Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Big daddy's 1960 El Camino

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lloyd's paint & glass, Nov 18, 2020.

1. I just replaced the starter in my 52 GMC pickup with one of those smaller late model ones. I needed the small diam vetsion (96 Caprice for looking up application) but the size difference should be the same. Also about half the weight. 20220429_123919.jpg

I found mine new on ebay for about $60 shipped to me. Just had to wait about 4 days vs getting immediately at local store.

Also these starter use special bolts, different than the old Delco starters. My starter came with them included.

2. Ashley is at work tonight, so I did a little sewing 20220510_215414.jpg 20220510_215424.jpg 20220510_215431.jpg

swade41, GordonC, Spoggie and 15 others like this.
  3. slim38

slim38
    from Sudan TX
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

Great job! That color combo and pattern pop brother.

4. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Your seat is out of an S-10.

5. I'm curious how it's gonna look inside the car. Still more work to do to it. Got tired of welding so I went in her shop where it's air conditioned lol

chryslerfan55, slim38 and mad mikey like this.
  6. Yes I know. 91 model. I bought it out of the junkyard. But I called it a 1/4 ton instead of saying S10 here. Thanks.

7. COCONUTS

COCONUTS

Lloyd's paint & glass likes this.
  8. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

9. Stock Racer

Stock Racer

10. Hollywood time baby! I gotta admit, Ashley did the diamond panel, but I made the rest of the seat back, not perfect, but time is running out and she's got customer seats that come first. But I'm happy with it! Works good for junk lmao! 20220511_192550.jpg 20220511_192614.jpg

11. belair

belair

Haven't seen a lot of cool interior work since Fat Lucky. Looks great.

12. Thanks man, this seat was just a junk seat that I bought for my wife to practice on. Every spring on the left side was broke, the foam on the left side was dry rotted and worthless, but, it'll fit my ass now. Would've rather had a better seat to start out with. But I don't have time to wait lol...

13. elgringo71

elgringo71

Loyd, Hollywood time is right. What an eye popper. Pure eye candy. If you loos steam in your build just put that seat in the El Camino and stare at it for a few seconds then walk around the vehicle and take it in slowly and then you will be ready to go again.

14. Ain't got time to lose steam man lol.... damn shoulder surgery shut me down on making money so I'm slacking in that department, but I'm slowly getting back on track. Gotta run a line to the modulator, figure out my front shocks, and wire the headlights and taillights. Then I'm on the road as far as I know! Well, I gotta go get 4 bolts for the coilovers, they're kinda rigged at the moment. Oh, and rear end grease

15. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

Making big strides Lloyd, looking good brother!! On the starter deal- you can wrap it in insulation blanket until you put your fenderwell headers on. If you know any boiler, plumber guys- ask them for a chunk of ceramic blanket. This stuff is good up to 1200 degrees.

16. I'm telling ya brother, there isn't but about a 1/16" space in there! 1/8" maximum. The car really needs fenderwell headers. I'm thinking tri five headers should work?

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  17. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

Yes they will but for some reason sbc fenderwell headers for tri- fives are silly money. Big block headers are short money, go figure.

18. I found some patriot, bare steel, small block, tri five, 1 5/8" fenderwell for $300. Didn't look into it, probability same price for shipping lol

Last edited: May 12, 2022
    chryslerfan55 likes this.
  19. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Check Amazon. I got a pair of Hooker ceramic coated fenderwell headers for my 56 for $195.00 because the box was damaged and returned. The headers were perfect! Only time in my life that something like that ever worked out in my favor!!! :rolleyes::cool::D

20. I'll check it out man, how's the 56 doing?

chryslerfan55 and sidewayzz69 like this.
  21. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

IT'S DONE!!! :D:D:D Plate's are on order, it's got insurance, and the shakedown run's are getting longer and longer as I work out the tune! On the road again after 14 year's!!! :oops::eek::rolleyes::p:cool:

22. HELL YEAH! You're in luck, I got an email earlier that said they have extended registration for BG until May 20th! Get your ass busy!

23. I called the county clerk the other day, told him I need to get a title for my elco. I usually just get a ky assigned vin, but he asked me for the vin on the car and it came back clear. So I had Alan send me a notarized bill of sale with the vin on it, walked into the clerks office and reach it to him. He said "that'll work"... other guy standing there was a vehicle inspector, he signed for the inspection, title is on the way and car is ready for the road (other than calling Hagerty lol)

24. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Who's Hagerty? :D

Lloyd's paint & glass likes this.
  25. That's my bootlegger man! Lol

26. sidewayzz69

sidewayzz69

Looks good to me. Nice job brother

27. SS327

SS327

If you buy a mini starter get a Hitachi style. By the way they will fit either small block or big block, small or big ring gear. I’m just saying.

28. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I ordered my tickets for Bowling Green the other day.
    Looks like I will be driving a OT vehicle. We have been living in a Hotel since Easter.
    We had the cold water supply line to the kitchen sink Break off Easter Sunday and flood the Whole House.
    I can't even get to either car because they are surrounded by stuff.

Ethan Graduates from High School this evening.
    Hopefully we will be moving back in this weekend.
    Maybe I can make something happen with the wagon.

29. Don't get down on me big guy, everything happens for a reason! If I was closer I'd come help ya! And I can't believe that big fucker is graduating! Hey seeing as he has a job, tell him he's buying supper one night!