Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Recreating the jesse lopez coupe

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by jivin jer, Aug 18, 2012.

1. jivin jer

jivin jer

2. jivin jer

jivin jer

This is gonna be nice when it's organized and consolidated. IMG_0983 (3).jpg

LBCD, chryslerfan55, Stogy and 2 others like this.
  3. banditomerc

banditomerc

Hey Jer,glad too SEE everything is mending,your a tuff ol' rascal u will "bounce back better"!

chryslerfan55, Stogy and loudbang like this.
  4. jivin jer

jivin jer

Thanks big D.

Stogy and loudbang like this.
  5. jivin jer

jivin jer

Stogy, AChopped1950ford and loudbang like this.
  6. jivin jer

jivin jer

This is a little more like it. IMG_1014.jpg

Stogy, Outback, chryslerfan55 and 3 others like this.
  7. jivin jer

jivin jer

Progress.

Attached Files:

8. jivin jer

jivin jer

Yeah, this part too.

Attached Files:

9. jivin jer

jivin jer

The kids are happy about this.

Attached Files:

10. jivin jer

jivin jer

You knew this had to happen.

Attached Files:

OLLIN, Stogy, chryslerfan55 and 6 others like this.
  11. jivin jer

jivin jer

Checkin in with a MERRY CHRISTMAS to everybody. I'm doin good just takin a break. IMG_0499.jpg

12. jivin jer

jivin jer

I’m not dead, and neither is this thread, explanation to follow.

13. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

Glad to hear that you are on the Green side of the Grass

OLLIN and Stogy like this.
  14. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

Patiently Waiting

Stogy likes this.
  15. jivin jer

jivin jer

I appreciate your patience, Frank. This is "like" trying to shift into first gear and there's something wrong with the Syncros. I'll get it.

Last edited: May 19, 2022
  16. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

anything that I can do?

Stogy likes this.
  17. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

How are your knees doing?

Stogy likes this.
  18. jivin jer

jivin jer

The r knee is giving me a very positive look at my eighties that start in August. The l one is telling me to not ignore it, but it will become the topic of discussion with the doc in August. In general, I'm doing quite well with the exception being my macular degeneration in my r eye. Unfortunately, this slows down any progress on the car because I've discovered that there are some things that I just can't do. I need to get son Dan to help me get "over the hump", and it looks like the best way to do this is talk about selling these cars. Those of you that have been with me from the beginning will remember the idea of doing the cars and then selling them was always the goal. I'm going to give whatever Jr's car brings to the two sons (Dan and Tom) that helped with it way back when, 50/50. With all the help that Dan has given me on Jesse's, i gotta give him a piece of that too.
    I'm going down to Galveston this next week with son John's family, and when I get back, we'll look at an idea for a "story board" for the JLC.
    I HOPE YOURE PROUD OF YOURSELF FRANK, SEE WHAT YOU DID!

19. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

Glad to be Moral support. My sister get's shots in her eyes for macular degeneration. I know from being active all your life slowing down can be depressive. You had dream of building Jesse's car and did it with research and diligence you should be very proud of you accomplishment. take care my friend and e-mail or text me if you need anything. Frank

20. jivin jer

jivin jer

It is strange the way things start out sometimes, and strange again the way they finish. When it was time to really go after this "condition" that I had, it wasn't like I had much to say in the matter. It started before Junior had done his '50 Ford coupe, and by the time it came out in '57, I was helpless regarding any resistance to it, but the idea that a 17-year-old kid had done this stunned me.
    I was being led along in the path that I should go. Looking back on it I'm amazed how it kept me completely mesmerized and fed me as I was immersed in the culture, along with keeping me completely distracted as some powerful negative things in my life attempted to destroy me.
    I'm 100 percent positive that it was a God thing all dressed up as bright and shiny, and "sketchy" to the outside world, and I didn't even know Him at the time.
    So, as we are focused on the JLC, it wasn't even on the radar at the time. It just seems like (now) the most logical progression of events, but it all started with that '50 Ford coupe that Junior felt like (I'm sure) he had to do and became so focused on all the details that it "led" into an amazing career after Barris Kustom. To be associated with all this is one of my life's "mind blow's", and incredible honor's.
    I'm glad that y'all are along for the ride.

Last edited: May 28, 2022
    Stogy, Outback, chryslerfan55 and 4 others like this.
  21. Glad you are doing well over all Jerry, but sorry to hear about the eye. Even though the plan from the beginning had been to build and ultimately sell the cars, I'm sure that's still a hard pill to swallow, given the circumstances that bring that to reality. "Willing and timely" sales are often a bit easier to take than forced play so to speak. Sure wish I had room in the stable for either of them. God bless and I know He has a perfect plan for this story to continue it's thread through the next guy with the "condition." :)

Stogy, Outback and chryslerfan55 like this.
  22. jivin jer

jivin jer

Thanks Doc for post. What would really help would be to see some examples of “show signs”, I don’t even know the correct terminology for these things. I told Dan that this will be a “substantial piece”, so I do have an idea in my head, and love the creative challenge.

Stogy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  23. I have to say, I spent all afternoon reading this thread and its not the first time. I'd love to see some recent shots of the cars.

Stogy and Gotgas like this.
  24. ne'erdowell

ne'erdowell

Hi Jerry, I want to say thanks for the conversations about paint color when I was getting my '41 sedan ready. I love the green on your coupe but ended up getting Mandarin Maroon (it looks great). Your work is the standard by which others will be judged (aside from the originals). Best wishes as you move forward. Dave

Stogy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  25. Well, just to start the sign examples, here’s mine for my Chevy…

C969B651-EE9B-478B-9A1B-A8C96A1CC172.jpeg

Stogy, Outback, Okie Pete and 2 others like this.
  26. jivin jer

jivin jer

That’s what I need to be seeing, thank you very much.

chryslerfan55, drdave and Peanut 1959 like this.
  27. jivin jer

jivin jer

Well, I finally found something called Car Show Boards, which I think is appropriate since I think I want to use a 20'X 8" Board cut into two pieces.

28. jivin jer

jivin jer

Ferdy here's the JCC, the JLC to follow.

Attached Files:

Stogy, drdave, chryslerfan55 and 2 others like this.
  29. jivin jer

jivin jer

JLC

Attached Files:

Stogy, chryslerfan55 and drdave like this.