Register now to get rid of these ads!

Looking to Get Started...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tribalmonkey, Dec 14, 2020.

1. Keep posting I need the inspiration
    Always look for your tribal monkey symbol know it will be something worth reading

Tribalmonkey and lothiandon1940 like this.
  2. .....Your enthusiasm is infectious. Can we say that in light of the current world situation?!:D;). I always look forward to your posts. You've accomplished more in the last 3 years than many of us in the last 20!.Keep pushing forward. I'm sure this has been a great experience for the boys......Don.

3. Yep, keeping a peek at your progress on a regular basis. Many of us are holed up and getting through winter. You're out there kickin' butt on your car! Glad to see it.
    [​IMG]
    ^ Don was here^.

4. loudbang

loudbang

Look at the number of VIEWS you get that is the best way to keep track of people actually looking at your posts.

5. Tribalmonkey

Tribalmonkey

Well…. Ok. I guess I thought you guys lost interest. I appreciate the encouragement. Thanks!!!

6. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

7. Tribalmonkey

Tribalmonkey

Messing with the ‘Okie Coupe’ (formerly known as ‘Dusty’) until I get my cam so I can finish the ‘Ratty’ engine. 5660EA3E-F718-4E2D-9DB4-0D18C0492ECA.jpeg

drdave, chryslerfan55, Stogy and 5 others like this.
  8. Tribalmonkey

Tribalmonkey

9. ^^^^^^^^^^LOVE IT^^^^^^^:D

10. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    What he said!!!!!!!!!! HaHa!

11. With over 74000 views this morning I would say quite a few are following along although many may be silent.

12. Tribalmonkey

Tribalmonkey

Still waiting on the cam so I’m tackling a few different projects. 2FF86052-D406-48E7-B48B-C478421FDF4E.jpeg

13. Ugh! Body work, hate it. Had enough on my 31 to last me for a lifetime.:rolleyes:
    So, what was the anticipated ETA on that cam?

14. Tribalmonkey

Tribalmonkey

Yeah, I’m new to body work. I guess we’ll see how this turns out. I’m hoping to see the cam within the next couple of weeks. I’m doing lots of other projects in the meantime. Generator 12v conversion, getting the Okie Coupe road worthy, rear tube shocks and some body work on Ratty the Roadster, and still gathering parts for an AV8 build.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2022
  15. Well, sounds like you have enough to keep you from becoming a couch potatoe:). What are you lacking on the V8 build?

16. Tribalmonkey

Tribalmonkey

I’m staying pretty busy. Also work and honey do’s play in there. Time with the boys…

as far as the AV8 build goes… No solid plan yet. I’m determined to keep Ratty a rusty banger. TROG style. I am still not certain what I am going to do with the Okie Coupe. Do I Hot Rod it? Chop it? AV8 it? Just get it road worthy, drive it for awhile, and then sell it?
    I have a couple of flathead V8s now. I have enough v8 transmissions to build up another 39 style top loader. I have most of the parts for juice brakes minus the master cylinder. I have a 40 rear end with hubs and drums and front spindles, hubs, and drums. I have not decided on what car I want to AV8. I still need an F1 cross member and steering column/box. Need a V8 radiator and grill shell. Probably some other things I’m forgetting.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2022
    chryslerfan55 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  17. You're in deep now. No turning back. You are a confirmed die-hard hot-rodder. Might as well 'fess up to the addiction...Don.:D;)

18. :) HAH, tell Ms. TM I know a good therapist that can help you with this hoarding issue......:rolleyes:

loudbang and Tribalmonkey like this.
  19. Tribalmonkey

Tribalmonkey

Notification that my cam has shipped! Now I need to wrap up my side projects and get ready to put Ratty back together.

20. Tribalmonkey

Tribalmonkey

No cam yet… unfortunately, I have been so busy lately that I am really not as ready for it as I should be anyway. Still, I am pretty excited to get the roadster project back on track. This delay has given me too much time to dream about other hot rod mods… quick change rear ends, vintage down drafts intakes, headers, overhead valve conversions, other carb options… :)

21. Oh boy, too much dream time can't be good for the wallet:rolleyes:

22. Tribalmonkey

Tribalmonkey

23. Lube that thing up and slide it in she said wistfully.:eek::D

24. Did they send you cam lube? If not, what will you use?

25. Tribalmonkey

Tribalmonkey

No. I’m not sure what to use. First time I have ever replaced a cam. I have some assembly lube I was planning to use. Will that work?

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  26. ...Should work. Some say use STP. Others will chime in to advise.

Tribalmonkey likes this.
  27. Tribalmonkey and lothiandon1940 like this.