Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Mechanical fuel injection question.....

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by 6sally6, Apr 6, 2022.

1. That the Key Barrel Val spool shape/grind , Can you share or have a pice of the Ramp on spool ?
    I never used a Hillborn Barrel Valve, is it like a Enderle ( spool) I always used the K style barrel valve with 16-24 nozzles[/QUOTE]

The Hilborn barrel valve ramp needs to be tailored to the specific engine requirements.......depends on, among other things, displacement, volumetric efficiency, pill sizes, pump size, cam specs, by-pass valve configuration. Likewise for nozzles. It is a full system approach, not piecemeal. I know zip about the Enderle units......sorry I cannot help you there.

elgringo71 likes this.
  2. Yeah,,,,everything I own is Enderle,,,,,,very similar,,, in most respects .
    Enderle can make a custom barrel valve as well .

Anyone needing help can contact Mike Chilando In Nashville Tennessee ,,,,AKA,,,Alkydigger .
    He has a website under that name .
    He was running mechanical fuel injection a long time ago,,,,,knows a great deal about it .
    Sells a lot of units,,,,,,also deals in mags, ,,blower hats,,,,and Efi injection units as well .
    He can assist in anything you need ,,,,,good guy .

Tommy

3. DaveyJonez

DaveyJonez
    from Houston

Thanks! I should have held on to it, 2 1/16 manifold.

427 sleeper likes this.
  4. Ron Plumlee

Ron Plumlee

Ran early Hilborns on a Wayne Chev in the early sixties, one of your questions was about how to read whether it is rich or lean......all I remember after almost 60 years read the plugs....you were looking for cocoa color, and yes it was race, not street. And it was trouble free. We played with pills and stacks, the pills were the key for us more than stack length.

Deuces likes this.