Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods STALLED PROJECTS?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Apr 4, 2022.

1. Marcia

Marcia

Got stalled out for about 10 months when Gas Pumper broke his leg at the Jalopy Showdown but hes back in the machine shop. I caught him singing yesterday. We're back on the truck full time.

A 2 B, chevy57dude and Okie Pete like this.
  2. Does not getting started count as a stalled project? This ol girl needs a lot of mechanical attention, I've been collecting parts for years. 38roundup.jpg

3. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

Not necessarily stalled but on part time basis lately. Retired last December and planned on getting in the shop a lot more. Then all the honeydews started. Have gotten most of the major ones completed. Mostly small ones left to do now. I've always liked working with all the doors and windows in the shop open so as soon as nicer weather arrives hopefully there will be a lot less cobwebs in the shop and on the projects.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2022
    chevy57dude and Okie Pete like this.
  4. 51 mercules

51 mercules

Not stalled! Just not started yet. [​IMG]

Dave Mc, A 2 B, chevy57dude and 4 others like this.
  5. OT car, waiting in the wings: 1956 Facel Simca Coupe de Ville... soon as I wrap up my '35.

OnTrailer_2.JPG Side Shot.jpg

1pickup, Dan Hay, Dave Mc and 9 others like this.
  6. You bet they are. HRP

7. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Sold some nice stalled projects. Sold a 32 Vick when it was ready for paint, Sold a 32 B400 in the same shape, Dale Grau bailed me out of both my 32 lakester projects. There were several 32 roadster projects that went the same way.

-Brent- and chevy57dude like this.
  8. hipojoe

hipojoe

My Father has kept this pic in his wallet for the last 62 years often reflecting on his earlier more simple ways of life. This is the year that I am going to help him accomplish one of his most cherished memories, the car of his youth! IMG_1121[3336].JPG

MO_JUNK, Dave Mc, lo c dan and 12 others like this.
  9. Thanks you guys. Good to hear from some old timers :cool:

10. Hard to believe I fist logged in here when I was in my 30s and that was 22 years ago!

You have some shots of that orange smallblock? I am doing similar in my GMC

1oldtimer likes this.
  11. sedantudor

sedantudor

I have both stalled, and ongoing projects. The 47 sedan, is ongoing as the car is on the road but is never "done". Nor will it be. A 52 Mainline that was going to be a nice mild custom/cruiser, never got of the ground as it drives with the straight six and the family and I have fun driving it around. Plus I have the opportunity to teach my daughters to drive a three in the tree. The big stalled project is a 1937 Plymouth PT-50 project that I bought when I was 17. 27 years of on and off again work and is now sitting. Got married, had kids, new career, life........ One day I will get back to it. But I can never underestimate the ability to randomly come across a project to jump the line.

chevy57dude and chryslerfan55 like this.
  12. I have a stalled project ( not started that is, been sitting still since I bought it) . 1949 Lincoln EL Coupe, spent more time searching for parts than I did working on it so now it’s for sale ( up for purchase that is)

chevy57dude likes this.
  13. Glad he's doing well. I was there that day, very anxious time as the emergency response took so long.

Marcia likes this.
  14. safetythird

safetythird

All I gotta say is after finishing a six year restoration only to have a tree fall on it a month later, the wind has been sucked out of my sails.

Still working on 'em everyday, but just...slower now.

15. Saturn V

Saturn V
    from Killen AL

I've got 1 in body shop prison!! But my 56 Olds Gasser is moving along! I really need a rich old uncle to will me a truck bed full of Ben's!!!

16. Marcia

Marcia

Thanks, it was scary. He doesn't remember it.

chevy57dude likes this.
  17. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

A friend of mine has a quote I like to remember when life deals you a bad hand:

“Sometimes you fix the car, sometimes the car fixes you.” Steve L.

Doing something you like doing can help get through life’s low places. When I lost my youngest son in a wreck, hit by a semi truck no less, I didn’t want to see a truck again, much less crawl back in and drive one again. It was hard that first time I crawled back up in the seat, the boy had ridden with me many times, and I could just see him sitting over there in the passenger seat, telling me “let’s go”. As I started down the road, the old feelings came flooding back over me, and I knew I had to keep going. You never get over your loss, but the pain subsides and gets replaced by good memories. Best wishes to you.

old chevy, raven and A 2 B like this.
  18. Eng 327.JPG Trans & Hay.jpg Engine in.jpg

19. Detonator and Max Gearhead like this.
  20. -Brent-

-Brent-

We only have so many tomorrows.

If things are important, let's get to them.

21. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Never had a stalled project in my life! Anytime I buy a project to build I can't wait to jump into it, and am obsessed with progress while building them. If I have a day off, or a day when I don't seem to be getting anything done, I'm disappointed. I am not one who takes years to build, as it's usually a 5-7 days a week thing, and only take a day off if there's something else I've committed to doing.

-Brent- likes this.
  22. oldtom69

oldtom69
    from grandin nd

just look through Marketplace or Craigslist! A lot of "stalled" projects out there,many times someone got in too deep or worked their way into an un-fixable problem. MANY of these are the famous "chassis swap"that seems so easy on paper,but turn out to be way more work than doing it right! Along the same are ads for cars that should never have been finished! Again many times a old body put on a newer frame-with the engine in the wrong position and the radiator sticking out past the front wheels.So often the owner has a for sale ad blissfully unaware of what he build doesn't look anything like what he intended

23. Shamus

Shamus
    from NC

Sold the '57 today, the '34 Roadster a couple of weeks ago, & taking the OT C10 to Charlotte Car Corral tomorrow. Then it will be time for a clean out yard sale in May. I'll be 80 next week an arthritis has taken over my body - time to quit & enjoy my ''55 3100 & OT Convertible. No more wrenching!!

lojElidITiuiDHSgBYrqCQ.jpg

Attached Files:

24. buick bill

buick bill
    from yreka;ca

i just ran across a 53 rigid panhead . i see more stalled projects in my future !!

midnightrider78 likes this.
  25. Does being stuck in paint prison count? Involuntarily stalled project....

26. Dago 88

Dago 88
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Got this 35 years ago, built it as a Gasser in the 90's, got over the gasser thing & decided to restore it, been stalled now for about 10 years. Too many cool early Fords keep getting in the way. :) 14483372_10208314322149620_1884754818_n.jpg '56 nomad.jpg '56 nomad.jpg 277689041_237182825255005_5687362122365648408_n.jpg 277844652_363713642381891_4879350735068337481_n.jpg

27. notaford1

notaford1
    from webster ny

Who knew that at the end of the rainbow would be an old pick up ‍

Last edited: Apr 7, 2022
    Dave Mc likes this.
  28. SR100

SR100

Around here the leprechauns price them like pots of gold... At least I hope they're leprechauns:rolleyes:

29. trollst

trollst

Still got a 29 dodge victory six in the yard, but it may sit there longer. Spent the last eight months with heart stuff, all fixed now, but a bout with a pulmonary embolism (blood clot in right lung), led to many scary days, and some reevaluation. My 36, (mary) will get the shit driven out of her this year, we'll see what next winter brings. At least I'm still thinking about it, but that may be as far as it gets. This was last year at rust bros swap meet. DSC07977.JPG

Moondog13 and chryslerfan55 like this.