Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical jersey.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TNDoug, Apr 25, 2022.

1. TNDoug

TNDoug
    from tennessee

I contacted Future Chrome to inquire about the process. A guy named "James" called me for a followup. I checked reviews (mostly negative), and considering that I'm an old guy, decided not to go that route. James sent me this text back: "You're a real piece of s..t". You can fill in the dots. Heads up folks, this guy is a jerk.

2. Seems like there must be more to this story. Did you say anything to piss the guy off like this?

brady1929 and alanp561 like this.
  3. "inquire about the process" is a little vague. Getting the work done or buying the equipment to do it? This spray on chrome process has been around for some time. I am with Don, more to the story here...

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. TNDoug

TNDoug
    from tennessee

Sadly, there isn't any more to the story. On Friday I filled out an inquiry firm. Got contacted later in the day. I talked with "James" about the cost and process. It's $7500.00 for the start up kit. I've had my shop for 40+ years and was looking for something a little easier than full restorations. He called me this morning and I told him that I wasn't interested. 57 minutes later he sent me the text. That's the story. Nothing more than that. Period.

5. catdad49

catdad49

May be the reason for the negative reviews.

6. ...........Sounds like a real class act there at Future Chrome.:rolleyes:

SS327, brady1929 and Budget36 like this.
  7. Website says their in Ronkonkoma, New York.

brady1929 likes this.
  8. Well then, shame on them...

Budget36 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  9. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

I suppose if a few, or more than a few, folks on here had time on their hands, they could contact FC, maybe get "James", see if the same thing happens. & report back on here. If it does, then send FC a link, & point out that the HAMB has a decent following, shows up in search engines, & FC will be amply rewarded in kind for their attitude.
    :D .
    Marcus...

10. Budget36

Budget36

I’d have replied to the text with “kisses” then blocked the number.
    Some feel if you take up 3 minutes of their time, you owe them.
    I guess the reviews you mentioned are a pretty good indication of what would come if you proceeded.

11. ......Excellent idea.

brady1929, VANDENPLAS and Budget36 like this.
  12. Budget36

Budget36

Then we all get a text ;)

lothiandon1940 and VANDENPLAS like this.
  13. I see this a lot in my industry .

a lot of “ grey market stuff” and 2nd line stuff trying to be sold .

they get you with low upfront costs , great markup or profits etc .

which , possibly , maybe, somehow , might be true .

there product can even be great .

But there is 0 after sales support by them or product support .

they essentially have a plan to try and flood the market with there product , hopefully be ahead of the negative reviews , cash in as much as they possibly can in a certain timeframe until the house of cards collapses around them and they can run off with there profits to do it all over again.
    Either with the same product rebranded or with a new product .

it sucks when you are an actual startup or have a new product your trying to get to market and need to deal with these types of companies.

At work any time we think about taking on a new line I want to see the product at there facility and see what they are all about.

Actually going through this right now with a “well know name brand “ of cleaning products ( floor sweeper / scrubbers pressure washers etc .. There aftersales support is complete garbage . And the company is a world wide player in this market .

we also took on an ice resurface machine ( Zamboni type thing ) out of Italy .
    Unbelievable the tech and parts support we get from them . Absolutely great company to deal with .

In this day and age with internet reviews it’s easy to spot the Shylocks and scammers .

14. I pass the street its on about once a week. The process looks interesting, are there other distributors for it?

15. ...Not sure about that.

16. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

When you first talked to him, how much of his time did you spend discussing the process? When you told him you weren't interested, just how did you say it? I can only assume he either was put out because he spent a lot of time on a no-sale, or there was something in the way you said you weren't interested that set him off.

Maybe he was already having a hard day...his car broke down, his dog died, or who knows what. That's still not a justification for his text, but just trying to put things in context.

17. Tow Truck Tom

Tow Truck Tom
    from Clayton DE

All due respect to those who want to rationalize or forgive. Bad behavior is a red flag. Ignoring a red flag always, I say always, bites your ass ( in this case yer back pocket ) later.

Caveat emptor

bobss396 and VANDENPLAS like this.