Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration How many times did Mr John Law scold you for no bumper?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tow Truck Tom, Apr 23, 2022.

1. low down A

low down A

one of those threads that should come with the warning DANGER ENTER WITH HIP WADERS

wvenfield likes this.
  2. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

He ever tell you what the max height was? I had MDV statue book and I swear I read something like 54", maybe it was 34.. I bet he didn't know..:rolleyes:

Last edited: Apr 24, 2022
  3. wvenfield

wvenfield

I don't have a bumper now. I've not been pulled over. I don't have windshield wipers.......I've not been pulled over.

4. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

I didn't have a bumper in '76 but got yelled at for opening the tilt nose at the Dunkins once for "'attracting a crowd."'o_O

Attached Files:

5. Never knew of a law about bumpers in South Carolina or any local states, O had a '54 Ford without a bumper and several hot rods lacking bumpers. HRP

6. When I was into VW's, it was all the time, too low, no bumpers, no wipers, exhaust too low, headlights too low, no front plate, etc...Since i've been driving a Hotrod, I don't get hassled for anything. And, my Coupe is loud as hell, with red tint on the windows!!!

7. 55blacktie

55blacktie

Years ago, I was driving a company truck/w heavy-duty rear bumper and tow claw. I had to stop on the freeway off-ramp momentarily to safely merge into traffic. There was a 65/66 red Mustang convertible directly behind me; it had just been restored, and the owner's wife was on her way to the airport to pick up her husband and surprise him with the car. Unfortunately, an elderly driver rear-ended the Mustang, pushing it into the truck. Although no one was hurt, the Mustang was crunched pretty badly on both ends, even causing the rear quarter panels to buckle. The elderly driver claimed he was distracted while reaching down to pick up his cane. My point is that the Mustang's bumpers did little, if anything, to protect the car.