Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hi, New Guy here!

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Anthony Nigg, Apr 18, 2022.

1. Anthony Nigg

Anthony Nigg

Hi

I just bought a 1957 Ford two door wagon and now what I am going to do with it?
    I bought a running car and it has a ten foot paint job on it. I just wanted something that I can drive now.
    The guy I brought from, the owner son in-law, didn't know anything about it.
    So I am hoping this is the place to ask all my dumb questions and hope some will take pity on me and help me figure out want I have. I started a note book on what I have learned so far.
    It was built by someone other than the guy I brought from. I don't think the last owner was much of a mechanic, lots of poor fixes, mostly wiring. Thats not a big problem, I have worked on building equipment for years which was mostly wiring.
    So this is what I have learned so far. It was built in San Jose in 1957 so it never was out of California, is my guess. The 312 was replaced with a 302 Windsor, don't know what year but I think it around 1985. It is Running poorly, I think it has old gas in it. I have replaced the plugs and wires and added an inline filter. This coming weekend I am running some B-12 tank and fuel line cleaner in it. The steering is rack and pinon and it has disk brakes with drums in the rear. All the doors have poppers, no door handles, which I am not in love with. I found that everyone knows were the secret button is, I will be relocating it.
    Today I found out it has a steering colum from a newer car, what I car I don't know!
    Looks out of place and it still has the wiper stem which isn't hooked up.
    I guest should talk about me a little, I am 66 years old and still married to my high school sweetheart. I have two grown kids, a son and daughter they are in their late 30s.
    I live in Northern California the Bay area. Also I am still big kid at heart, I love building model cars in my spare time.

Tony

beegator and lothiandon1940 like this.
  2. Welcome to the HAMB from Illinois.

Get it dependable, clean it up and enjoy it.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

Welcome from the hills of southeastern Ohio!

4. Welcome. Sounds like a great project.

5. B Bay Barn

B Bay Barn

6. Welcome from the great white north. You will get lots of input regarding your car and can scratch your model building itch here too, check out the antiquated section. Things go better here with pictures, so you better figure that out.

7. Greeting(s) to the party . . .

8. Anthony Nigg

Anthony Nigg

Thanks All for your kind welcome.
    I tried to load the pic's of the 57 and they were all upside down.
    My apple computer likes to add images from the desk top not the file.
    So here it is, I had just washed it . So she looking her best. IMG_1721.jpeg IMG_1722.jpeg IMG_1723.jpeg

9. beegator

beegator

Welcome to HAMB from St Augustine, FL. :)