Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Three Stromberg 97's on 59A Flathead jet size?

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by rumbleseat32, Apr 5, 2022.

1. rumbleseat32

rumbleseat32

I am setting up three 97's on a 59A flathead .080 over, 3 3/4 stroke with Isky 400 cam. progressive linkage, center carb primary outside carbs as secondary. I need some advice on jet sizing. any advice would be appreciated.

Gruntis likes this.
  2. Pete1

Pete1
    from Wa.

Lose the progressive linkage and start with .048 in all. Pumps on long stroke if they have an adjustment.
    Your driving style will have some affect on the final jet size. Watch the plugs for clues.

3. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

I’ll be doing basically the same on a .30 over 8BA. I thought it was advisable to have progressive linkage?

4. Pete1

Pete1
    from Wa.

You put all of that time and money into an engine to make it go and respond instantly and then do something that is like taking one cylinder away???

5. I totally agree with Pete1......I had straight linkage on my 296 inch FH and would not have it any other way........much more fun to drive.

6. AngleDrive

AngleDrive
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

Start with 48's and adjust accordingly

7. Get yourself a fuel/air ratio gauge, take your readings under all load conditions, make selection of jets, rods, etc. To get to where you want.

8. rumbleseat32

rumbleseat32

thanks for the input. I have an air/fuel gauge, just looking for a good starting point.