Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1940 Chevrolet Pickup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LukeThighwalker, Mar 21, 2022.

1. Smalls40

Smalls40

Looking for chassis/frame measurements and dimensions for a 1940 chevrolet pickup. Someone has hacked mine up pretty good and looking to possibly build my own. Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

exterminator, AVater and Junk yard like this.
  2. Reidy

Reidy

What dimensions are you chasing? Is It 1/2 or 3/4 Ton.

3. Curious what has been hacked up in your frame that would make you want to build another. Oh, and I see we are sort of neighbors. :D

4. what did you buy it for if it's hacked up?

5. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,

Here is an old post that I did for another HAMB thread. This old Chevy build shop has a lot of Chevy truck builds behind them and they show up cruising around So Cal on a lot of sunny days. Look them up on the web and give them a call. If they can help over the phone... great. If you have to drive out West to their shop, it is a nice drive that we have done plenty of times, visiting old family and friends in the OKC/Norman area.

Jnaki

They were informative about a question I had and gave me some great history/information about Chevy Trucks. They are located in So Cal, but are a center of activity for Chevy Trucks and supply of parts.

Previous post :

Hello,

We have visited this shop before the pandemic started and it is a cool place. The Chevy trucks parked outside are always a draw to this industrial area. I recently talked to the owner about one of his Chevy trucks that I saw parked outside. He was very cordial, knowledgeable and was willing to answer any questions I had. He did not know me from anyone else… I was just an inquisitive customer.

The website called https://www.classychevusa.com/ is quite complete with several options for parts and also literature.
    [​IMG]

Jnaki

For a local Chevy truck restoration company, they do have quite the following. A call to them or fill out the contact sheet will get your project questions answered.

https://www.classychevusa.com/
    "Classy Chev USA is a subsidiary of RepGuy.net,Inc. We started our California corporation in the year 2000 to market, sell and manufacturer classic restoration parts for cars & trucks. We maintain a fully stocked warehouse in San Clemente, California, USA and ship worldwide to most destinations. We are distributors and represent many manufacturers of reproduction parts. All transactions are in US dollars."

Welcome to Classy Chev USA

We are open during the COVID-19 crisis

We are a distributor of QUALITY reproduction parts for classic car trucks hot rods & customs. We keep a very deep inventory of about 1800 different SKU's allowing us to ship quickly and have a 99.9% order fill rate. We carry both new and used parts and buy in bulk and keep our overhead low. We can offer competitive prices and almost always ship in 24 hours or less!

We inspect all parts before shipping assuring the quality of each and every order. We are car people, having owned and restored over 35 classic / hot rod vehicles in the last 40 years. We are knowledgeable about classic cars & trucks and truly enjoy this business. This is a family business and we care a lot about our customers and the level of service we provide.

Your source for quality parts. Classic Chevy Cars & Trucks, Rat Rods, Hot Rods and Customs. We carry 1959 Cadillac tail lights, turn signal switches, old Chevy & GMC truck parts, hub caps and other sought after parts for your classic Chevrolet & Ford! Let us help you with all your Classic vehicle needs today!
    Brian - ClassyChevUSA.com

We buy in bulk and keep our overhead low. We can offer competitive prices and almost always ship in 24 hours or less!

We carry a large selection of USED 1934-1946 Chevy & GMC truck parts. Just email us your needs.
    https://www.oldtruckheaven.com/

Hamtown Al likes this.