Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical new carnage- 354 hemi

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fullblast, May 28, 2022.

1. Not Again!- Well not as bad as last time, but who could have predicted an a exhaust rocker arm would break! Anybody have any extras I can have/buy? [email protected]
    was runnig good right befor too. PXL_20220528_162956436.jpg PXL_20220528_163006148.jpg

2. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Actually, exhaust rockers breaking is a common problem with early hemis. The stockers are cast and long. I broke one in my dirt car and damaged a piston. While I had it apart, I went to the "Mopars in the Park" swap meet at Raceway Park in Shakopee. I was walking down one of the aisles and came across a guy who had 7 forged Donovan rockers for sale for $35. I bought them and assembled the engine with them and the best looking stock rocker arm. About 6 months later, after a lot of wanted ads, I was able to purchase the eighth rocker for $100!

They made forged exhaust rockers for the for good reason. If you are running any modifications on one of these engines, you should try to find some. They are super hard to find and expensive if you do. In my case, it's better to be lucky than smart.

Last edited: May 28, 2022
    GordonC likes this.
  3. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It happens, but not all that often.

I would just grab a set of of that auction site, have my guy slide in a bushing for good measure, and get back on the road.

4. well at least I didn't seize all the intake valves like last time - cost me 6K to fix that.....
    Still looking for spares drivers side #1 piston exhaust rocker arm- or I can buy a whole set.
    Maybe have the Magnaflux?

5. TRENDZ

TRENDZ

I have some extras. pm me your shipping address

Johnny Gee likes this.
  6. TRENDZ

TRENDZ

If anyone is in need of adjustables, Webster Heads has them in chromoly. 1E15B1AA-FEE2-4677-B1D4-340B4E823259.jpeg

ottoman likes this.
  7. Eddie

Eddie
    from Georgia

If that doesn't work out with Trendz, I have plenty. Eddie 478-967-3362

8. thanks, he says will send me a couple.

9. Andy

Andy

It look like the push rod was not seating properly. The ball dia stock is 1/4 and you may have 5/16 ball ends. That would wedge the rocker seat out.

Desoto291Hemi likes this.
  10. Yep,,,,operator error on that one,,,,,it couldn’t help but fail .

Tommy

73RR likes this.
  11. The ends neck down to 1/4" so ....