Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Insurance company

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by keithfielder, Jun 9, 2022.

1. keithfielder

keithfielder

Is Grundy a good insurance company to use.?

2. dave plmley

dave plmley

I've had them for many years and had a couple claims and they always handled them fast. I also think my premium is a fair cost. I had Hagerty for a while, but the cost went up continually.

3. keithfielder

keithfielder

Thanks for the reply

4. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Yes, and half the price as the others with the same coverage.

mrspeedyt likes this.

5. Bugguts

Bugguts

I have JC Taylor.
    I pay $129 per year for a $18,000 agreed value on my 29 A.
    Check them out.

hemihotrod66 likes this.
  6. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I have Hagerty.
    Have had no claims.
    The cost is reasonable for multiple vehicles at stated value.

hrm2k and LOST ANGEL like this.
  7. primed34

primed34

Had poor luck with Grundy. Had good luck with Hagerty . Your results may be different.

8. no55mad

no55mad

Chrome is very user friendly, classic car coverage through American National, one of the oldest insurers in the US.

egads and garage2small like this.
  9. mrspeedyt

mrspeedyt

I've had Grundy for many years. Never a problem. But then again, I've never had a claim either.

10. wicarnut

wicarnut

Been with Grundy for 20+years, no problems with my 1 claim, know people that had big claims, 1 total loss from garage fire, again no problem with settlements, I recommend them. Note, they are not a daily driver policy.

11. Back with Grundy now. $167 for a year for $25000 coverage. Cannot be a daily driver, must be in a locked garage stipulation on my property. Took a while to get all the doc's back and forth and to get the Underwriter aboard(staffing issues at Grundy) but after about ten days we got it finished. All of this was done via the computer scanning and sending doc's electronically. Haggerty wanted twice that but you had very few restrictions.

12. I have Hagerty and I'm happy. Although I haven't made a claim since I had them onboard. They are easy to deal with. I believe the mileage per year thing went adios a few years ago.

13. Chicster

Chicster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Missouri H.A.M.B.ers

I have Grundy and am well pleased. Half the cost of some.

14. 5window

5window

I have American Modern. No driving restrictions,guaranteed value and good value. Also, coverage is "stacked" with my daily's coverage.

15. Bearing Burner

Bearing Burner
    from W. MA

I have had Grundy on my 67 Corvette for many years however thankfully I haven't had a claim.

16. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

Repeat notice , insurance company rates , restrictions ,etc are set individually by each states insurance commissioner , what is good , cheap , fair , whatever varies state by state .

Last edited: Jun 10, 2022
  17. uncle buck

uncle buck

I had them until about 10 years ago and changed to State Farm agreed value after what seemed to be many changes of underwriters. That made me nervous about if I ever had a claim, which I haven't. I have State farm for home owners and my personal vehicles and I pay about $280 a year for $65k agreed value and have local representation.

18. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

I have my old cars on the same policy with my new cars (and my home) at AAA. The cost is very reasonable, and the service has been fantastic; when I was rear ended 2 years ago they covered everything, even waved the deductible.

Truckdoctor Andy and jimmy six like this.
  19. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

AAA classic car with agreed on price. I have their home owner and auto policy too but it may not matter with the classic car coverage. Many of my friends have their coverage also.

Blues4U likes this.
  20. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

I've had Grundy for years. Had one claim on a hatchback glass not made anymore that I had to buy a used unit and get the hatch painted, no problem. Paid several tow bills also.

21. Nothing negative for Grundy. I have had a few interactions with Hagerty, never a claim, just 1 tow and financial transactions; all positive.

22. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

I've only ever used Hagerty (and have had great luck with them) but I haven't really heard anything negative about Grundy. I have several friends who use them, and they have been happy. Although I don't think any of them have ever had to file a claim.

politicstshirt.jpg
    ironandsteele.com​