was in high school. There were 3 of us and the boss was the oldest at 22. One day on the way to work I spied a dead cat right across the road from work. The other 2 guys had to run to another building, we cleaned 3 buildings, while they were gone I went and got the cat. I emptied the younger guys lunch bucket and stuffed the cat in there. To say the least when he opened his lunch bucket to eat he wasn't a bit pleased.
    Another time the younger guy and I took the bosses car and moved it 1/2 mi to another building as his key worked in the bosses car but not visa versa
    We took a tire off one time and tossed it on the roof.
    The boss always drove when we moved between building and when backing onto a road if he asked if anything was coming we'd say just a big red truck. Well one time there really was a Big Red truck coming and he just kept backing up. With us hollering stop there really is a red truck coming he stopped just in time That stopped us from saying that again
    At lunch time in one building the other 2 would race to sit at a teachers desk to eat. Well one time the boss nailed the other guys lunch bucket to a wood table. He came to a very abrupt stop when his lunch didn't come off the table. Later his mother wondered how he got the hole in it
    We always said we didn't make much money but we had a hell of a lot of fun with pranks

41 GMC K-18, alanp561, SS327 and 2 others like this.
  15. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

I had that one pulled on me, magnum sized. I was taking a weekend trip to Monterey right after Christmas with a blonde long-legger I had been seeing, actually was a great weekend- until. Friday afternoon, she was in our local hangout, where all bets were off on pranks, yakking with my buddy's wife who was bartending about how excited she was, gonna be fun yadayada. Guess who wifey told. So we get home Sunday afternoon, I dropped her off and headed home, came around the corner and found that I had been set up in business- there was a 4x8 plywood nailed to the second story above the garage, in orange marking paint, "Gene's Used Christmas Trees". Everybody they could find got in on it and brought their trees, one guy drove to Vallejo and got his mom's tree. Neighbors are watching, so they join in and drag their trees down. 42 trees, and the ones in the grass each had two concrete stakes and were securely wired to the stakes, and and a beer can on top. 7 trees on the front porch, of course wired to the railings, can't get in the house. Trees in both my Highboy and the company truck, and a little 4-footer about 10 ft up in the street tree. And they made a video. So I finally get inside, and the answering machine tape was completely full, all Christmas carols. Fockers were thorough...

16. Of course we have all done the pull in behind a truck being towed when your passenger is sleeping routine. Tap the brakes and scream, works every time.
    I was driving back from a fishing trip late one night while my buddy was sleeping. Crossing the 231 bridge I noticed a heavy fog over the river. Perfectly clear above and pea soup from the bridge down. I screamed, John wake up, we’re flying! He didn’t say a word but the look on his face was priceless.

raven, 41 GMC K-18 and Boneyard51 like this.
  17. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

The first time my better half was backing her new car out of the driveway I slapped my hand hard against the passenger window. She thought she hit something, was not amused. Good thing the garage is heated.

18. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

My ex-gf has a sister that must have been dropped on her head- I have seen pics of her from childhood til now, and not one is smiling. Only time she is happy is when she's stirring someone else's stuff, which is her passion. She is why they invented the "C" word. Tried everything to get along with her, as gf was renting her a room, and she was intensely jealous as she had no relationship. I nicknamed her Grumpy Cat, and her whole family picked up on that one. I bought her the GC book for Christmas, and her 93 yr old mom was looking thru it, sitting next to her, started laughing and said "that's you!". So one day working out on I-580, behind the K-rail, I found one of those triangular magnetic pizza delivery signs, and put it on top of her SUV. Never noticed, gf finally told her after a week. Best one was the big Grumpy sticker on her back window, giving everyone "the claw", it went three weeks before she noticed, wondered why people were honking and waving at her

19. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

I wasn't in on this prank but I heard it as it was happening at a party as it was ending.
    This was in the early 70's, a guy in our hot rod circle was known to over-indulge in his refreshments and also would have no part in handing over his keys or accepting offers of a ride, he had a 48 Ford pickup with a real 327/365 hp and a B&M hydro, some guys decided to block the rear of the truck up so it had a half inch of clearance, not easily seen in the dark.
    We thought someone was doing the typical "leave the scene" burnout but found the guy parked at the curb going through the gears at full song, he finally gets out to investigate, finds nothing and gets back in and tries again when the pranksters push it off the blocks.
    The truck got traction and spit out the driveshaft (two pieces) in the street, as the guy was a bit of a hasher, he had built the driveshaft by welding two different tubes together in the middle:eek:, other than that, no real harm ensued but boy was it entertaining.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2022
    41 GMC K-18 and Boneyard51 like this.
  20. Friends of mine in the local bodyshop used to pull shit on one of the salesmen all the time. The sales guy had a 4 cylinder S15 he used to drive as a demo.

They pushed the truck into the shop one day and ran a length of spark plug wire inside and under the seat cover. We were watching through the window when Big Jim went to start the truck. After two tries of him shocking himself, the truck started. Apparently those iron dukes can run on three and he was sitting there vibrating like he was getting tased.

The absolutely best one on him was wiring the horn to the brake pedal. Jim was always checking for stuff like this so the boys wired it next to the heat duct with an inline heat sensitive switch. It was winter and Jim would just hop in and go. He had about a half hour drive home so it was toasty warm by the time he got home. Turns out the first red light he came up to, he was behind a police car. The rest was epic....

21. Dustin 257

Dustin 257
    from Dallas

Old Antifreeze jug with a valve stem drilled into the lid. Plug airline into it. Slide it under the car of a fresh start up on a new motor then we would have someone turn on the air during break in and kill the motor once it pops.

wraymen likes this.
  22. I just love when somebody asks me to hold the hook end of a tape measure, you gotta slide it so the measurement comes up short, gets them every time!

23. My uncle Lonnie and my dad when I was a kid. We lived 100 miles apart, went there for Xmas to stay overnight. Uncle wants us to stay 2 nights. Got ready to leave on schedule but dad's Econoline van won't start. Dad yells at uncle "Fix it, I saw you with the engine cover open yesterday".

Uncle had replaced the coil wire with rubber tubing....

We get home and I hear dad doing something. He's packing a steering wheel in a box. I ask and he says, "Lonnie will be mad when he sees his car in the garage missing the wheel, so I'm mailing it back tomorrow".

raven, 41 GMC K-18, wraymen and 5 others like this.
  24. lostone

lostone
    from kansas

This is mean but funny.

I had a young guy working about 2 months for me when I was managing a body shop. I heard him talk about how jealous his girlfriend was and then one friday she walks in. I knew they had a "date nite" the Friday before but he had to miss it and she was still mad.

So I overhear them making plans for the night and I act dumb and walk up and say "hey we're still on for tonight right?" He of course acts confused and says "umh I've got plans" and she's looking at both of us, I reply "what? You standing me up? Ive already rented a hotel room" He replies "I don't know what your talking about", I reply oh really? Well you seemed to enjoy yourself last Friday nite at the hotel!", he's like totally confused and doing that confused laugh which makes him look guilty as hell.

She's like getting mad! He goes "he's just teasing!" I say " well after 3 dates your just going to dump me just like this?! What? You already got what you wanted and use me?"

At this point his girlfriend is fuming, she looks at him and goes " you got something to tell me? Is he why you've missed our dates night twice !!" And I just keep it going, I look at him and say " yeah tell her !!" He is frozen and just mumbling words with nothing coming out tangible, my other body guys are laughing their butts off!

At this point he's dead meat, he's begging me and laughing at the same time, I break down and start laughing, I tell her I made the whole thing up and I'm happily married, to a woman, and just wanted to prank him.

At this point my body guys come over and back me up on it being a prank, she was OK when she left but he told us Monday morning he took her 2 dozen roses that night and she was both pissed at me but at the same time one of the best pranks she'd ever seen and that his confusion and laughing just added more realism to it.

We still laugh about it when I see him every couple years and that was 25 yrs ago.

25. Tapping a wrench on the radiator support when your friend starts his engine we just worked on.

26. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

I wasn't in on it, but witnessed it....

In high school, we had a real b i t c h English teacher. I mean, this woman never smiled, always had a frown on her face. Couldn't please her, we couldn't do anything right for her. Finally, some of the guys had enough, they were out to get her. One Friday night at a football game, she had to work the gate. A couple of the guys had brought some potatoes from home, and they proceeded to shove them into the exhaust pipe of her AMC Hornet. One wasn't enough, no, they shoved about three in there!

I never knew a 258 I6 AMC had so much exhaust pressure! We were standing around in the shadows after the game when she left out, the car sounded like it was wheezing, then all the sudden BOOM!!!! The potatoes shot out the exhaust at the same time the rusty muffler exploded! She about had a heart attack, jumped out of the car, running around it to see what had exploded! We laughed our asses off! She never did find out what they had done, and it was just as well, she probably would have had them arrested. I heard one of them dumped a pound of sugar in her gas tank later as well, but the guy who supposedly did it was a big blowhard, so you couldn't believe anything he said.

Never underestimate the power of a potato!

27. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

in high school there was a teacher who was a bit of a hardnose. Several of us got together and picked up his VW and
    put between a telephone pole and the building, with about 3 inches at each end. He had to get maintenance to use
    a pallet jack to pull him over.

28. wicarnut

wicarnut

Best prank ever pulled on me was back in the day, high school, was bumping nasties with girlfriend at the local passion pit, nice summer evening, car windows down, Buddy sneaks up and reaches in and grabs my butt, WOW ! talk about a surprise, quite the mood killer, hit my head on roof, heart about stopped. For several years when we saw each other he would point at me and laugh, took me awhile before I appreciated the humor of it, a pretty good prank and never left windows down at the drive in if romance was in the picture.

41 GMC K-18, Deuces, alanp561 and 2 others like this.
  29. wicarnut

wicarnut

An employee of mine was a Harley guy and back in the day they leaked oil, He had the engine rebuilt by local Harley expert and it did not leak oil marking it's territory anymore. This young man had pranked me (the Boss) so payback was in order, after a couple of weeks I would sneak out and put a drops of oil under the bike, then bigger drops and when he was wound real tight ready to go back to engine guy I told him payback is a bitch, no more pranks of any kind in the shop. I kept this rule for 36 years of being in business as hiring/employing people for the most part is like running a kindergarten, day care center. IMO

Last edited: Jun 12, 2022