Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1939 CHEVY PICKUP WINDSHIELD GASKETS

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by G.M.-TECH, Mar 1, 2022.

1. G.M.-TECH

G.M.-TECH

Hey Guys, Need some help here. I have a project that I have been working on for a long time. It's a 39 coe. I hope I'm not stepping on any toes posting this here because it's a coe. Most of the time anything that fits a 39 pickup, it's pretty close to a coe. Now my problem. I'm back on working to finish this coe and I'm fitting the crankout windshields, two of them. I was hoping that one of you guys could tell me what gasket is used or gaskets to seal the windshield frames. I need to know the profile of the gasket. Thanks ahead for any help. coe1.jpg coe2.jpg coe3.jpg

2. Joe H

Joe H

3. cshades

cshades
    from wi

there is a rubber gasket that fits in the channel on the outside of the frame. i know that jim carter and some others sell it. i also know that it does not fit perfect. the biggest problem i had with the last one i did was the new windsheild frame v center bars were not the correct angle in relation to the cab. as far as the glass to the frame goes you can either glue them in with windshield glue like new cars or use glass tape and pound the glass in. the problem with glue is you will never get the glass out again if it is damaged by debris, but it wont get loose like the tape will at times.

4. G.M.-TECH

G.M.-TECH

Tonight I found two bags each of flip out windshield gaskets from steele rubber products. I googled the part numbers on the bags which sent me over to the stovebolt thread on front windshield gaskets. Thanks for info guys! I'm back on track!

5. try Steele Rubber products, they have good stuff