Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Yeah, Its got a Hemi/41 shop truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bandit Billy, Jun 29, 2018.

1. joel

joel
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm anxious to see it in chrome and paint on the cab.

Bandit Billy and loudbang like this.
  2. Leave the blood for future DNA proof that you built it. Who knows... it could add to the value someday, after you're gone (not wishing anything bad on you, but it might bring more $$$ to your widow someday, so she can support a YOUNG guy). LOL!!
    Come on, BB, where's your sense of humor?

chryslerfan55 and Bandit Billy like this.
  3. Roothawg

Roothawg

Getting closer. When I get to that point on the 36, I’ll ship some pieces to you. That way you won’t lose your touch.

4. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I did buy an extra one when I thought It was going to need extra pieces to make this one fit. Just sayin :cool:

The hood has that huge chromed waterfall and whiskers, but other than door handles, hinges, bumpers, bumper guards, fog lights and brackets, entire grille and side pipes It wont have hardly any chrome on the outside. I think the windshield frame will help add a bit more glimmer to this basically chromeless truck.

Yeah, it is thin and I was using a soft blow mallet and just tapping it into it's happy place. Question though, on that one piece seal, where would you guys put the seam? For test fit it was dead center at the top but perhaps the center at the bottom would be better against leaks?

All of cars have plenty of DNA evidence on them...that didn't sound very good. :cool:
    I love a touch of chrome but it got carried away last week when I complimented my wife on her chrome hair accents. Seems there is a limit to the application of the shiny stuff. It cost me a salon dye job and no dinner that night.

fauj, chryslerfan55, Dedsoto and 2 others like this.
  5. buzz4041

buzz4041
    from Texas

Great stuff. I think the bottom also after a little sealant at the cut line during final assembly.

loudbang and Bandit Billy like this.
  6. In my minds Eye I don't understand why you need to cut the seal in two . I understand removing the center divider rubber but can't the be done with an Exact knife leaving the full perimeter intact? You're not actually changing the perimeter fit of the Rubber.

7. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The seal I received requires trimming as it was 10 inches or so too long? I was surprised to. I thought it would b made to fit but it ended up being more like a trunk seal. I might call Block and Olson and see what they have or recommend. I like how tight this fit. It wouldn't leak without being glued in!

8. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That is what I am leaning toward, but I am going to look for a one piece seal like @Pist-n-Broke is referring to. Sure would be cleaner. Maybe @Lloyd's paint & glass has an idea?

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  9. buzz4041

buzz4041
    from Texas

Bob Drake

1940 CAR, 1940-47 PICKUP WINDSHIELD SEAL

SKU: 01A-7003110/11
    availability: In stock
    $75.00

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  10. Block and Olson would be the right go-to guys on this... Hopefully you can talk to Tim, he's been at it for as long as I can remember!
    DNA on the OUTSIDE, in the form of blood stains is OK to talk about... DNA on the upholstery... um... not so much.

11. I thought you started with the 40-47 Stock Truck seal. That would be what I would try to use and remove the front glass lip and center divider. Must have miss read that.

loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  12. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The stock seal as I understand it is 2 pieces, like th3 one that @buzz4041 added above. I bought a one piece seal for guys doing a v butt install.

loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  13. "v butt install"??? Are you sure you're on the right website??
    OK... back to regular programming...

Bandit Billy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  14. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Yup Billy is definitely on the right website have you seen his builds?

15. I use a lot of universal gaskets on heavy equipment, discovered one day that it would work on my hot rod projects also. It comes in a roll, so you cut to length. At the joint, clean it good, and fill the joint with urethane, then I take a single edge razor blade to scrape off the excess. A piece of making tape keeps you from getting urethane on the body. Next day you'll have a one piece gasket ;)

16. You clearly have not been following or even done any investigating why he made the comment. At least go back 3 or 4 pages and get yourself up to Speed before you start being a Wise #SS.

17. His builds, yes. A v butt, no.

chryslerfan55 likes this.

18. You missed my lame attempt at a joke. Sorry...

19. Hey @Bandit Billy , if ya need inspiration for say, color, here’s a little something I think you’ll like. BD1CD87B-A553-474D-8CFB-84DAAA95233F.jpeg

20. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

As Billy might suggest.......Emoji's are your friend:D

Last edited: Mar 3, 2022
  21. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

It sure was a lame attempt, most people will add an emoji :rolleyes::D to show that they are being facetious. I assume you do this regularly as I've seen some posts of yours on other threads before that didn't look good!

22. trad27

trad27

Good to see it will work out for you, Just spent the time catching up on your build thread. Coming along nicely, keep the updates coming.

23. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Conversion Charts in the Mancave are an absolute necessity...

24. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Can ya see how much betta that would look with a chrome windshield frame? Oh, glorious!

Doug and and I are form the PNW, we don't need no stinkin emojis :cool: Ooops

I just caught up workin on it sio you're just in time!

I had a mancave once. Came home after a night of debauchery and the women had taken it over! Carly Simon on the stereo, lemon drops on my bar, the essence of candles and potpourri hung thick in the air. I paved it over and put in a lift and a beer fridge. Valhalla, I am coming!

25. Good point, thanks. I never think about emojis, but I guess I'd better start, huh?:)

fauj, Dick Stevens and Bandit Billy like this.
  26. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for the frame! It has become a piece of this hot rod truck build! I never expected it to fit right out of the gate. Thank you again!

chryslerfan55, loudbang and Stogy like this.
  27. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hamber Billy you are an inspiration...and yes the tempered application of shiny helps the balance the overall focus indeed...Cheers Mate...;)

fauj, loudbang and Bandit Billy like this.
  28. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sometimes, at night, when the lights are low and Barry White is on the stereo, a stack of quarters on the night stand to feed the magic fingers, Elvis posters Illuminated by black light and glasses of Courvoisier on the bed side table...wait, what where we talking about?

chryslerfan55, fauj, Stogy and 2 others like this.
  29. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Back to the truck, I spent the afternoon filling and sanding small imperfections in the firewall that likely no one will ever see! But I know they they were there. Not any more. This weekend is 400 weekend! The end of the sanding and preparation for paint! The iphone has the temps warming. My paint tech advisor say I must avoid painting during an east wind. Okay! That is a lot of voodoo. :cool: He says the easterly Columbia gorge winds causes static electricity as well as dust particles. He refuses to paint on such days so I will take note and wait for a proper day to apply my base/clear. Stay with me, the best is yet to come! Unless this paint job sucks and then I this thread will end on the classifieds section under "Awesome '41 Ford truck with owner paint job that is utterly horrid. Details in thread."

30. Roothawg

Roothawg

Welp, that explains everything. All these years I thought it was my lack of ability. I feel better now…

loudbang, chryslerfan55, fauj and 2 others like this.