Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Which Rodder's Journal issue had the Green '59 El Camino on the cover?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lothiandon1940, Mar 8, 2022.

1. A good friend is trying to find which issue had the '59 El Camino of Vintage Air on the cover. He believes it was before #68, but isn't certain. Any help would be much appreciated.....Thanks, Don.

2. Just FYI, it's not issue# 68 with the Camino on the back cover pushing the FED.....Thanks again.

Bowtie Coupe and Jeff Norwell like this.
  3. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

I just went through mine from issues 9-84 no cover I have has the 59 Camino you’re looking for.........:( I tried Don.

Bowtie Coupe and lothiandon1940 like this.
  4. goldmountain

goldmountain

My issue has it on the front cover.

5. ...Thanks, that must be it. I know they did subscriber and newstand covers that were reversed (front and back). Which number issue is that? Thanks again.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  6. Is this it.? HRP

[​IMG]

^^^^^ This is my cover of 68 ----------------- ^ this is the back. HRP

7. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

To anyone who cares:
    It was probably 5 years or so ago I met Steve at SEMA and as our conversation evolved I asked (suggested) :rolleyes: having an ongoing index of each issue either online or available printout as it’s difficult to refer to back issues for information or which cars are featured in what issue.I know other publications have done this so how hard could it be?
    Rant over, carry on.

8. I don't think so, Danny, but thanks for looking. He seems to think it was before issue#68 and there was apparently coverage in the issue of the El Camino.

Bowtie Coupe likes this.
  9. Is he sure it was Rodders Journal? It was on the cover of the Sept 1999 Custom Rodder magazine.
    20220308_142916.jpg

10. He was pretty adamant that it was Rodder's Journal, even mentioned that it wasn't issue 68 with the El Camino on the back pushing the Dragster. Thanks a bunch for looking @K13.

chryslerfan55 and Bowtie Coupe like this.
  11. Joe Blow

Joe Blow

There was a green 59 El Camino in #42......it was Richie Valles' (and not on the cover).

12. ....Thanks @Joe Blow. That's possibly what he's thinking about although he seemed to think that this one belonged to the guy at Vintage Air in Texas.

13. Googling Jack Chisenhall (the owner) and the Rodders Journal gets you hits for issue 68 and issue 10 (which looks like it was an article on his collection). But I find googling for Rodders Journal info seems a bit hit and miss for finding info sometimes it works great and sometimes not so much.

14. This is why witness evidence in court can be problematic.

15. .............LOL. You can say that again!:D:):D:):D...;)

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  16. ....Thanks a bunch. I'm going to tell him to try and find someone with that issue#10. Hopefully that will be what he is remembering.

chryslerfan55, Bowtie Coupe and K13 like this.
  17. jim snow

jim snow

Don, I just went thru issue 10. It’s not there. Snowman ⛄️

18. There is no El Camino in issue #10. Barry Lobeck's roadster on the cover & Dave Crook 47 Ford on the back cover.

Mick

19. Thanks and shout out to all who have tried to search. If anyone stumbles upon the issue feel free to post it. I've done all I can do for my friend at this point. Guess we could post up pics of our favorite (HAMB-friendly) El Caminos if anyone is interested......Thanks again, guys........Don.:)

20. ....I remember when you suggested that very thing. It would help tremendously when trying to search out specific articles. As far as I know, no such archive or index exists. Might be a fun project for someone with time on their hands. Sadly, I don't know anyone like that!:eek::D

Bowtie Coupe, Just Gary and i.rant like this.
  21. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Wasn't there an issue with Brian Bass's shoebox and a green El Camino in an article in TRJ?
    I seem to remember that..... or not.

22. There is an El Camino thread.

23. .....You may be on to something, Jeff. That does sound familiar. Thanks.

24. Is this the one he's thinking of? This is the one that belongs to Richie Valles in #42 400ce4122d855abde2f1af2b7c7009e1 (1).jpg

12469138703_e10578c2ac_b.jpg

25. It's a beauty @El Hueso, but not the one. Thanks for checking in though.

chryslerfan55 and Bowtie Coupe like this.
  26. He says it's the one owned by Jack Chisenhall.

Bowtie Coupe likes this.
  27. First image that popped up under an image search for "Jack Chisenhall El Camino" The shot was posted here to the HAMB at some point. Probably in the Elco thread?

[​IMG]

28. I'm sure that's the one @Tman. He may have been mistaken about it being featured in the Journal.

Bowtie Coupe likes this.
  29. I have always dug that thing. A 60 is the only vehicle left that I truly care to own

30. That picture is from the same location the Custom Rodder article was shot. Coonan took the pictures for the article so maybe that is the confusion.