Register now to get rid of these ads!

Old English Fords

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by E93a, May 12, 2022.

1. E93a

E93a

Greetings to all from the UK. Been into traditional rods since the early 70s and a long time disciple of Ganahl. My interest for many years are Anglian, Populars, Prefects and Thames /Fordson vans. Don’t have one at present but starting to look but have owned several in the past. Happy to assist with advice and what fits on these as my involvement goes back to 1968. Also own a mildly rodded Morris Minor at present and have a lot of knowledge of those also which I am happy to share.

Flogknaw likes this.
  2. Welcome to the HAMB from Illinois, USA.

3. Welcome E93a from Boston Lincs. Where in the UK are you ?? My wife Irene also has a Minor with a 318 Chrysler and I have had a couple of pops myself.
    Charlie.

4. @E93a welcome from the lowlands. Can you tell me how rare this early model Prefect is ? It,s for sale locally and LHD. For those unfamiliar it has a different grille to most Anglia, Prefect models.

prefect 1.png prefect 2.png

tommyd likes this.

5. E93a

E93a

This is a fairly rare and desirable model. The front sheet metal is as you correctly point out different from the e493a prefect of 1948 to 53 with the built in headlights as what you have found is an E93a Prefect where the front sheet metal or at least the wings / fenders are the same as the Anglia/ Popular and the Thames van. By the looks of it this is a 1945 to 48ish model. The reason is that the E93a started production in 1938/39 and recommenced after ww2 but with a more simplified specification including no brightwork strip along the side which the vehicle in your pictures does not seem to have. The car is a good and unusual find so get it and preserve it in some shape or form if you are able to.

34 GAZ likes this.
  6. E93a

E93a

Thanks for the welcome. I am based in the Swadlincote/ Burton on Trent area. Strangely I used to live in Boston Swineshead Bridge) .My current Minor has discs, telescopic, anti roll bar, poly bushed 8cwt van wheels and much more including Mercedes seats !!

7. E93a

E93a

Thank you for the welcome, I have always found the Americans I have been fortunate enough to meet very polite and welcoming.

8. Funny you should say you lived in Boston. In the late 70s I used to sing in a RnR R/Billy band and we played in Swadlingcote , I think a working mens club, but, I could be wrong as I've been to sleep since then.:cool:
    Charlie.

9. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

Welcome from Detroit

10. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

11. E93a

E93a