Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Worth it? 1929 body shell/frame $4000

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ThisOneGoesTo11, Apr 17, 2022.

1. This one is a bargain for $1,000 bucks. :D HRP

199860314_299707191814409_8898416813944351418_n.jpg

gnichols, X-cpe, VANDENPLAS and 2 others like this.
  2. greener200

greener200

Guys Guys Guys ...He's in Pennsylvania !
    Looks like something we find up here all the time ....And That's "Good".;)

3. Sky Six

Sky Six
    from Arizona

That was hilarious !:)

4. Thanks to all for great comments, made my Easter. OK : HRP if I can get this "drove when parked, clear title" car below, plus what you posted just now I may have a project. Funny: the front bumper on the Sponge Bob Bonneville surf wagon is still in better shape than some of what I've been seeing this week.

Seriously, though I realize any field scrap offered today is a waste of time, get a survivor banger for $10-12K and start there, or get Brookefield parts to put on a real solid shell, which rules out most stuff up here in Penn-salt-vania.

[​IMG]

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  5. Maybe he got a little heavy on the keyboard, adding an extra zero..only logical reason for the asking price of $4K.

6. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Rear drivers side door inner panel is in remarkable condition too.

7. Squablow

Squablow

Price seems quite high, and I question the wording

"frame with title for serial number stamped on frame"

Did you write that, or is that a cut and paste from an ad? Seems like grammatically, it should read "Frame with serial numbers stamped on frame for title", as in the guy is advertising that it has numbers on the frame to use to get a title, not that it actually has a title.

Being in that tough of shape, $1000 to $1500 seems way more legitimate, and even then you'll be putting a lot of work in to make it into something. The average member of the HAMB lowballers club who still thinks its 2002 will offer half of that or less.

But also I want to point out, that offering up pricing examples for sedans and replica bodies are really not helpful, as they are an "apples and oranges" type comparison. Coupes will always bring a premium over sedans, and some builders (myself included) wouldn't even consider a replica body, even if it is steel.

If you're going to post up examples to compare prices, they need to be original bodies, and coupes. The other examples aren't helpful.

8. goldmountain

goldmountain

I just came across the bill of sale for my '34 Austin project. Paid $3200 for it. That's the most I have ever paid. Was it worth it? This is not a practical hobby.

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  9. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's just cause for an out of state road trip pulling a trailer big enough to stick a Model A on .

Around here you can often find pretty decent stock Model A Fords that run and drive for about the same price as someone wants for a roached out hulk or a rat rod. Example here that may or may not still be for sale but at 11K it isn't a bad deal at all from the looks of things https://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/cto/d/tualatin-1931-ford-model-tudor-classic/7460540330.html

This is the little RP that shows up on the front of my Hotrod A Rama album. Not fancy but a damned nice start on a little hot rod with a flathead that you can drive as is. https://yakima.craigslist.org/cto/d/tieton-1929-model/7470559017.html 16,500

10. Well, Model A's are out... Cannot fit into one at all. 6'-03" 255 lbs and wide shoulders, I take up much of the interior including 1/2 the passenger side. Cannot slide legs under the steering wheel at all. (I looked him up, Paul Le Mat is 5' 11".) Even with a tiny wheel or tilt I don't see it. I have to duck to look out the windshield.

This is what got me out of OT Z cars, future Mrs got tired of getting bopped on the left shoulder 20 times in a five mile drive. Looked at a 1964 Olds cutlass - I remembered them bigger, that's why I got out of OT 5.0 Mustangs about 15 years ago. Very cramped on the inside. This is why I hate air travel. This is why I hate clothes shopping. heh heh.

So, back to the 1950's. 100% Restoring the 55 is not practical, so this will become a 1972 street racer if I get that. Procar seats, chrome reverse wheels, two tone paint job, OT Olds engine, probably a 394 or 400...if it becomes and LS1 I won't talk about that. No fake gasser though. Stay tuned: I'll talk to the owner in a couple of days...

11. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hillarious stuff you knuckle busters
    ......Anyone can ask what they want and anyone can pay what they want...thats what a free market is.....

12. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Run Forest, run.:cool:

13. What $4,000 buys in the 1960's mid size category . Flo-through floorboard ventilation.

upload_2022-4-18_21-53-55.jpeg

14. Sold probably to a 6 footer or less $12,500

[​IMG]

15. spudshaft

spudshaft

I like this one, depending what’s under the paint. I think you’d be wise to find something somewhere like in the midlands of SC or middle/lower GA and go get it. I think less rust would make it worth the trouble.