Register now to get rid of these ads!

2022 H.A.M.B. Drags

Discussion in 'H.A.M.B. Drag Nationals' started by RatRoy, Feb 3, 2022.

1. RatRoy

RatRoy

Time to start worrying about the 2022 H.A.M.B Drags. Will it happen and what is the date, and which hotel will be the host ? This is the event of the year...

2. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Come on Ryan, let us know. ;)

3. Smitty@Haneline

Smitty@Haneline

Ryan,
    If you need any additional local(ish) help. Please let me know. I'd love to see the '22 HAMB drags come-back!
    Thanks,
    Scott

4. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I really don't know. Since my kids are older and do shit all day, every day... I get very little time with them. My only real time is the summer... and we like to be in Hawaii...

Plus, I caught so much shit from people when I cancelled due to Covid that part of me is like, "Do I want to host some of those people?" And I know that's a small portion of guys, but damn... that sucked.

Just not sure.

5. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

I definitely understand. You have the ultimate say on who can and can't. And know we'll back you whatever you decide.

6. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ryan, you know I look forward to spotting your little shiny black coupe a car length someday, but I definitely understand your position. The Drags have always been for you a high effort, minimal reward kind of thing so I understand if you don't feel the need to continue the tradition. But, if you wanna do another year (or two, to make an even 20) I will be happy to help in any way I can.

-Abone.

guthriesmith, zman and raven like this.
  7. raven

raven

We all loved the HAMB Drags. It was the high point for my year. If you do decide to have just one more....I'd like to have a special Yahoo Cup run just for Yahoo Cup alumni to do a final run off.
    But as stated before, We'll back you whatever your decision Boss.
    r

Tman and zman like this.
  8. mr shiftys used cars

mr shiftys used cars
    from sedalia,mo

I would be willing to help out anyway I can and probably a few in our group also to make it a final hamb drags if thats what you wanted to do

guthriesmith likes this.
  9. Austin kays

Austin kays

The HAMB got me set on the right track years ago on whats cool and whats not. Ive met some really great guys on here and hope to meet many more, hope to see the tradition live on.. (super bummed out live only a couple hours away from the track and have never been):(

10. Primered Forever

Primered Forever
    from Joplin,MO

I’m in Joplin and could help out if needed.

11. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

It’ll probably be the Spam Drags again. Carl puts on a fun event.

12. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

You don't get it.

Stinky's Garage likes this.
  13. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

I’ve raced at 11 Hamb Drags and 1 Spam Drags. I know about gettin’ it.

14. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think what Zman means is it is just not the same. He's right, it's not, but Carl puts on a damn good show and he has supported us since the beginning even when we have not been able to fully support him the last two years.

I will continue to drive to Joplin every year no matter what. Even if there is no racing at all, I'm sure we can at least find a hotel parking lot to drink beer in.

See you in August, -Abone.

15. Roothawg

Roothawg

Just like the very first one. I remember driving into the parking lot with a half finished car and FlamedAbone standing on the balcony screaming our name as we rolled in......that's been a long time ago. Good times.

16. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

It's just a little different when it's 1157 miles from my door to Ryno's.
    I want to see all the "usual suspects" going back.

17. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The group I hang with in the parking lot are definitely "suspects".

-Abone.

18. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

See what I mean?

brad.jpg

willie.jpg

Tman and Lloyd's paint & glass like this.
  19. Nothing better than a good day/night of racing and watching the sun come up over Rangeline.

20. Blakmerk

Blakmerk
    from St.Joe MO

"]Nothing better than a good day/night of racing and watching the sun come up over Rangeline.

I agree sir. Totally.

raven and Tman like this.
  21. BessieRoberts

BessieRoberts

pprather likes this.
  22. I only have a handful of Hamb drags under my belt, but really enjoy everything about that weekend. It is the one weekend a year that I can let it all hang out, don’t have to worry about anything other than getting the car there and home, and maybe making sure everyone has a comfortable place to sleep

Attached Files:

23. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

IMG_0653.jpeg

Suspect?

mad mikey, Tman and guthriesmith like this.
  24. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

DSC_0021.jpeg DSC00701.jpeg DSC00711.jpeg DSC00713.jpeg DSC00773.jpeg DSC00819.jpeg HMABDrags05private018.jpeg IMG_4836.jpeg IMG_4837.jpeg IMG_6767.jpeg DSC_0021.jpeg DSC00701.jpeg DSC00711.jpeg DSC00713.jpeg DSC00773.jpeg DSC00819.jpeg HMABDrags05private018.jpeg IMG_4836.jpeg IMG_4837.jpeg IMG_6767.jpeg DSC_0021.jpeg DSC00701.jpeg DSC00711.jpeg The parking lot is a whole lot of the experience.

Roothawg, mad mikey, Tman and 2 others like this.
  25. Definitely miss the HAMB drags and admittedly haven't made the SPAM drags the last couple years even though I intended to. Hopefully it can happen, but totally get the amount of work it takes to put it on. If it happens, I will plan to be there.

26. S/G 5607

S/G 5607
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from topeka, ks

SPAM is better than nothing, I still enjoy seeing the folks in the parking lot the night before and the fact that Carl has continued to run with this event.

27. I'd love to see the H.A.M.B drags and I hope it continues someway or another.... But if not there is an even just north of me at Byron dragway called glory days. It's a fun time.

benchseat4speed and Roothawg like this.
  28. Buddha Doll

Buddha Doll

29. organgrinder 1

organgrinder 1

Ok so Carl has it on the track schedule for aug 20th so I guess that's what we're shooting for.