Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Does anyone ever use 14" wheels/rims anymore?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Apr 7, 2022.

1. Mo rust

Mo rust

I run 15 and 14 inch Halibrand sweet swirls on my 34 Ford five window. I've got 14 inch wheels on a few other cars too. I definitely prefer a 14,15,16 inch wheel over the big goofy looking 20"+ wheels that some people apparently think look good. I've seen fad's like this come and go and I'll be glad to see this one go. 34coupe halibrands.jpg

Elcohaulic, ss34coupe and 2OLD2FAST like this.
  2. 32Dan

32Dan
    from Chino, CA

14” only ‘56

Attached Files:

Elcohaulic and Squablow like this.
  3. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring tx

I wont run 14s due to how hard getting tires is now.

Hell 15s are getting harder to get around here also.

I have 16s on all my stuff right now.

4. I am running 14s that are stock to the T Bird until the almost new tires wear out. Then my plan is to mount 15" mags... 20220408_112142.jpg

Elcohaulic likes this.
  5. ModelARon

ModelARon

I tried to replace the tires that came on my car, Polyglas GT F60-14 no luck finding them.
    I went with a 15" because there were more choices. IMG_6019.jpeg IMG_6018.jpeg IMG_6004.jpeg

Stock Racer likes this.
  6. the flatlander

the flatlander

US Royal 265/75 -15 ok on 6” 7” wheel

7. trevorsworth

trevorsworth
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have 14s on my OT car. Tires are a bitch. It's too bad because 14s with a lot of sidewall look great on most cars...

8. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

14s all around.

20211002_083044.jpg

9. Ugh...unilug....
    Had one tightened ---wiggle loose on a drive and the wheel went whizzing by...

10. Saturn V

Saturn V
    from Killen AL

Only thing I have with 14's on it is my car trailer! They was on it when I bought it. Went to buy a spare rim and tire for it.. no one local had one,,and didn't believe me when I told them.

11. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I feel the same way you do, Bud. IMHO, 14, 15, or 16 wheels look right at home on any hotrod/streetrod. These monsters used on trucks lifted into the stratosphere should stay on trucks. Now, hold on for the hate mail !

12. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Decades back, I used 14" Camaro rallies on the front ad Monte Carlo 15" rallies on the rear for the similar look. The year would have been '71 or '72.

13. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey, Bama, like the song kinda says, "These rods are made for drivin' ", or somethin' like that ! Don't let them there tires rot ! LOL

14. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

It wasn't by choice that they rotted. I had them on another car that got driven a lot, when I traded it for the Lincoln, I kept them for it. It took a year or so to get the Lincoln roadworthy, I had to pretty much replace everything, wiring, rear end, plumb the brakes, etc. I drove it then a couple of years before I started the motor/transmission swap, which took way longer than it should have. It sat the whole year of 2020 without being touched, with all the uncertainty that year I was scared to spend anything on it for fear that the Govt might shut my trucking job down. After that blew over for the most part, I jumped back on it full steam. By then, the tires were nearly 11 years old, and still had 50% tread, but were leaking down and had started cracking. On a side note, I just pulled 4-14" tires off my OT Ranger pickup and replaced them for the same reason, and they were only 8 years old.

With 5 vehicles in my fleet, and me driving the semi more than anything else, even rotating them out stuff gets outdated before it wears out.