Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration That First Cruise of the Year

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HerMink, Feb 25, 2022.

1. HerMink

HerMink

I’m sure a lot of you guys, like myself, live in cold climate areas during the Winter.

I finally went out on that first cruise of the year this evening, it was great and I really needed it.

Anyone else feeling the Winter blues and about to take that first drive as well?

Just thought I’d ask, as it’s something a lot of us can probably relate to. For some reason, this Winter although mild has just seemed like an eternity. I am ready for some car stuff in ‘22.

D37AC7EF-ACD2-46E5-999D-035E462C9270.jpeg

2. The 55 looks great!

I am fortunate to be able to get out most of the winter in Oklahoma. But, it has been a couple weeks since I have had my car out now. We were able to take my sons car on a road trip a couple hours north last weekend which was fun.

And, sorry I wasn’t able to catch up with you in person this past week there in Indy. Just spent 16 hours getting home yesterday in all the mess on the roads along the way.

3. wvenfield

wvenfield

If it's dry and at least in the 50's and sunny, I'll get out. We have had a few days like that this winter. I had it out the other day for the first time in a few weeks.

4. Cruisin' weather cannot come soon enough! Your weather in Indy is just slightly better than mine here in Northern Ohio, but the biggest problem is there is so much salt on the roads in this area that we need a good heavy rain to wash it off & then it snows again.

The steering box for the Nash in my avatar is not back from the rebuilder yet & I am doing the engine compartment on the GP, so I am not quite ready yet. If good weather comes sooner than expected, I will have to drive an OT.

God Bless
    Bill
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...ar-transport-hauling-open-or-enclosed.614419/
    20220208_144239 (800x600).jpg

Last edited: Feb 26, 2022

5. Tow Truck Tom

Tow Truck Tom
    from Clayton DE

Sitting in that, there car I would only need gasoline for heat. The view looking out of it, would pull me from my doldrums. :D :cool:

Stogy and Bill's Auto Works like this.
  6. brady1929

brady1929

Beautiful 55.

Stogy likes this.
  7. Had the Chevy out this week for a quick blast on a sunny day. Felt really good. Hurry spring!

8. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

20160310 ice cream shop 2.JPG
    This is an old picture but it is exactly what I did again yesterday... with the top still down!!
    My first time out with this one this year and they still had Deep Dish Apple ice cream!!
    I even parked in the same spot!
    Best part was two young boys on bicycles road up and were excited to see the car and asked if they could wait until I left so they could hear it start up!! Of course, I had to goose it a few times after it started; just for them and they were beside themselves with joy. Certainly made my day and they loved it!! Win win for sure.

9. MMM1693

MMM1693
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great on you guys that can get out. It's a bright sunny morning but only 13 deg and feels like -1 with wind. YES I'm ready for spring!

i.rant, Stogy and chevy57dude like this.
  10. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

Heater Delete...Wiper Delete....Radio Delete...Fun Engaged... DSCN1645.JPG

11. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

In my neck of the woods they use pea gravel in some parts but have now introduced salt to the road ways. I’ll drive by beater but not the nice car. 132DDDA9-B03A-4C4C-830E-C030476E9F8A.jpeg

12. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not-yet....jpg

:rolleyes:...mmmmmm...maybe not yet...:p

...Oh!!...and it's 5 F....brrrrrrrr...