Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Here we go again 1929 RPU

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by hipojoe, Apr 9, 2022.

1. hipojoe

hipojoe

IMG_1121[3336].JPG It has been over 60 long years that my Dads 1929 Roadster Pick up Truck has had any Loving... Dont ask how we got here , Life just got in the way! So as has been mentioned in another thread The Medley Coupe, is this trucks Cell/Shop mate patiently awaiting its turn to get back on the road again. Today that process began with the installation of a Bullet Proofed Columbia 2 speed rear end he had built for himself many years ago. His High School ride had a stock 4 Banger that made about 30 Horsepower. This one has a Wes Cooper full Boogie Winfield equipped Red head C Banger making about 100 Horsepower. We picked this engine up around 1970 with total excitement, hopefully soon we will here it roaring to life. Pictures to follow. Here we go again!

cactus1, Budget36, brEad and 11 others like this.
  2. Papas32

Papas32
    from No.Ia.

Ooe cool ride that will be !

3. I will follow along.

4. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

5. dln1949

dln1949

Well it's been almost two months, is it done yet?

chessterd5 likes this.
  6. dmar836

dmar836

What's the status, Gladys?

7. hipojoe

hipojoe

A quick update on the HERE WE GO AGAIN 1929 RPU... My pops and I are patiently awaiting some time allotted from our good friend that is helping with the assembly. Hopefully we will be able to get to the truck pretty soon as it will be stacked with vintage HOT ROD Performance parts from the 1930s-40s and want to see my Pops double clutching speed shifting the ol 4 Banger:eek: It has been a very long time awaiting, but soon to make some forward progress. Pictures to follow...

Budget36 likes this.
  8. hipojoe

hipojoe

Now that 2022 is fading in our rear view mirror, thankful for that, we can look forward to hopefully a better 2023. Our good friend that is helping us with the resurrection of POPS TOYS has made some time, so I can hopefully share some progress pictures in the near future. A Wes Cooper banger, Columbia 2 speed rearend, 39 trans, Winfield red head, Stromberg 97, custom intake manifold and a host of other go fast goodies will put a smile on pops face. Thats what this is all about to relive some of the best times of his life, the days of youth. Keep you posted!

cactus1, brEad and Budget36 like this.
  9. hipojoe

hipojoe

With the Help of a dear friend of ours, Dads truck is now in the rebuild que and progress has begun.. The frame and body work has been stripped and blasted with repairs done to a few patch panels, and hairline cracks around windshield posts etc. 1940 Lincoln juice brakes are going on and look great, The Columbia rearend is installed with a T spring to drop the car and have a non pogo stick feel while driving it. Front end consists of a 4 inch DAGO dropped axle. Car will run Big and Littles on 15 inch Steelies because thats what Dad found in a wrecking yard around 1957 for his truck, those memories are not going away! He has some Lincoln Zepher gears to go in the 39 box to help with the cruiseability. The real cherry for this build is the Wes cooper /Kong Jackson 4 banger engine that Dad picked up for this over 50 years ago, cant wait for this thing to roar to life. Pictures to follow when its looking more like a car.

brEad, pprather and Weedburner 40 like this.
  10. Can’t wait to see the progress pics!