Register now to get rid of these ads!

Model Cars Value

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by mr.chevrolet, Feb 22, 2022.

1. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

looking for input on value of models. guy said most are unbuilt, but have been stored in a damp basement. there are a bunch of military and also a bunch of big truck models. any help would be appreciated as i want to buy the whole SheBang, maybe.
    thanks, mike

Attached Files:

chevy57dude likes this.
  2. topher5150

topher5150

I couldn't give you a dollar amount, but I'd offer a couple of bucks to get it off his hands.

3. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

couple bucks probably won't work. in my mind, I was thinking $5 ea for unbuilt cars, $3 for built or partly built, military ?, big truck? trucks were high up on shelf and away from the damp.

4. CDN FORD FAN

CDN FORD FAN

They are $ 30.00 ea at hobby shops. some of those are obsolete and worth much more,
    if you got them for $10.00 a piece you would be doing good. The ones you don't sell
    can go to good will....

5. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

Boxes are junk, guess instructions are shot, & probably the decal sets. The plastics should be in good shape. If I saw some I'd want to build, ~7.00 ea would be ok. But I'm not a collector/flipper. So, I'm curious what they eventually go for.
    Marcus...

6. That may be a bit low. Unbuilt will bring the most money on resale, but there's a lot of factors. Factory sealed box with no cosmetic package damage will bring the most, every change from that will reduce value some to a serious collector. Rarity plays into it as well. Out of production is worth more, first issues are usually worth more than reissues, etc etc.

Partially or fully built will be a crapshoot. Rare ones will have some value, most won't have much. Skill in assembly and any damage will affect value.

You don't give a total number, but I'd guess an offer of $10 each for unbuilt and $5 for built would put you in the ballpark.

7. I'd pull a hundred bucks out and see if that's enough.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  8. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

what about a value on the military & big truck models. anyone collect, build them?

9. Greg Rogers

Greg Rogers

10. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

thanks for the lead, i've checked it out and will probably post some things there if i buy it all. i'm beginning to think the big trucks and military are gonna be anchors. thanks, mike

11. COCONUTS

COCONUTS

I know, why don't you build them, that will keep you busy.

Deuces likes this.
  12. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

If there are any Weasel kits, or Stude US4 or US6 kits, drop me a line. WWI planes too. Maybe iffen you do the deal, you could post what you got? Or at least what's left over after the collectors wade thru them? :D . I could be interested in some.
    Marcus...

13. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

going back sometime next week. have to pick up my A frame and some other car stuff. getting more car books too. i'll make an offer on the models then.

14. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'd be interested in the '32 Chevy metal kit

15. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I'd be interested in the Ford GT Model ( White with Blue stripe ) please if you can get it.
    A Bud Anderson Kit
    Made by IMC

16. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

What are the "big trucks"? Semi trucks, bobtails, military? Might be interested in some of the semi trucks and / or semi trailers.

17. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

big trucks are semis, no pic, but there were about a dozen. kenworth etc

18. Dennis D

Dennis D

I would be interested in the motorcycle models. D

19. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

That would be my plan to test the waters. Some of that stuff can be a real crap shoot, some of it can be worth some good money.

chevy57dude likes this.
  20. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

unfortunately, there were NO hubcaps in the basement. just a pile of these pot lids ChevSmDisc3.jpg

21. Deuces

Deuces

I like the Chevy rally center cap.....

chevy57dude and lothiandon1940 like this.
  22. brando1956

brando1956

The better part of 50 years ago I put together the Ford GT IMC model in the second picture. I always liked their stuff, very detailed. I'd be a buyer for that if unbuilt and all there. May be interested in others if you get. I'm most interested in duplicates of the kits I put together back in the day that I don't have now.
    I would guess most of these are worth $20-30 each if intact but it appears the boxes are in poor shape, which does detract from the value. That's not a concern for me because I don't collect the boxes but some do.

Deuces and lothiandon1940 like this.
  23. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

You just had to show me the pot lids didn't you!:p:D

Deuces and lothiandon1940 like this.
  24. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

still have not made it back. but have every intention to do so. will let you know of the outcome.

25. rudestude

rudestude

"Not hub caps" ...... "stacks of pot lids" ???
    Who ever thought they were something other than "stacks of hub caps" possibly just smoked a "lid of pot" and was just a little ....
    dazed and confused?

hotrodjack33 likes this.
  26. Deuces

Deuces

27. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

no, Buckeye Buick is a hubcap man and always trying to get my good ones. the 57 caddys are hidden in the back room

Lloyd's paint & glass likes this.
  28. dmar836

dmar836

Most of the people who put high values on things, saying what you could resell them for, would go silent if you offered those same things to them for a little less.
    I would agree that water has destroyed the boxes, decals, and possibly the instructions. Finding comparable kits out there for sale is really no indication at all of what these might bring. Condition is everything to collectors and builders know modern kits(even if more $$) are far superior to what we built as kids. Unless someone is super sentimental about a kit they built with their dad or something I can't see the collector value and for building value see above. I would scratch build a rare subject over a poor kit.
    These are give-away kits in that condition. I seriously doubt others are lined up behind you at $3-5 a kit. I think some are still in production.
    $100? I think he's low balling you. He would have to give me more to take them! LOL
    D

29. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

30. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

You know, things are totally out of control - & I'm not going into politics, but that's a big part of it. Other than a few things I can think of, I do wish for times past.
    Marcus...
    Oh, "I ain't afeered of no styrene, or the glues, nor the paints, for it. :D " .

hotrodjack33 likes this.