Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 1959 edsel wagon rear window HELP

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Elcheckerd, Apr 14, 2022.

1. Elcheckerd

Elcheckerd

hey everyone. just bought a 1959 Edsel villager wagon and it's missing the rear glass window and I'm having a hell of a time trying to find one. I know the parts for this car was going to be hard to find but damn. does anyone know if there is a compatible window that will work from another year or knows anyone that has one? or am I S.O.L. any help thanks.

2. Pete Eastwood

Pete Eastwood
    from california

Should be the same as a 1959 Ford .

Mark Yac and Elcheckerd like this.
  3. marlinmustang

marlinmustang
    from Nanuet NY

Try Auto City Classic. They have alot of glass and I know they have 59 Ford that should work.

Elcheckerd and egads like this.
  4. squirrel

squirrel

According to my glass book, it is. And it's 59 only, and pretty hard to find for a Ford, also.

Spooky and Elcheckerd like this.

5. Elcheckerd

Elcheckerd

They I have looked at that website. They have everything but the rear window. I guess the search for the rear window will continue.

6. Where are you located? I may know where a 59 Ford wagon is sitting that might could be parted out.

Elcheckerd likes this.
  7. Those back windows always struck me as looking like a sedan front window from a '60's car. I wonder if anyone has ever tried something close? If you could borrow an original window, you could try making one from 5 mm acrylic sheet and a heat box.

Elcheckerd likes this.
  8. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Check the 59 Ford big window pickups.. Ford used the same wagon rear glass in them too.

Elcheckerd likes this.
  9. Call Stan the Ford man. He'll ship if he has one. Good guy to deal with. 360-687-1216 His Girl Friday is an answering machine. Be ready to leave him a good clear message

Spooky and Elcheckerd like this.
  10. Elcheckerd

Elcheckerd

Northern California

11. Look on eBay, set up a search and save it, check back once a week. Owens Salvage in Texas may have one, but those go fast. Talk to Jerry Miller, he's quite the '57 to '59 Ford guru.
    http://www.jerrysclassiccars.com/

Elcheckerd likes this.
  12. Elcheckerd

Elcheckerd

Sweet thank you guys for all the help and ideas. I think I found a lead on a window holding my breath just hoping it comes out to be real.

bobss396 and Horror Business like this.
  13. I've seen complete upper tail gate sections before on eBay, so they are out there.

14. Be sitting down if they quote you a price. I didn't see a rear glass for a 66 Bel Air wagon either, I used their form and heard back from them, thought 1k was a little steep for a single piece of glass, and add on shipping also which ain't cheap. Glad you may have found a lead.

15. Odd glass for anything other than a 2-door is a challenge. Just about nobody makes new station wagon glass for the tailgate or sides, especially curved pieces. Most vintage new glass is made off shore, I decoded the point of origin for my windshield... a country I had never heard of before.

16. Elcheckerd

Elcheckerd

Update. Still haven't found a window but still looking but now looking at the bigger picture looks like am going to have to find the whole setup with frame because they don't make the weather striping for a 59 rear window. It looks like am starting to be SOL. on this. Or I need to find a edsel grave yard and hope I find something.

17. Elcheckerd

Elcheckerd

bobss396 likes this.
  18. Looks like Desert Valley Auto Parts has wagons in inventory and found this one... 59ed2026d-1.jpg

19. You probably have to get like two 57-58 Ford wagon seals and get crafty to make your own seal.

Elcheckerd and bobss396 like this.
  20. Elcheckerd

Elcheckerd

I checked on that esdsel but they are only selling the whole wagon. They are not parting it out. The search it still on

milwscruffy likes this.
  21. Spooky

Spooky

L and L classics in Wendell, Id has one listed. 208-536-6607

Elcheckerd and Pist-n-Broke like this.
  22. junkman8888

junkman8888

www.edsel.com

edsel club. com

edsel.net

Also, you might try Easy Jack and Son, Junction City Kansas.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2022
    Elcheckerd likes this.
  23. Also there are about 4-5 59 Ford wagon tailgates on eBay right now. Maybe use the ask the seller function and see if they have an intact LIFT gate.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2022
    Elcheckerd and bobss396 like this.
  24. Elcheckerd

Elcheckerd

Update . Super stoked was able to find the rear window. At a reasonable price. Thank you all for your help.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2022
    302GMC, bobss396, squirrel and 2 others like this.
  25. One was on Facebook yesterday for $50.00 and looked in good shape. Glad you found one.