Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Worth it? 1929 body shell/frame $4000

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ThisOneGoesTo11, Apr 17, 2022.

1. Hello

rusty doors, shell, cowl frame with title for serial number stamped on frame...
    Have: No clue on Model A's thanks

[​IMG]

2. squirrel

squirrel

see the "What the heck happened to asking prices??????!!!!!" thread

3. Phil P

Phil P
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It seems like a lot of money, but it got a TITLE.

Phil

Gasser 57 and VANDENPLAS like this.
  4. wvenfield

wvenfield

To me? No but having a title certainly does help.

VANDENPLAS likes this.

5. Beginning to think old cars have passed me by unless I pay to play. Back in 1981 I was a gas pump jockey $3.65/hr....two 1969 Z28s would stop in both for sale. One black, tired and blue smoke spewing , $2500. About $8000 today. Too much for my pay level. Other one, dark green ,nicer $5000, $16,000 today. I told myself " someday.... " well that day is today or maybe never....I'm 60 and still working, will I still have the energy at 70? And what will a rod cost then, will ICE cars only be allowed to be driven on Sundays? Or upgrade the parklane with a 445 kit and AOD, fix the AC polish my fake torque thrusts and be done with it....

raven, squirrel and Robert J. Palmer like this.
  6. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

Definitely not to me, but that's just my opinion. To each their own.

Flathead Dave likes this.
  7. The title matching the frame has value .

$4 grand ? I’m not seeing it . Up here that would sell for roughly 1/2 that asking price , give or take 500 bucks in either direction depending on who was looking at that given time , realistically less, a lot less .

WalkerMD and 5window like this.
  8. One more, I've contacted the seller about title/serial number for this $15,000 Tall T looks alot farther along...

[​IMG]

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  9. IT HAS A TITLE !

Worth 4K mmmm NOT...

Seller can ask all he wants but cash talks BS walks... $1000-1500 because of paper work worth that

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  10. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

The story of my life! Seems like everything I ever wanted real bad was always above my pay grade. That's why it took me over 30 years to get a pre 1948 vehicle at a decent price that I could actually do something with and not a bunch of parts and not enough skills {or money} to put together. The old car hobby isn't cheap, you pay what you are able and make the best of it.

WalkerMD likes this.
  11. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Worth less than half that here in Kansas. Getting a title here for a vehicle that old is less than one Benjamin.

low down A and WalkerMD like this.
  12. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

Looks like $1500 to the right guy to me...

$4k buys quite a bit more car than that in the Model A world, title or not. And a little more money gets one that is together, running and driving, etc. if you're patient.

ironandsteele.com​

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  13. I'm with the rest of the crowd, it's too much.

Remember Ford built over 5 million Model A's, the title is a plus but you can find a better project for 4 grand. HRP

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  14. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The body is completely rusted through at the top of the quarter. Considering that folks selling things usually take pictures of the "good side", I don't think the body adds a thing. Value will depend greatly on how difficult it is to get a title in your state.

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  15. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

16. goldmountain

goldmountain

You still need a bunch more parts after that $4000.

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  17. MCjim

MCjim
    from soCal

Hell no.

WalkerMD likes this.
  18. banjeaux bob

banjeaux bob
    from alaska

19. hemihotrod66

hemihotrod66

I really find it hard to believe what people are paying for scrap these days but I guess for the most part all the good stuff is gone.... Work with what you have.....

20. The value is what someone will pay. Prices change all throughout the country so location plays into it also.

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  21. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

I recently sold a running early A frame, 2K, and I tossed in quite a few un-needed parts. No body. No title. But compared to what you posted, my A chassis looked like it was from a Rolls Royce.

22. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Lots of complete, running A's with title around $8000 on FB Model A - Buy Sale, or Trade forum.

kevinrevin, WalkerMD and VANDENPLAS like this.
  23. atch

atch

If I'm selling: sure

If I'm buying: no way

raven, WalkerMD and VANDENPLAS like this.
  24. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

Bill of sale.

25. kb cookout

kb cookout

26. Hollywood-East

Hollywood-East

You'll be able to "circle back" on that one next year at that price, It'll most definitely be there!!

27. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Good God no. A Model A is titled with the engine number, not the body number, and a Model A title can be had for a couple hundred bucks. What I see in that photo looks like the title is the only thing of value, the cowl is worth a couple hundred, the sub rails might be worth saving, the quarters are junk. $500 tops, and only if you had another Model A body you need a cowl, title and sub rails for.

28. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

No on both the A and T. You can do much better on both examples with 4k and 15k. Unless a PA title is as tough as CA, you're equipped to do all the bodywork yourself (and love doing it) and the price is below 2k.

Comparatively speaking, with roughly 4k here's what you can get NEW from Brookville in 28/29 (roadster) body parts;
    • pair doors ($1200)
    • pair quarter panels ($1600)
    • deck lid ($650)
    • above & below deck lid panels ($350)
    Your a sub frame and cowl away from a complete body. Order a set of 32 rails, 32 grille shell & insert and you're ready to start building your chassis...

Last edited: Apr 17, 2022
  29. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There's one in the Cars for Sale classifieds on here that's one of the better deals I've seen. '29 Brookville roadster on '32 frame for $5500. Belongs to @cruisin32ford. If I wasn't so far into my '27 T build I'd jump on it.

30. I have a pile of A parts in my back yard for
    $20.00