Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Close to Staunton Illinois

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Montechris, Apr 24, 2022.

1. Montechris

Montechris

Is anyone close to Staunton Illinois with some ford V8 experience willing to look at a 39 ford for a couple bucks?

does anyone have experience with country classic cars?

thanks,
    Chris

2. ahshoe

ahshoe

Now I am making some popcorn...This ought to be a good one.

3. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

4. larry k

larry k

Whatever you are thinking about doing at classic cars in Staunton I’ll ,,,DON’T !!!!

5. kb cookout

kb cookout

6. Montechris

Montechris

Sounds like I got my answer, thanks everyone!

wandi harry likes this.
  7. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I am suprised they are still in business,one needs to really know what they are looking at to buy from places like that and from what I have heard they do not allow test drives and since the vehicles have probably been sitting a long time expect to have to go through them before driving. I also heard they are stored very close togather so getting a good look might be impossible.

Truckdoctor Andy and 427 sleeper like this.
  8. Pat Thompson

Pat Thompson

They are stored bumper touching bumper in one of several unheated tin sheds. I WENT WITHA GUY TO LOOK AT ONE AND THEY HAD TO PULL, WITH A 4 WHHELER, TWO CARS OUT AND THEN CRAWL OVER THE ONE HE WANTED TO HOOK UP A BATTERY PACK TO IT SO THEY COULD START IT. They would only let him drive it around the gravel roads between the buildings.

9. jaracer

jaracer

I've been there a few times to see what they had. The cars range from rough (ones stored outside) to not too bad, even to pretty nice. I definitely wouldn't buy from them without examining the vehicle, but I wouldn't ever buy an old car sight unseen. I did think they were pretty pricey on what they had.

Truckdoctor Andy likes this.
  10. cornfield county

cornfield county
    from Indiana

Its a consignment operation from what I've heard. Lots of crap, some good stuff. Be VERY careful dealing with them. You probably will not get to talk to the actual owner of the car.

11. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

I’m about 40 minutes away and might be willing to go look for you but 99.9% chance it’s worth about 1/2 what the asking price is.

12. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

What is it anyways? Would you be interested in a 37 Coupe? Super original running car?

13. I drove 20 hours with trailer in tow to look at a 64 Ranchero they guaranteed over the phone was rust free and absolutely worth the trip. When I got there, the car was skulpted from bondo. The craftsman could have carved the bondo into the shape of a Corvette. They just happened to stop at roughly the shape of a Ranchero. It was an outside car. Oh yeah, and apparently having floors in a car is unnecessary. I wouldn't touch the place.

41 GMC K-18 likes this.
  14. Josh Laurent

Josh Laurent

Wanted to follow up on this thread. Country Classic Cars was bought out by me last month (beginning of August 2022) and the previous owners are no longer involved in the business. I have been reviewing any/all consumers issues and feedback that they have had in the past and am making effort to reach out to each of you to inform you of the ownership change and to let everyone know that changes are coming.

A lot of things are going to be changing with the dealership over the next 12-24 months and I cannot say we will be perfect, but we will be overhauling this business, its presentation, processes, and practices in their entirety. It will take a lot of time to get this business where it needs to be, so I do appreciate patience (I want to see it changed overnight as well). I can tell you that I have been in the dealership 7 days a week between 12-15 hours a day working on this place and hopefully I can earn the right to ask for your consideration in business at some point in the future.

If you did have an issue under the previous ownership or even general feedback for me, please email me directly at [email protected] and give me a chance to help. I have no control over what the previous owners are willing to do, but I am very much willing to assist you in facilitating a resolution between you and the previous owners and making this dealership a great place to do business again in the future.

Thanks,
    Josh

egads, SS327, slayer and 2 others like this.
  15. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

"You never get a second chance, to make a first impression"
    Here is hoping that you can turn things around and gain the trust and confidence of those that had a negative experience with the past owners!

Last edited: Sep 3, 2022
  16. 1ton

1ton

Josh, that's good news for you and us too. You need to spread the word, advertise the shit out of the fact that it's under new ownership. That place has had a bad rap for years. It will take a lot to undo what's been done there. Maybe start out with a Hamb or Fordbarn special deal of the month. Get some positive feedback going