Register now to get rid of these ads!

49 Ford F-1 subframe Question....HELP!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Smurph, Feb 12, 2004.

1. Smurph

Smurph
    from Minnesota

Hi, I have a 49 Ford F-1 that I want to put a subframe up front of and would like to know what would be the best one...Camaro, Nova, Mustang, S-10 or Ranger...I have heard all of these suggestions but dont know what one to really use. Any help would be greatly appreciated...Also what year subs? Thanks all!

2. hankcash

hankcash

I can feel it comming...

HC

Attached Files:

3. du$ty

du$ty

do you have the floor pedals...if so you want to sell them?

4. Radshit

Radshit

Do yo want to sell the steering box and front axle??

5. GreggAz

GreggAz

Id be up for the shock mounts...

are you looking JUST at subing the truck with a worn out front end from annother outdated vehicle?

or do you actually want to make your truck fun to drive, safe, and built to last?

are you looking for just the cheapest way to go, or would you consider a quality product pre-engineered by an aftermarket company?

I can tell you many things about many different options or I could tell you what I would do... but first tell us ALL

WHO ARE YOU????

6. k9racer

k9racer

Their are a lot of nice folks on this site. You might want to fill out your bio and do a intro about you and your autos.Good Luck

7. Smurph

Smurph
    from Minnesota

Hey all!...Sorry I am new and this was my first post...forgot about the bio. [​IMG] I have since filled it out. Thanks for saying something otherwise I may have never remembered.LOL [​IMG]
    I am not looking for the cheepest way nor the most award winning way. I would just like my truck to sit low, accept air bag suspension, and not fall apart. I have heard of lots of people putting subframes in and thought that would be for me. Any ideas? [​IMG]

To the ones who asked...I will sell the steering box and front axel( I have 2..One hub to hub and one without the brakes. dont know how to ship but will with info)...I will also sell the shock mounts. Email me at [email protected] and we can work something out. Thanks all and glad I found this place! [​IMG]

8. Radshit

Radshit

Here is my 50 F-1...any questions email me......Welcome to the HAMB...

Attached Files:

9. sawzall

sawzall

heres mine

Attached Files:

10. du$ty

du$ty

what about the pedals [​IMG] holmes?

11. Tackett

Tackett

Here's mine.
    It's not running yet (or even close). I started with a body, and am fabricating a frame for some of the same reasons you are. For what it's worth, Camaro (and I would assume other GM "midsize" stuff) fits just fine. I have a Z-28 front clip under it now, and also have the posi rearend for it. The track seems to be about the same as the Ford.

You can see the begining of the build here.

Tackett

[​IMG]

12. Smurph

Smurph
    from Minnesota

sweet pics guys! cant get any lower thatn 2 of those and thats how I want mine......shootin sparks and throwing parts! LOL....JK....I think I am gonna measure up a S-10 frame and see if I can graft the front to mine since I know I can get every lowering part for those possible. If that is a bad idea please stop me now..hahaha.

To whom wants the pedals.....I will check this weekendand see if I still have those...I may have cut them off and scrapped them..but I will look for sure and LYK.

Thanks again for the replies....I think I am gonna like this board!