Register now to get rid of these ads!

Preparing For The Future

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Aug 11, 2021.

1. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

I am old and set in my ways, don't like change so wake me when it's over!

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. .....Rumor has it that it will happen by the first of the year. Don't quote me on that.

3. ***Area-51***

***Area-51***
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Ohio

@Ryan, Can you bring back motorcycles to the main board???? Man,I miss that...

Rand Man likes this.
  4. The '54 Ford Club of America was established by the late Tom Hoskins in 1986 and grew into a membership of over 500 members in it's hayday, that's a lot of members for one of Fords overlooked body styles, I would like to think the '54 Ford Club of America has played a small part in the growing popularity of this overlooked car, but Jeff's dedicated '52-'59 Social Group has embraced a larger group and the combined knowledge is growing every day.

The '54 Ford Club of America was started in 1986 and is dedicated to the knowledge and advancement of 1954 Ford cars, trucks.

The club welcomes ALL 1954 Fords, whether they be customs, resto-mods, factory restorations or any combination of the above! We have over 500 members in the US and abroad with a variety of cars.

I served the club as a Moderator and when Tom appointed Don as the president of the club I took over as the Administrator for the website, that one step made me appriciate everything Ryan does and we only had 541 online members,

All good things come to a end and The president decided due to the expense of running a small website,cost of mailing newsletters and a job demanding more time plus a lot of members have deceased in recent years the decision was to pull the plug and not let the club flounder for years.

The decisions was made and I came to the conclusion I would direct the current members and any request for membership to join the Hamb and especially the '52-'54 Ford Social group.

HRP

Last edited: Feb 20, 2022
    pprather likes this.
  5. ***Area-51***

***Area-51***
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Ohio

No love for the 2 wheelers....a forum, anything....were missing out....I know there's others out there that would like this.

6. That is why @Ryan started the Jockey Journal. It is still going but he sold it a few years back.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  7. ***Area-51***

***Area-51***
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Ohio

Yeah, I know, haven't been there in a long...some things changed and it was never the same...
    Would like to see the bikes come back to here But I know its unlikely, I'm sure Ryan has his reasons.

8. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

Too bad no more "Little Pages Tech Archives".:(

9. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm betting that the HAMB would have a lot more traffic and be better served with a "mobility scooter" forum, rather than a motorcycle one.;):p

Truck64, Tman, charleyw and 3 others like this.
  10. Muttley

Muttley

Something I'd like to see is a 'show my posts in this thread' type feature. I'd be interested in seeing what I said when an ancient thread pops up that I posted something in years ago without having to scroll through 48 pages of stuff. Also, bring back the 'show entire thread' button instead of having to click individually on each page.

charleyw, jnaki and pprather like this.
  11. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2022-2-28_4-39-16.png

Hello,
    I also have a similar request. It is fun to do some research in my files and the endless opportunities online libraries and articles. But when a story is written, saved, then posted to the HAMB threads, it becomes listed as the title, whatever that is at the time of the writing. Sometimes, it is saved as a post and when a search function is done, it does not show up as per written title. Other times, the article disappears into online heaven and cannot be found on any HAMB search features, titles or even just posted by an individual.

upload_2022-2-28_4-51-10.png The dreaded result of the search parameters...

Similar to @Muttley and his request about “show my posts in this thread” feature.
    upload_2022-2-28_4-45-10.png

As busy as researching and writing gets, the feature of saving any post to a file as the original HAMB title and date does get saved...thank you. It just takes organizing in some specific way to make it understandable. I have separated all titles and have made a Word Document page(s) to back up any HAMB file that could get deleted for some reason.

Jnaki

One thing that is not necessary is motorcycles of any kind. Despite the fact that we had a custom Harley Sportster for many years, involved with custom motorcycle shops and photographs from photo journal articles, they are not a part of the hot rod/drag race world of HAMB…IMHO. As much as motorcycles were a big part of our 20 something lives, it is not traditional hot rods or drag racing. Even including drag bikes. They should all be in the Antiquated motorcycle threads.

There is a thread on the Antiquated, but not on the main board of any kind, The HAMB, Traditional hot rods, & Traditional customs are plenty and should remain that way. Just like the exclusion of any hot rod or custom that has larger wheels than the standard 15 inch as per rules. Easing the rules allows a direction that new members would go and dilute the importance of traditional hot rods/drag racing cars. A lowered 18-19 inch wheel custom car is not traditional hot rod.

For those that just have to say something about motorcycles or nostalgia drag cars, go to the appropriate forum (s) and expound away, photos and all. Modern builds are just that, a division of hot rods and drag racing, but not in the HAMB traditional hot rod methods and builds.

No motorcycles on the traditional HAMB threads. The current posts would keep the HAMB as good as it is and will continue to draw those as a part of traditional hot rod/drag car history and information.