Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Big daddy's 1960 El Camino

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lloyd's paint & glass, Nov 18, 2020.

1. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Or...you could bring it to me (NY is a lot closer) and give it to me;).
    It shore is purdy:cool:

enloe, chryslerfan55 and mad mikey like this.
  2. It is being built by the BIG GUY. She is already Bad Ass. The interior is Miss Ashley's icing on the cake.

3. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

4. Miss Ashley needs to get on the ball and sew up a headliner :D

5. SS327

SS327

You go tell her that and then come back here and tell us which body part she ripped off of you and beat you with. :D

6. You do realize it’s not a good idea to make a woman angry, right?

7. 210superair

210superair
    from Michigan

I hit the like button on this, but then thought better of it. I don't wanna piss her off either. That'd be the final hit to my reputation, getting my ass kicked by a girl.

Car looks great Lloyd.

8. Hey I wear the pants around this house :cool: she just tells me which ones to wear :D I told her the car doesn't need a headliner right now, but she insist that it has to have one. I'm just trying to get it ready to drive across the fine state of Kentucky! Instead of the old saying "chrome don't get ya home", it's "foam don't get ya home" lmao!! ;)

9. sidewayzz69

sidewayzz69

Bring that 61 on down man

10. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

...and while you're at it woman, I need door and kick panels too...I ain't got all day...so get your butt in gear:eek::eek::eek: (said Lloyd on his last day on the planet).

11. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

It has been sitting since I got the Vette back on the road. I don’t know how it would fare for the week.

12. SS327

SS327

Run it and find out! It is a Chevrolet after all. It will probably surprise you.

13. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

Ok whats part number on the starter. And the bolts. You gonna make it?

14. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

Put some sea foam in gas tank

Tickety Boo, hotrodjack33 and SS327 like this.
  15. I don't know what I did with the receipt for the bolts, they were from dorman is all I remember. 20220520_081818.jpg

mad mikey and chryslerfan55 like this.
  16. Change the oil and gas. Check the brakes. It's a Chevy man! You don't have to work on them, you put gas in them and go! You know why I drive Chevy? Cause I don't suck! :D

17. sidewayzz69

sidewayzz69

True That

mad mikey likes this.
  18. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

You worry over the same type of stuff Lloyd. Time for your Ham Chunk quote of the day. "Ha Ha You Funny"
    [​IMG]

19. The Chevy will prevail. If it breaks you can fix it. If you want to go faster you can, easily. If you want to look cool while doing it, you are already there!:D

20. sidewayzz69

sidewayzz69

Words of wisdom right there.

21. Today was pretty funny. Did a bolt check on the suspension, and hit the blacktop for the first time. Pulled out of the driveway, car in drive, and when it shifted into 2nd it barked the tires, good firm shift, on up the road it shifted into 3rd, yay, happy man! Car drove straight, no bumps or rattles.... then I came to a place to turn around, hit a big chug hole, but no big deal right? Stopped, put the car in reverse, nothing!! Pulled it back into drive, nothing o_O what the hell? Got out, looked under the car to make sure the shift cable hadn't done something funky, everything was good. Told Ashley to shut the car off while I looked around for a problem. Father in law pulled in and said what's wrong with it? I told him what had happened, he asked if it had enough transmission fluid, I told Ashley to start it up, checked the fluid and it was 4" up the dipstick, just like it wasn't running. I said well shit, the damn pump quit. Told her to shut it off. Father in law said I've got a tow strap, I'll pull you back home. I said let me try it again and if it doesn't work you can drag me back home. Son of a bitch went on gear! I turned it back down the hill, and once it started rolling, it quit pulling. Luckily it is all downhill so I coasted into my driveway, but then it wouldn't pull. So I shut it off again, waited about a minute, and it went into gear again. Pulled up to the garage and parked it, told Ashley that I'm gonna have to pull it out and take it to the transmission shop. One of my buddies owns Cobra transmissions in Winchester. She said you better call him to make sure he can get to it! So I did, I said hey Randy, this transmission is screwed, I think the pump went out. Told him the story and he started laughing. He said do me a favor, before you pull the trans, drop the pan, I'll bet you a dime to a ducks ass that the filter fell off when you hit that hole! So it's sucking what fluid it can reach, and then stops, and when you shut the car off, it stains back to the pan and starts over. He said he's seen it quite a few times. I didn't have time to pull the pan, but I will tmrw evening. Hoping he's right. Anybody else ever had it happen?

22. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I thought that the TH350 filter's bolted on. Unless you're not using a TH350...:rolleyes:o_O:eek::oops::D:cool:
    Maybe I'm confused. Should'a went with the 4 speed... :p:p:p

23. It's a 350, like I said before, I couldn't afford everything it takes to do the 4 speed at the moment, but it'll be behind the 454. And I thought it bolted on also, but hopefully it broke lmao! If not it'll come out and go to the shop. Never say die. I love pushing stuff right to the deadline. But you can bet your sweet ass this car will make the trip to the reunion;):D

24. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have complete faith in you Brother!!! I know you'll make it! :):cool::D
    That would be a real S.O.B. if the friggin' bolts broke!

mad mikey and sidewayzz69 like this.
  25. SS327

SS327

I’ll bet you did not tighten it! A dime to a ducks ass!

26. He told me if somebody put a filter in it and didn't use the gasket that it would act the same way. I'm just hoping it's obvious when I pull the pan! I have another 350th here, but I know nothing about it. This one has a shift kit in it, but it's been sitting for a while. We did the seats in the transmission guys car, and he told me then that if I needed anything he'd take care of me, so, we'll see.

27. I never had the pan off!

28. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I got my finger's and more crossed for 'ya Big Guy! Cheap fixes are the best fixes!!! :D

mad mikey, SS327 and sidewayzz69 like this.
  29. sidewayzz69

sidewayzz69

hoping for a easy fix for ya.

SS327 and mad mikey like this.
  30. Racingsnake

Racingsnake
    from So Cal

What swap meet?