Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2022 Portland Transmission Show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Taboo56Chevy, Apr 26, 2022.

1. Portland_Tranny.jpg

With Portland Transmission not to far off. I can actually finally go and bring something to the show. Showed up late last time they held it. I know some hambers go yearly so I had a couple questions about the event.

What time is best for getting out there, I have heard through the grapevine of like 4;30-5 am in the morning and since its the first one in 2 years I have a feeling its going to be big.

The secondly where do you actually come into it at? I know it takes up alot of the blocks around the main building on 11th and Clay, is there a certain road you need to enter on?

Who all is planning on going? Ill probably be just bringing the OT C10 I built a year ago.

chryslerfan55, Spooky and 41 GMC K-18 like this.
  2. jaracer

jaracer

When I go I usually get there around 8:00 -9:00 AM and have to park quite a bit away. However, I get to look at a lot of cars as I walk to the transmission shop. In the afternoon we used to go out towards Forest Grove to see Papa's Toys, but I don't think that's a think any more.

chryslerfan55 and Spooky like this.
  3. yeah Papa's toys was why I never went to Portland Transmission. I went to that every year as I went to high school and was good friends with one of the family that owned the collection. The collection is now mostly gone and that building has been rented out for warehousing.

Hence why I figured I would go all in on Portland this year.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  4. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

5. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Long range Iphone weather app says 61 and sunny on Saturday the 7th in Portland.

Hotrodmyk and Taboo56Chevy like this.
  6. Yeah I have been watching the weather closely, kinda determines what car I clean up and put gas in on Friday.

Bandit Billy likes this.
  7. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Eggsactly! I plan to be there. Always a good time!

Spooky and Taboo56Chevy like this.
  8. Spooky

Spooky

Curses!!!
    I was planning on driving my '59 Edsel Stranger but will be outta town!

9. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

Looking forward to this event.

ironandsteele.com​

Taboo56Chevy likes this.
  10. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

I have been going since '97, think I have only missed one. Absolutely the best event in our area. We will be bringing a running Belly Tank, and other open wheel vintage race vehicles. See you there !

Taboo56Chevy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  11. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

I've been going for too long to remember. We get there between 5:30-6:00 and get parked right outside the main lot. Never want to get directed into the main lot as you're stuck there for the duration if you do. Even if there's room in the lot I refuse to park in it.
    I'll be there rain or shine.

Taboo56Chevy and chryslerfan55 like this.

12. Ha Ha Ha!! Billy, you are soooo naive to believe a forecast in this area, especially a long range forecast! If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a weather prognosticator in the Pacific Northwest... What other profession can you screw up 360 days of the year, and get called a hero for the 5 days you get it right?? I've never been to this event (the only thing I would get up early enough to be there at 5:30 or 6:00 would be the birth of a child), but I've heard it's great! I hope Billy's app is correct for all you hoodlums!

13. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The one thing I learned from the movie Shashank Redemption other than being a banker comes in handy is that you must have hope.

However my hope is starting to turn to doubt as this morning's app is not as sunny for the 7th. Now 40% chance of rain. Seriously, it is like Noah's ark around here until summer. Wednesday looks good for golf though.
    upload_2022-4-29_10-22-51.png

chryslerfan55 and '28phonebooth like this.
  14. jaracer

jaracer

How to forecast weather in Portland:

If you see Mt Hood, that means it is going to rain. If you can't see Mt Hood, that means it is raining.

uncle buck, X-cpe, SR100 and 2 others like this.
  15. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

And you call yourselves PNW's!

upload_2022-4-29_11-53-5.png

fauj and chryslerfan55 like this.
  16. ANY day is a good day for golf, just like ANY day is a good day for a car show! It's just that in the PNW, you have to acquire a taste for moss-covered hot rods!

chryslerfan55 and Bandit Billy like this.
  17. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Golf in the rain is fine as long as you have a lid on your drink. Same is true of car shows but you need a lid on your car as well.

chryslerfan55, '28phonebooth and fauj like this.
  18. Almostdone

Almostdone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I’m not available that day, but just added a reminder to my calendar for next year. Thanks for the info!.

John

19. Soo, is this to that you guys are umm, gearing up for this shindig? Hmm?

20. Hey Billy, do you think the rest of the world realizes the kind of patina we have in the PNW..... MOSS!!!!
    Pack your drink in a flask and hire awning girls for your ride!

Bandit Billy likes this.
  21. HemiDave

HemiDave
    from Austin, TX

I'll be there! Maybe around 7am or so. If you see a guy wearing a Grey Mooneyes hoodie, say hi!

Dave

22. redo32

redo32

Where's the pictures? I couldn't make it this year.

23. BJR

BJR

How many transmissions do you look at before it gets boring?:p

24. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

I heard from friends they got a couple hundred cars. That's way down from nice days where it gets near 1000 cars. I've had a stomach flu for almost 3 weeks, and was just beginning to feel normal Friday before the show, so I passed on going. Sure wished I had felt better as I'd go even in the rain.