Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Sins of Steel 2022?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mark Foran, May 2, 2022.

1. Mark Foran

Mark Foran

Trying to find info on this year's Sins of Steel in Davisburg Mi. Last I heard after 2021 was cancelled it was scheduled for June 4 2022, "and already paid for". Now I can't find anything at all. I'm not on the Facebook so that may be part of the problem.

Anyone know if Sins of Steel is happening this year?

(Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place)

2. GearheadsQCE

GearheadsQCE
    Alliance Vendor

I have a call into Boomer.
    Talked to the fairgrounds people. They said that it is booked but they have no other information.

I'll post it up here if there is any news.

flatheadpete likes this.
  3. GearheadsQCE

GearheadsQCE
    Alliance Vendor

Called Boomer's again. A very nice lady told me that he canceled the show Tuesday.
    No real explanation as to why.

Bummer!

4. KevKo

KevKo
    from Motown

Poop! SOS is one of my favorites. But putting on a show can be a PITA.

5. Yep..Sins is done….kinda sad…I hate to say it but people stopped showing up..they moved on the 2 wheels and the biker lifestyle…other types of cars..or were just in it for the “scene”…was a good run…I guess I’ll just keep driving mine with “no particular place to go”

6. GZ

GZ
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Detroit

Is the Ypsilanti Street Rod Show another thing of the past? I tried finding it online and found nothing.

7. GearheadsQCE

GearheadsQCE
    Alliance Vendor

Too bad Boomer didn't let everyone know earlier. Maybe someone would have taken it over or at least been able to book the fairgrounds for a similar event.

I'm local to there and have produced a couple of successful car shows for our church. But you need about a year to plan and organize this type of event.

@loveoftiki,
    I know the Poor Boys CC was a part of the show for some years (maybe back into the Billetproof era). Do you think they would be interested in working on a revival for next year?

I hate to see it just go away.

8. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think we need more Midnight Mass.

GZ and jim32 like this.
  9. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Bummer. I was looking forward to it this year.

10. We were involved way back when bringing Billetproof to Michigan with the blessing and support of it’s founder Kirk..I won’t go into the whole story after he sold it, show moving all over the place, etc…Sins was born out of the desire to keep the Davisburg BP legacy alive..and it did very well for a number of years…but like all things…changes occur..people feel “shows are lame” the folks in “the scene” move on to the next thing..and as someone that’s been around since the beginning, the car counts were dwindling, and the motivation of those involved was too…

I will say it would be an easy show to take over..has a following…you make some good merch, arrange some food vendors, pay the County, open the gates and people seem to show up…

As for the Poor Boys….doubt that will ever happen…not too many guys in the Club still have cars..many of us were friends prior and still are..but I don’t see us doing any shows again.

We did kick around another Midnight Mass a couple
    years ago and the venue turned us away…said he “didn’t make any money” which I find hard to believe..but to this day when people see me they ask about another one..

I’d say if your serious about Sins reach out to Boomer…worst he can say is no..

I know I’ll miss being in the old dirt parking lot the fist Saturday in June…

flatheadpete likes this.
  11. KevKo

KevKo
    from Motown

Tiki, it sounds like your club guys have moved on as well. Maybe it is inevitable. People change. But it seems like a lot of things that people felt were important before COVID took it away, realized it wasn't so important after all. So we are still searching for the new normal.

12. 31Apickup

31Apickup

It was a good show that I enjoyed going to, although the last one I attended was either 2012 or 2013 before moving out west.

13. fordcpe

fordcpe

This is sad it was a lot of fun.These are from 2011

Attached Files:

lo c dan likes this.
  14. fordcpe

fordcpe

more

Attached Files:

15. fordcpe

fordcpe

Again

Attached Files:

16. fordcpe

fordcpe

and

Attached Files:

17. fordcpe

fordcpe

more again

Attached Files:

18. fordcpe

fordcpe

_____

Attached Files:

19. fordcpe

fordcpe

==

Attached Files:

20. olskool34

olskool34

Been going to that show since it was BP back in ‘05 I think. Sad to see it go. Last couple of years it seemed like the Peckerheads C.C. were kinda handling things. All I wanted to do in ‘20 was take my coupe there that I always took, had the banger and I would always do a lap or two on the dirt track at the end of the show. I put a ‘36 LB flathead v-8 in it when we shut down for Covid and all I wanted to do was take it to that show. Bummer.

21. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think we could do an unofficial midnight mass. Let everyone know "...we're gonna be such n such at so n so's on XXX 13th..." and just show up. Hang out, tell dirty jokes and racing lies, no public disorder, and cruise in and out at will. Message it thru "our" community to keep it clean. Not a bunch of undisciplined kids in new junk, focus on kool shit like ours, no rigid rules, bring a friend or 3 with kool shit too. How hard can it be? Need a place to drive that old school but not HAMB friendly? Bring it. Who's getting excited about this already?

jim32 likes this.
  22. KevKo

KevKo
    from Motown

I think a permit would be needed for a pavilion, but there are a few spots on Hines that can hold a bunch of cars. And it is a sweet drive.

23. I’ve talked about this for years....few years ago the Road Devils did this with some “meet ups” those were pretty fun...I don’t think ya need a permit to gather...just a spot large enough to gather...hell drive down Telegraph near Taylor on a Friday or Saturday Summer night ...those folks aren’t giving up on cruising and enjoying their cars...lots of people still gathering...pick a spot...