Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Anyone Hear From Loudbang lately?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Speed Gems, Apr 24, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

I just seen the post about @squirrel (Jim Forbes) and got to thinking, he @loudbang usually "likes" all my posts and hasn't been. I haven't heard from him lately.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2022
  2. I looked at his profile,,,he was here at around 0400 this morning .
    You’re right though,,,he is usually adding a lot of likes to post here .
    I like Loudbang,,,,,,,very mysterious guy,,,,,probably a spook for the agency !
    Lol .

Tommy

3. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

@Desoto291Hemi your right, I forgot to check his profile. :rolleyes: Looks like he was on at 4:08 AM this morning. Being it's Sunday he's probably at church already, or praying to the porcelain god, :D or he's out in the shop working already like all good H.A.M.B.er's should be.

4. Loudbang was/is a badass. I think he got tired of his shit being deleted.

5. Brian Penrod

Brian Penrod

Loudbang and a few others are the reason I check this site daily. Their searches on the net and adding the pictures and info here to all of the drag racing threads is absolutely amazing. Keep up the awesome work guys. The Altered thread is my favorite.

6. Lol,,,,,where he lives,,,,it is a much different time zone,,,,,exotic scenery,,,beautiful people .
    Lots of intrigue ,,,,LoL,,,just kidding,,,,,,or maybe not .

Tommy

7. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

@Desoto291Hemi I was just looking up his location and it's a taco restaurant in Deer Park, NY.:D
    upload_2022-4-24_7-52-19.png

8. Loudbang is a freakin' legend in my book.

9. loudbang

loudbang

I'm around but checking into the "lurkers lounge". Myself and another member were told "maybe you don't belong on the Hamb" when I reached out for some advice on judging wheel size from a photograph, and he posted something about zingers.

So it doesn't take a 2x4 up side my head to realize my efforts are no longer wanted.

I will be just reading (can't get banned that way LOL.) I may post something in threads or posts that catch my interest, but infrequently.

This first site I have been on that discourages members from continuing on.

fauj, egads, 42merc and 44 others like this.
  10. studebakerjoe

studebakerjoe

@loudbang many of us will be awaiting those posts.

11. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

Loudbang, funny that is the first person to come to my mind as well.

Thank you for all your efforts to keep us entertained and informed over the years. Your threads were killer my friend.

Charlie K, akoutlaw, RMR&C and 4 others like this.
  12. @loudbang, sorry you were treated that way. The majority of the members here DO value your posts.
    Yep, there are some here that take this place and themselves way too seriously. My "ignore" list is full of them....

fauj, wandi harry, Gasser 57 and 14 others like this.
  13. ebfabman

ebfabman

Completely understood.

14. @loudbang keep those "likes" coming. It keeps the trouble down and lets us know you are still out there.

15. Rodsports

Rodsports

Loudbang, don’t let the bastards get to you and please don’t become a ‘sometimes’ contributor to the HAMB - we will be worse off for it if you do.
    Rodsports.

16. Brian Penrod

Brian Penrod

Please don't let the doucebags and idiots run you off. I've been told that this may not be the place for me also. I just laugh at the dumb f--ks, and there are quite a few here, as with every site. Please don't stop posting, your contributions are greatly appreciated by a bunch of us!

wandi harry, akoutlaw, RMR&C and 6 others like this.
  17. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Rest assured you will NEVER be on my ignore list.

18. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think @loudbang has always made some great contributions to this website, so it kind of bums me out, that there has been some negative energy put forth to him, from whom ever, that would discourage him, from participating in the manner he has!

This website is a great crossroads where, a lot of great and interesting people and personality's intersect and exchange information, experience, humor, satire, personal opinions, a wealth of technical knowledge, historical photographs, automotive artistic expression, and a huge set of other category's, that other websites don't offer!

So I encourage Loudbang to consider the element of
    " Positive wins over negative " every single time!

Hang in there and keep posting and contributing just like you always have, because loudbang's contributions, are dam well worth the effort to read, and observe, and hit the like button !

ca-bilibin_koshchey-the-deathless (2).jpg
    Credit to the artist who inspired this.

IMHO,
    Your mileage may vary!
    Thanks from Dennis.

fauj, Charlie K, akoutlaw and 10 others like this.
  19. Ditto to what everybody said; don't let the bastards grind you down.

4274SPEED, akoutlaw, RMR&C and 6 others like this.
  20. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Loud bang, get your ass back on here and start contributing.
    Don’t let one or even a few personalities keep you from doing what you enjoy. We miss you. PJ

fauj, 4274SPEED, akoutlaw and 6 others like this.
  21. Tow Truck Tom

Tow Truck Tom
    from Clayton DE

A strong reason I turned to cars in my youth was due to judgement that jocks delivered to me for my lack of ability. Having one working eye left me lost on the field. My comfort was in the garage.
    Later when I could drive, I put the world behind. Down the road I go.
    That's all over now. My ability to memorize the eye chart won't fool computer testing.
    After lurking for 10 years I found ( after my wife got me in - always failed the bot test ) likes for comments. LOUDBANG made my days. The idea of being a Lone Wolf is fading. Thank you.

Thanks to all who make this possible. The wise guys have to see themselves in the mirror. My mirror don't show what they see. I refer to my signature.

fauj, wandi harry, akoutlaw and 7 others like this.
  22. twenty8

twenty8

Dust yourself off and get back in the saddle, man. You don't strike me as the type to shy away in the "lurker's lounge".
    That's why we like you.......... Now don't make me come find you with a 2x4.:rolleyes:

And, a bit of a heads-up guys before things get rowdy. I think it may have been a moderator that was involved.
    Not judging, just saying..............

23. loudbang

loudbang

Thanks for the support from everybody but let's not make this into a thread that will get me banned ;)

24. Flathead Freddie

Flathead Freddie

There is a mudpuddler in everything in life I had recently joined an online Texaco Memorabilia Club and everyone loved my features for about a week then along came a mudpuddler and I shut it down it destroyed my creativity so deleted myself the club

25. goldmountain

goldmountain

For the most part, this is a mutual admiration society here.

26. Used to be a girl in my high school with the same name. I never understood why .....

Bandit Billy, RICH B, Sky Six and 4 others like this.
  27. Loudbang, I am an "outlier" as well. Can't stand fords. Perhaps that is one of the reasons your posts always catch my eye. Never fail to read any I see.

Ben

VANDENPLAS and 41 GMC K-18 like this.
  28. 210superair

210superair
    from Michigan

Also appreciate your posts often LB. This site can be funny.

Some Hamb members: social media is stupid.

Also some hamb members: look how many likes I have racked up!

Lol.

Man they can ban me, I don't care. This is for killing down time for me and little else. I enjoy the members input on here that I enjoy, but there's plenty of the other side of the coin as well... Those handful of guys are what keeps me here.

29. twenty8

twenty8

You may have been the only one that never found out...........:D

30. Some people take the internet way to seriously.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.