Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1951 ford new roof

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by den557, Dec 3, 2021.

1. Squablow

Squablow

Wow, that's really neat, I'd love to know where some of my old cars ended up, or where some of the ones I have now came from. Even if he doesn't want to sell it, would be cool if you could get a ride in it from Den557 and go check it out.

arkiehotrods and MO_JUNK like this.
  2. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

Nice improvement

3. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

den557, excellent work. Great improvements.

arkiehotrods likes this.
  4. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I just posted some pics of my old 51 Ford custom I built when I was a kid (mid '70s) on your other thread.
    Customs - anybody recognize this 1951 ford custom | The H.A.M.B. (jalopyjournal.com)
    Probably not your car...but who knows...
    PD_0073.jpg

straykatkustoms likes this.
  5. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@den557 . That is going to look freaking fantastic. Plus no more huge blind spot. Well done man. Dunno how I missed this, but will be following for sure. To my way of thinking if a chop dominates a custom that is generally all you see , that’s how it was , now it purely flows .

6. den557

den557

somebody posted pics of another car that is not it this was built out of a 1951 ford Victoria 2 door hardtop had about a 1964 chevy roof i cut off the car i think it had hydraulics on it at one time too 350 chevy with a turbo 400 8 inch ford rear

7. Josh Sampsel

Josh Sampsel
    from Tennessee

The yellow car is without a doubt our old car. My dad sold it in 2003 or 2004 In Milan Michigan, I found that guy not long ago and he sold it to somebody that he thinks was from Muskegon Mi. I spent hours putting those flames through the louvers(they weren't perfect I was a kid at the time), behind the back seat the floor was all cobbled up, we put the custom dash with Classic Instrument gauges in it, the door poppers were in the spotlights and the side windows were plexiglass that were romovable. I still have a key tag where my dad bought the car from a dealer around Ypsilanti, and pictures from before the flames were put on it. I never would have imagined this car was still the same color and all, it got keyed right before we sold it and I figured it had been repainted by now.

Attached Files:

8. den557

den557

i did buy the the car in 2003 or 2004 drove it 3 or 4 times motor had so much blow by oil came out the lovers bad brakes and rear suspension i thought i get to it some day, time gets away it sat a long time drug it out washed it did not remember it was that good, i never liked the roof so it was do for a change i wish i had that old dash it looked good, i like the flames you did a good job i did not paint the front, key marks still in front going to try matching that this spring it will be on the road this year every thing else is fixed even cobbled up floors, glass will be cut this week,all stainless is on, i will keep up darting this

Attached Files:

9. Josh Sampsel

Josh Sampsel
    from Tennessee

Would you be interested in selling the ol girl?

10. Squablow

Squablow

Damn good color match on the yellow paint, how'd you manage that?

arkiehotrods likes this.
  11. gsnort

gsnort
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice work on the chop. I like skirts--on good looking women and 50's customized cars.

arkiehotrods likes this.
  12. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Very tasteful chop

arkiehotrods likes this.
  13. den557

den557

not interested in selling right now need to finish and put some miles on it and enjoy it for awile

14. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Very kool, subscribed!

guthriesmith likes this.
  15. den557

den557

51 ford 001.JPG 51 ford 002.JPG 51 ford 003.JPG 51 ford 005.JPG 51 ford 004.JPG
    getting there still working on it

16. Man, you have knocked it outta the park! :)
    Congratulations on a job well done. HRP

17. What a difference! It just keeps getting better! :cool:

18. Squablow

Squablow

Wow, this turned out great! Especially good color match on the yellow from what I can see, impressive work on the chopped quarter glass, too. The old version had really awkward proportions, this version is dead-on.

hotrodjack33 and guthriesmith like this.
  19. Glen Beck

Glen Beck

Uncle denny it looks really good I like it much better I still think the skirts are a little long for me but I know if you don't like them you'll change them

20. den557

den557

21. den557

den557

22. Amazing the difference! I would be happy with the new look too! Great job! :cool:

210superair and hotrodjack33 like this.
  23. FlatheadFanFromMI

FlatheadFanFromMI

This was all done in 8 months too. Great job @den557 dennys 51.jpg dennys 51-2.jpg dennys 51-3.jpg dennys 51-4.jpg

24. Atomic Kustom

Atomic Kustom

Looks great!! Any idea what steel wheels you are running to get the Olds caps to fit?? I know they don't work with the factory ones because of the off set

25. Dangerousdan

Dangerousdan
    from Arizona

Off with the old on with the new. That's the correct look.

26. Flathead Freddie

Flathead Freddie

Creativity Time and Effort always pays off not to mention. looking at it a million times before you doit then waking up in the middle of the nite and Bango ! That's how I'll do it .
    Looks totally sharp and I like flames unless you look at them to a lot then it's another million looks ...
    Just a great job Bravo !!

27. Squablow

Squablow

Night and day difference, looks great! Dumping those body color mirrors was also a very good decision. I really like it now.

28. atomicglowman

atomicglowman

Congratulations, you've done a fabulous job on that top, especially adding all the stainless and the quarter window. Big improvement. Just my opinion, I wish you'd selected a different rear window tho... maybe something more rectangular, like 49 Plymouth.

29. den557

den557

all are 6 inch wide rims 3 are ford but do not know what they are from 1 is a dodge from ?