Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Graham supercharger

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by harryhotrod, Mar 11, 2022.

1. harryhotrod

harryhotrod

Just bought a Graham supercharger with the intention of fitting it to a model A banger, so, got it all stripped down and thinking I am missing a few parts ……
    I have searched the net and the forums on here and am struggling to find any exploded diagrams or manuals ……..
    Has anybody got any manuals/diagrams etc etc……especially of the oil pump side as that is what I think I’m missing………or any body got any photos that might help?
    Many thanks guys.

2Blue2 and Just Gary like this.
  2. 1952henry

1952henry

I would ike to see how this plays out. Do you have to modify the housing at all?

3. harryhotrod

harryhotrod

4. harryhotrod

harryhotrod

Me too! Hoping not to modify the housing, just want to get the blower into a serviceable condition before I start figuring out the mounting and drive side of things

seb fontana likes this.
  5. That would be a tough one!
    Looking forward to seeing how this works out.
    Good luck.

loudbang likes this.
  6. Fordors

Fordors

Do a Google search, search YouTube Graham Supercharger. I found two really informative videos, the best runs 15:46 and deals with technical aspects of the Graham blowers. The other is a bit longer at 21:25 and is interesting too. Both were posted by Carz Plus.
    You will not see the part you are concerned with but still, there’s some good information presented.

loudbang and Max Gearhead like this.
  7. harryhotrod

harryhotrod

Both good videos, informative stuff, thanks for that.

8. harryhotrod

harryhotrod

So after speaking to a few guys who have run them, it looks like I am not missing anything.
    After a full strip and measure up there is a small amount of wear in the shaft bushings caused by the lack of oil getting to them due to oil ways being blocked in the shaft. The wear is minimal so they will go again. The bushing that supports the gear drive how ever is not good and will need replacing.
    Going to redesign the oiling system to ensure all bushes get oil individually to eliminate the above issue. Will post photos if anybody wants to take a look.

Fordors likes this.
  9. Fordors

Fordors

Sure, post the photos. Plenty of us here thrive on tech.

10. 1952henry

1952henry

Yes, pics please

11. Budget36

Budget36

No insight/knowledge to add, but item #1 looks like a end casted housing, why did you think it was missing?

Just curious.

12. harryhotrod

harryhotrod

When I took it apart and pulled the rear cover I saw this shaft with what looks like it should drive something,………………strange way to finish a shaft that does nothing…….or maybe it does?
    Any input/advice on the internals of these things would be greatly appreciated. 7A965EFF-9F9C-4D00-AEA5-12D982025A73.jpeg