Register now to get rid of these ads!

I'm home...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

If forced, I could get it down to one sentence:

You guys NEVER fail to amaze me.

------------------

The H.A.M.B. Drags were incredible. I had one amazing weekend fellas. Thanks so much everything... There were over 2000 people at the track and I feel like I was personal pals with about all of em. Incredible.

My full writeup is here.

2. rocketman402

rocketman402

thank you for everything this weekend

3. Muttley

Muttley

Next year, I'm there.

4. buffaloracer

buffaloracer
    from kansas

A great time was had by all.
    Glad you made it home safely.
    pete

5. Glad you made it home safe. I never met you but Fiddy pointed you out to me. I wanted to shake your hand, but you looked like you had a lot on your mind, so maybe next time. Thanks for the best weekend ever. And your right about that feeling of being with your 2000 closest freinds. John

6. Spook

Spook

That pretty well sums it up. Thanks to you and all the others that make it happen.

7. Rodshop

Rodshop

What a total blast! Thanks again this year Ryan for your efforts. I really got a kick out of hundreds of old skool rodders stuffed under the awning talking up our own storm after the drags! Rodshop

8. Pops

Pops
    Member Emeritus
    from Tulsa

Ryan,

Thank you for giving us such a cool event, but most of all, thank you for giving me the opportunity to become acquanted with so many excellent people - for the people are what make these events great.

J.

9. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

...holy shit about sums it up for me...:D ...and thanks for the kind words on the coupe, you looked good in it. :cool:

10. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

Wow... even with the little rain shower that cut racing short I still had the time of my life!

Thanks goes to Ryan... but also Root, Fiddy, and everyone else I can't quite remember on a hazy Monday morning.

11. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

thanks ryan, was a blast................:cool:

12. carkiller

carkiller

Thanks again, My fourth great HAMB drags weekend, Cal

13. Not only thanks for a cool a** event but the HAMB has given me the desire to work on my car again. I parked on the west side this year( I drove my truck to pick up the engine) but next year I'll be in the stageing lanes.
    Once again thank you
    Mick:)

14. Awesome event - thanks for such a killer time
    I needed two of me to be everywhere I wanted to be. There were so many cool people and cars running around.

Damn that was fun. Too bad the power got knocked out from the storm. I wasn't ready to go yet :)

15. Rusty

Rusty

Thanks so much for another great event and the dedication has payed off

16. bigken

bigken

Ryan, missed shakin' your hand and thankin' ya personally, so here ya go - THANKS MAN, fan - damn - tastic weekend.

17. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I feel the EXACT same way. I felt like I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to see everything, talk to everyone, race Big Olds, take photos....man I wish the event started first thing in the morning and was a whole WEEK long;) :D

HUGE thank you to Ryan, Marcie and their crew for putting on THEEE BEST CAR EVENT I have ever attended in my life. I don't care how far I have to drive or how much money it cost for the weekend, I wouldn't miss the HAMB Drags for nothing! PERIOD!

More from me later once I get hme from work and check out all my photos and write alittle bedtime story tonight.:cool:

18. CAL

CAL
    from Neosho Mo.

I enjoyed talking with you Friday night, it was good to meet you and Kevin both, and thanks for the kind words about my heap. Had a great weekend.
    Dan

19. I know you probably met a ton of people, but big thanks and it was nice to meet ya.

20. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

I'm just realizing that I only met half the people I set out to meet and I thought I was doing good...

There's already a "Speed Week" so why not a "H.A.M.B Drags Week"? :D

It would take that long to do everything there is to do.

21. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

It was good to hang out with pals. Spent more time in that hotel parking lot than I thought I would and yeah, I'm already thinking about next year.

22. Ryan,
    Looks like the drags were a big sucess once again.
    I'm sorry you didn't get to see me. You'll never know how sorry I'm sure.
    Next year will be better.
    Benno

23. warbozz

warbozz

HAMB Drags Week would rule! I'm sure there would be more long distance travelers come in for a longer event. Organizational logistics might be a nightmare though. Bet we could get sponsors... breweries perhaps? :cool:

24. D.W.

D.W.
    from Austin Tx.

Man o man what a buncha action this weekend! Again I say............WOW!!!!

25. It was awesome!!! A huge thank you to Ryan, Marcy, Carl, Racefab, Fiddy, Root... and the list goes on and on and on.

Also a huge thanks to Whodaky. I won the pinstriped toolbox and it is incredible!

Like has been mentioned I sure wish there was three of me to be all over at once! Hard to bs with your buddies when you're goin down the track.

26. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

and do you realize now now many pals you actually have.......;) :D

THANKS so much for that "E-Ticket" ride in your roadster.:D It reminded me alot of riding around the tract at the Jalopy Showdown in PA. You really need to make it there next year.......... you could collect some of those other 95 hugs there.;) :D

27. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

My first year and not my last. I got in Joplin at 1:00 am sat morning and as soon as I got out of my truck HAMBERS are talking to me. Coming down alone was no problem when I met so many kool people. Followed 50dodge4x4 home and I took a bad turn thru Kansas City (sorry Gene) but even with that bad mistake it was still an awesome weekend. It is gonna suck if I for some bad reason that I would miss any HAMB Drag for now on. Hambers are the best, they treat you like they have known ya for years. Some even give ya beer.LOL :) Thanks everyone Scott

28. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

It was worth the trip for me as always. Meeting folks like WarBozz and Ben D face to face is worth it alone- Supporting the HAMB is also always a good move.

See some of you guys at the Revolution I hope!

jay

29. blue_oval23

blue_oval23

Thanks Ryan,
    I had alot of fun, the best car event i have ever been to!!!!

30. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

All I am gonna say is...

WE SHOULD DO THIS MORE OFTEN!!!!:D