Register now to get rid of these ads!

How ya got on the HAMB!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 53burb, Aug 22, 2006.

1. MTP

MTP

KCTA Chris clued me in and also dragged me (and my car) to the '04 and '05 Hamb drags...my old login (CSRE) seems to be dead so I am getting back in under MTP.. Hope to be back at the drags in '07

Chris Spies
    www.mtpturbo.com

2. B.Willie Kool

B.Willie Kool
    from Seattle

I went to Hot-Rod Oramma in Tacoma a few weeks ago, saw H.A.M.B. member Laurie's 37 PU with the Hudson grill. I surfed the net lookin' for pics and landed here.

3. tooslow54

tooslow54

Damn, I got double hit. I heard about it on OSR (sorry:D ) and then lurked. Saw Dante's plug in the HAMB-O-Dex and contacted him about some body work and he told me I should join. Really have to say Thanks to Ryan and all for the stuff I've learned and Thanks to Dante for convincing me to join. I've learned a ton since I've been here and been inspired to try things I would never have if left on my own.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it! :D

4. Oh I guess it all started when I got bad directions from a rabbit & made a wrong turn in Albuquerque! :eek: Gary 4T950 Chevy Guy

5. I got eliminated from the finals of the 2002 World Scrabble Championships by an opponent who used the term hamber and subsequently found the site when the committee denied my protest that it wasn't a real word. Crushed by my defeat, I had to prove it to myself, so I surfed on over. While checking the site out, an insidious virus lurking in the bowels of the HAMB server destroyed my browser's ability to vist other URLs and I have been here ever since.

Either that or I was Googling for flathead crap.

6. Saw about the HAMB Chop in CKD and have been around here ever since

7. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

Searching the net for information about Bumper Boyz.Found a thread on here and been hooked ever since.Dave

8. Gigantor

Gigantor

I was looking for tips on lowering my 65 Econoline and stumbled on an archived article about some guy showing off his pro-street Econoline pick-up. Some of you cats tore that poor bastard a new asshole! "What a fucking waste of money ..." etc.
    I was checking out the various rides that were being built and noticed this growing lump in the front of my pants and it just kind of clicked - "What the fuck do I want to build my old van for?"
    In a matter of days I spotted my new love, Bettie (50 Chevy Coupe) and after a little wheeling and dealing, I actually traded the van to the guy and brought her home. It wasn't a straight-across trade, but who in their right mind would trade a beat 50 chev for a solid econoline anyway?!

9. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I got here from a link on "The Big Blue Car", ages ago, HAMB 1.0 long ago.

10. the "eliterate"redneck

the "eliterate"redneck
    BANNED

i got a divorce and needed someone to argue with.....
    thanks u guys:D

11. GamblinAJ

GamblinAJ
    from Corona Ca

I believe Outlaw told me about it when I met him at Viva 5 or 6 years ago. My computer crashed and I moved had to change my screen name cause I couldnt remeber my password and couldn't get it because I had a new email addy.

12. highskool rodder

highskool rodder

my grandpa is retired and builds a car a year. I always go to all the local shows w/ him and heard him talking about the H.A.M.B. I love these kind of cars. Now i am going into my sophmore year in highschool and am building a 39 pickup up which we got from a guy for almost nothing. he had chopped about 5 inches out of it and now i am trying to peice it back together!

-zach

13. singledownloop

singledownloop

Choprods is to blame for me being here.I think he got tired of me asking so many questions so he turned me loose on you guys/gals...................

14. Prop Strike

Prop Strike

Met Roothawg on my first day of work at the worst place I ever worked. Got to talking about old cars and he told me about the HAMB. That was back around Jan 2000. Was known as bullitt for awhile then moved to a place where I didn't have internet. Lurked around from time to time and soaked up all the tech I could. Now I've got a garage my car will fit in and been back since about march this year. Get down with the sickness.

15. evilone0528

evilone0528

I was on another website that was bashing the HAMB,so I wondered over here to see what all the fuss was about.I have found that this place is more about "DOIN",than talkin about "DOIN".Now Im here for ever.....HAHAHA

16. Tiki God

Tiki God

Some one of a dutch forum placed a post there for me.
    Because I am building my car Tiki Hawaii style, and he posted that there was a post about Tiki rides here on the HAMB.
    and afther reading this forum for a while I decided to join.

But now I only must learn how to write English:) :)

17. Busted Knuckles

Busted Knuckles

I was out at Morosso raceway and saw a flyer in the pisser for a shoe box ford with a flatty . Came home and did a search o the web and it brought me right to the fer sale section of the HAMB .. Havent looked back since!

18. flyingpolock

flyingpolock
    from PHX

R&C... was it a Young Guns feature on Ryan? I believe it was... funny stuff, and from there I lurked... and lurked... and lurked...

19. Brewton

Brewton

My friend Merc told me about the site. I lurked for a long time, then decided I needed to jump in. Now I hopelessly hooked!

20. 30choptop

30choptop

Killer told me about the HAMB

21. A 31 MO FO

A 31 MO FO
    from D/FW

Dirty 2 showed me the light.

22. Split Bones

Split Bones

I had been out of Rodding for bout 25 yrs....but alway had the idea of a sort of T / A runabout/speedster...I was doing reserch on 1/4 eliptic front suspensions..and google keep throwing HAMB posts at me ....so after 6 months or so (yip ..im a bit slow) i decided to have a look at this HAMB site thing and see what else was on it .....I lurked for ages....as this place was just to damn good to take in ....if you could imagine the best site for trad rods and customs...i would doubt that you would come up with anything better than this place...for me it has been a Godsend

23. Talky

Talky
    from Calgary

My boss told me about the article on how to drop an axle ever since then ive been a daily visitor.

24. Eisenfaust

Eisenfaust
    BANNED

After 3 nearly sleepless nights with bad dreams and eerie voices in my head repeating over and over "HAMB- HAMB-HAMB " - I gorged myself to the point of being ill on ham. As I finished violently emptying the contents of my stomach, that weird voice in my head came back and said " No,you Dumbfuck- HAMB- the B's silent"- After that, the rest was pretty easy to figure out...

25. roaddevil

roaddevil

I like El Cab got here from the Big Blue Car Days back in the days where the front splash screen looked something like these

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

26. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

I stumbled across the HAMB when I was building my first 'real' hot rod, a '30 Model A Tudor. I lurked for about 2 yrs and finally joined up in '03.

27. greatbg

greatbg

Found this place last year while searching for info on suicide front ends. Thought to myself Damn this place rocks. I did the prerequisite lurk for a few months then joined up. I still feel a little guilty sometimes because I get so much more than I give here. Been working on cars for 20 years and I think I'm just now beginning to acquire some knowledge. Some of you guys really know your shit. Consider me a life time member of the HAMB school for hot rods.

Thanks

28. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

i was looking for pics of ness's 55' poncho shortly after aquiring mine and i talked to cole and he told me about the hamb and that i should be able to find some pics there...low and behold i did and much more

29. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

got here with a link from fordbarn can't remember who posted it ,but its been downhill from there haven't been back since!The answers anything I want to know are here plus a great bunch of folks.Like someone said earlier I HAVE to check the HAMB every spare second if i get up during the night I check it before going back to bed The HAMB bug bites really DEEP!

30. Gerg

Gerg

I was posting on CT about how i wanted to modify my car and Tony told me to come here. So it is all his fault that i have changed direction a million times and i have spent countless hours using the SEARCH button on here. I am on here everyday even if i dont' post much. There is too much knowledge i am trying to soak up.