Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Hot rod Hundred Wisconsin

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by leadfootloon, Feb 21, 2019.

1. MMM1693

MMM1693
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I registered for the run this morning. We booked a room at Sleep Inn 6 min no of McFarland. A standard king is 116.00. Phone # 608 221 8100. Now for a dry, sunny day at the Wisc HRH

2. 59bones

59bones
    from Illinois

Sounds like a beautiful A to B thru the edge of the Driftless.

3. Thanks for sharing!!!

MMM1693 and guthriesmith like this.
  4. gene-koning

gene-koning

Got signed up, check is in the mail!
    leadfootloon, you need to update the link at the bottom of your signature.

leadfootloon and guthriesmith like this.
  5. Thanks Gene I totally forgot about it being there.

6. Last edited: Apr 6, 2022
  7. 67drake

67drake
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Muscoda WI

8. 67drake and guthriesmith like this.
  9. 67drake

67drake
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Muscoda WI

BTW, I’m really looking forward to this run. I haven’t really done anything car related since Covid shut everything down a few years ago. Not to mention my only running play car is OT for this, and is blocked in my pole barn by my ‘62 Mercury at the moment. I have the Merc engine out. The car I plan on driving to this is a new purchase for me, a ‘63 LeMans. The LeMans is supposed to be driven back from Colorado by my wife just 2 weeks prior to the run. Got my fingers crossed no wrench will be thrown into the plan. :)

guthriesmith likes this.
  10. That's cool new ride. Colorado to Wisconsin is a really good test run!! But if some reason it doesn't happen you show up in OT car!

Bruce A Lyke and guthriesmith like this.
  11. 67drake

67drake
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Muscoda WI

Deal!

leadfootloon likes this.
  12. Here's a sneak peek of the long haul and club pick trophy's. FullSizeR.jpg

13. Man, those are cool Ronny! ;)

Bruce A Lyke likes this.
  14. They sure are Jeff:D

Bruce A Lyke and guthriesmith like this.
  15. Registration is closing on the 1st of May so we can get T shirt orders in for the run. Don't delay sign up today!!!

16. gene-koning

gene-koning

My wife and I are so ready for this!

Last week we did a test run to Tulsa OK and back home (1400 miles round trip) and next week I will be doing a 100 mile season opening run with a Christian Motorcycle club (they are letting a few cars join in).

The Christian Motorcycle Club does a bike blessing (and also blessed the cars last year) for safe travels all season long, before they leave on their run. Is this might be something we could do before we start this run? Years ago I was in a car club that had a car & truck blessing before the 1st run of the year. It was kind of cool. The club pastor walked around and prayed with anyone that wanted to pray before we left. Gene

17. Fat Fender Mike

Fat Fender Mike
    from Milwaukee

Were are we starting and ending?

guthriesmith and leadfootloon like this.
  18. McFarland the lift supper store ending in Hillsboro at a 1/8 Mile drag strip.

67drake and guthriesmith like this.
  19. Fat Fender Mike

Fat Fender Mike
    from Milwaukee

Cool, thanks for the heads up. We are planning on seeing you there!

20. 67drake

67drake
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Muscoda WI

Brakes went out on my car. If I can get it fixed tomorrow, I’ll be there.

leadfootloon likes this.
  21. 3506E4BA-C65B-4591-B24E-85FD1BCBA29E.png

Last edited: May 12, 2022
    67drake likes this.
  22. gene-koning

gene-koning

If you can't get the brakes done in time, drive your street car. You can still join in on the fun, even with a daily driver.

67drake likes this.
  23. 67drake

67drake
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Muscoda WI

Thanks for the encouragement! I just bought this car, and my wife drove it back from Denver starting Monday. Made it to Cedar Rapids by Tuesday night. Brakes went out and many frustrations along the way. I ran out to Cedar Rapids with a trailer to pick her and the car up. I now have what I hope is the proper master cylinder in hand, just need time to put it in. I also think I diagnosed the mechanical issues, all simple fixes, just need time to do it.
    Ironic thing is I couldn’t get the extra day or two off of work to run and trailer the car back from Denver, so wife offered to drive the “road worthy” car back, seeing as she was in Denver visiting a friend anyway. So I had to call into work to go to Cedar Rapids anyway! :)
    At this point I’ve driven the car myself about 100’ loading, unloading, and pulling in the driveway to park, using the emergency brake. If I do make it in this car, it will be my maiden voyage!

Attached Files:

24. I love a 63 Tempest! And, that’s cool that your wife was willing to drive it home too!

leadfootloon, MMM1693 and 67drake like this.
  25. 67drake

67drake
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Muscoda WI

Yeah, they’re both keepers. I didn’t marry a princess. :)
    I found a kink in a short section I’d rubber hose between the metal fuel line and mechanical pump, it was starting to kink already, so I have a brass 90 degree elbow to make the bend without kinking the hose. ALSO on of the clamps on the inline fuel filter, between the tank and fuel pump was finger tight, not even snug, easily could have been sucking air. I have all I need to fix it here, just need time after work tonight to get this done.

guthriesmith likes this.
  26. Hoping you can get the time to get it sorted out tonight. Nothing like doing a reliability run as a maiden voyage. My first Hot Rod Hundred in 2014 was after swapping an intake and 3 carburetors on my 56. I drove around the mile section and then loaded up 4 kids and headed to St. Louis on a 500 mile trip so I could drive 100. :rolleyes:

leadfootloon, MMM1693 and 67drake like this.
  27. You have time. All weekend to fix and pound on the miles. Good looking ride by the way. And I've done Wisconsin to Colorado and back a few times in a OT truck that's a haul. And at lest you wife knows the car pretty good!

28. Just in case you missed it.
    May 21, 2022

Schedule of events:
    7:30AM - Check-in Begins
    8:30AM - Check-in Closes

9:00AM - Driver meeting
    9:15AM - Departure

The "Starting Location" will be at The Lift SuperStore
    4725 Farwell St, McFarland, WI 53558. (liftsuperstore.com/location/wisconsin)
    We will travel along two-lane roads in the central Wisconsin area. Our final stop, with a lunch and a few awards being handed out, will be at (Hillsboro Drag-a-way) Air Rail Avenue. Hillsboro, WI 54634 (https://www.facebook.com/groups/562070520886212/)

**Lunch will be served by Charlie's! Your lunch ticket includes a choice of an adult size Hotdog or a Burger, a side of fries and a drink. (You are more than welcome to purchase more.)

*** Bring your DOT certified Helmet and an extra $35 to this 1/8 mile strip if you'd like to test run your car!!***

29. 67drake

67drake
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Muscoda WI

Yeah, I’m a dumbass, I was nervous thinking the run was tomorrow! Hell, I have a whole nother week!
    I got the brakes working, and worked out a few bugs today. Drove it about 20 miles, so by next week I should be good to go.
    Now, to figure out why I have no brake lights!

30. gene-koning

gene-koning

Just a little heads up for anyone passing through the great state of Illinois.

Expect to pay 30 to 40 more cents per gallon of gas in this state compared to the surrounding states.

It would be to your advantage to get gas before you get here, or wait until you get out of here if at all possible! If you need to buy gas here, get just enough to get you out of Illinois, then fill up. Regular gas here now is $4.87 to $4.95/gal 87 octane with 10% ethanol. I'm going to drive from my house here in IL 30 miles north to WI to fill up, and will save at least $.30/gallon.

Not only do we have crappy roads, but we have high gas prices to boot. Gene