Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Traditional Hot Rod Scene in Atlanta?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Farrell Martin, May 13, 2022.

1. Farrell Martin

Farrell Martin

Is there a traditional hot rod scene around Atlanta? I go to a lot of local car shows and am lucky to find more than a couple cars that check that box. I am picking up a model A chassis this weekend as the first step to building an AV8 and looking for local rodders and inspiration.

Thanks

2. Roothawg

Roothawg

I know there’s some of SEGA guys down that way….

3. chopped

chopped

• Everything's on the north side, where you at.

4. Farrell Martin

Farrell Martin

5. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

My son lives there and every time we have visited from Ky. I've never seen any hot rods, street rods, or muscle cars out. I've have seen Porsches, Audis & other foreign cars though.

6. Zax

Zax
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1952-59 Ford Social Group

Not as much as there used to be sadly. When I was a kid going to shows and cruise ins with my dad they were all over the place. I remember a guy letting me sit in his T Bucket at a show when I was little. I was so amazed by it.

There are several HAMBers in the greater Atlanta area. Maybe we should take matters into our own hands.

The only car show that seems to bring the traditional cars out of hiding is the Moonshine Festival in Dawsonville.

Last edited: May 13, 2022
    Dos Cincos likes this.
  7. I'm likely the only one with white walls at most shows I attend in the area. Would love to find a more traditional one and agree with Zax, maybe we need to take matters into our own hands

8. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Atlanta has been invaded by folks from other parts of the country, most who are chasing the big dollars, not hot rods. Most of the big money folks buy expensive sports cars and muscle cars or high end luxury cars. Just a changing of the times. Most of the folks raised around there moved away from the big city....

9. 34Phil

34Phil

car shows today in Blue Ridge and Macon
    Moonshine festival in Dawsonville Oct 21-22 could be called a gathering of '40 Fords

10. Zax

Zax
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1952-59 Ford Social Group

Sad but true. I live in the North Atlanta suburbs and i'm more likely to see a supercar, like Ferrari or McLaren, than I am a pre-65 car on the road. Doesn't deter me though. I'll keep buying and working on what I like. Luckily the laws in GA still make it an attractive state for hot rod and custom owners.

11. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

I have a few friends that did live in the metro area, one moved farther south, another moved to northeast GA, and one got completely out of the state when he retired and went to South Carolina! They all have late 60's and early 70's vehicles.

12. Farrell Martin

Farrell Martin

i don't yet have a running hotrod, but like the idea of taking matters into our own hands. I am all for getting something going, hell even if that means having a couple of beverages and turning some wrenches.

13. chopped

chopped

Do the socks still do breakfast now and then?