Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Thanks to Pat Ganahl

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Roothawg, Apr 4, 2022.

1. Roothawg

Roothawg

Recently, Danny posted a thread about Pat Ganahl’s blog. I thought oh well, I might as well see what he’s up to. I subscribed and to be quite honest, I am appreciative of the content and the attitude behind it.

When you read the very early little pages, there was a classy interchange between the readers and the editors. When questions were asked they were posed in a respectful manner and the response was equally as respectful.

Pat’s blog is very reminiscent of these long gone interchanges. Today’s post is a perfect example. He spent a lot of time answering a reader’s question. He went to great lengths to give a historical perspective. This rarely happens in magazines these days. Usually these views are jaded by the advertisers cash flow.

So a tip of the hat to Mr. Ganahl for a job well done.

You can read about it here.
    https://patganahl.com/

54delray, OG lil E, mopacltd and 52 others like this.
  2. brady1929

brady1929

I like it. He does a great job on it.

3. Rckt98

Rckt98

I have been a subscriber for awhile now. Enjoy every one of them.

4. kevinrevin

kevinrevin
    from East Texas

I have yet to read anything from Pat's weekly blog that I haven't enjoyed.

5. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@pgan has and continues to do the Hotrod/Custom walk...I echo the thanks for sharing the history and imagery that you have been up close and personal with for most of your life both here and at your web blog....

6. alchemy

alchemy

I, too, enjoy his blog. I only wish I could find the print version at my local newsstand.

7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

8. Roothawg

Roothawg

That’s the one that got my juices flowing.

9. atch

atch

I've been reading these for quite a while.

THANX @pgan.

chryslerfan55 and hotrodharry2 like this.
  10. When I get the email notifying me of a new post, I stop whatever I'm doing and read it immediately. Always good stuff.

11. riv63

riv63
    from Texas

Always learning good stuff

hotrodharry2 and Roothawg like this.
  12. primed34

primed34

I really enjoy them.

13. Yes indeed - love Pats work

14. SPEC

SPEC

Pat's posts are great!

15. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

He's always been one of the best writers in the business. I look forward to every new blog post and I'm never disappointed.

hidez57 and Roothawg like this.
  16. jakesbackyard

jakesbackyard
    from ND
    1. Upholstery

I’ve been reading his blog for quite a while. Always good reading. He’s doing what he loves in his retirement and readers are the beneficiaries. I really enjoyed todays article on “Tarps”.

17. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I had a rear seat tarp in my 62 Chevy II. I had the shop sew a 3/4” pocket at the front edge and put a 1/4”,aluminum rod thru it to hold the front level. Snaps on the window edge and across the back.I gave up explaining why. Sold it with the car in 66. I saw one in a 65 Impala at a car show 3 years ago. 1st one in a long time..

Last edited: Apr 5, 2022
  18. My buddy Joe had a tarp in his '59 Biscayne. It got a few guys into the drive in movies and the drags for free. ;)

19. Tarps, the coolest Custom EVER Bill Hoffman's 53/54

[​IMG]

20. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

A side from his long, exemplary, career as a journalist, he is one of the few in his field that is a hands on car builder. Not only does he do his own body and paint, he can run a lathe ! We are lucky to have him share his vast library of text and photos, in a fun presentation, that is free. Now, if we can get him to write the story, about making his own steering wheel in Hi School shop class. Actually it would be best told in the form of a video, as he is great at story telling.

21. If I am not mistaken, this hardtop was made from a 2 door sedan.

22. Pat Ganahl is a true throwback to when the magazine writers knew of what they were writing about. Today, even with spell-check, and no proof writers, they can't get things correct. Pat walks the walk, and talks the talk. Thank you Pat for what you do for us.

23. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

he writes about both customs and hot rods, giving each about equal weight. I am not a custom guy but his writing
    keeps me coming back. If only the few surviving magazines had writers that could do that.

24. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

He is a walking encyclopedia for hot rods. Thanks Pat for sharing your vast knowledge!

25. Roothawg

Roothawg

My intent of this post was to make sure that he knows what he does is appreciated. Writing material for a blog is somewhat of a thankless job. You never know if anyone is reading it.

Keep It up Mr. Ganahl. The masses are reading it and we do appreciate your efforts.

26. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This is still one of my favorite publications by Pat. Great content, and great marketing strategy!

IMG_2619 (2).jpg

The 39 guy and hotrodharry2 like this.
  27. Been a fan and follower forever. He has always been the real deal.
    I remember way back in the late 80’s-early 90’s and I had my roadster at NSRA Louisville for the first time. I was running down Phillips Lane headed to the entrance gate, and who stepped out in the middle of the busy road but the man himself. And he actually took a picture of my homemade pile of parts headed straight toward him. Of course, he took thousands of pictures that weekend; but cut, buried or lost forever is one of a grey primered Model A highboy driven by a grinning idiot.
    I don’t remember much else from that long ago weekend, but that’s what memories are made of.

28. Yes it was. By hardtopping a sedan you get something like 11" longer side windows vs. an actual hardtop giving the illusion of a chop when there is none.

54delray, Snicklefritz65 and Roothawg like this.
  29. dwollam

dwollam

I too stop what I am doing and read his blog as soon as I get the email notice! Always a great read.

Thanks Pat

Dave

Roothawg and hotrodharry2 like this.