Register now to get rid of these ads!

New East Coast Trend "donk

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LANCE-SPEED, Aug 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

At last years SEMA show I saw this for the first time....... threw up in my mouth and my farts were lumpy???? Hope it dont come to the west coast!!

http://www.kingofthestreet.com/

[​IMG]

2. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

my daddy always told me to get the rockers as close to the ground as possible?

3. JohnnyP.

JohnnyP.

now thats a low rider?!?!? what the fuck are they thinking.
    "now i can fit 35's on my regal. man im a bad ass..."

4. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Customas by Landrover..............

Donk is a term for a motor over here, that or a real big dimb bloke.....

5. Movinman

Movinman

These "things" are all over south Florida now. It's true when they say there is no accounting for taste. I just don't get this assinine craze. Mostly down here, the bodies of choice are early to mid seventies GM tanks. Lately though, I am seeing late 60's muscle cars dressed this way.

Maybe I am missing something here. I thought older cars looked good lowered, not raised like monster trucks...

6. Ummm...I'm gonna go with... it's NON-traditional?
    Wha'd I win?

7. Muttley

Muttley

Anyone who does that to a car should have their face stomped on by a fat guy wearing golf shoes.

8. B.Willie Kool

B.Willie Kool
    from Seattle

it used to be a nice car

9. BlackFlag

BlackFlag

I believe that is also reffered to as "box" style. Whats not to love about lifting a car so you can fit bigger rimz on it.

Oh, and this is already on the best coast. Ive seen one or two cars in that style driving around the town I live in, many many more in Oakland, SF, and San Jose.

10. ok It's ugly and not even funny. but freaks are doing it out here on the left coast too!! any one from santa rosa can tell ya about the green early seventies two door cady set up like that. and there is also a tri five byscaine wagon like that too. sick huh!

11. triplexkustoms

triplexkustoms

there are probably 50 cars in youngstown that have had lift kits installed to shove bigger wheels under them. there is a delta 88 with a crome tube step under the door just like my friends 4x4 blazer. makes them easy to tow when they get impounded or break down. no dragging the bumper. my favorite is the rusty mercury sable on 22's.

12. SwitchBlade327

SwitchBlade327

Theres a SHITLOAD of those here, and they all seem to be advertising stuff without getting paid to do it. Theres an M&M's car, John Deer car, Pillsbury, Reese's, Longhorn's, too many to list....I've turned down working on 3 or 4 of em. I just refuse to have my name attached to it.

13. I've fired out shits that looked better.

14. Excuse me........

[​IMG]

Sorry, now I feel better!-MIKE:confused: :D

15. It's the whole hip hop, rapper, bling "my car cost more than yours" shit that MTV have been shoving down kids throats for the last 20 years.....As long as what you got is "in ya face" and everyone knows it cost a shed load of cash (more likely on credit) it don't matter how shit it looks. You can be living in a cardboard box as long as your "whip" has "rims", an "install" that makes your ears bleed and your "Air 110s" are box fresh.
    I feel sorry for them.......well actually I don't bunch of twats..

16. Ruiner

Ruiner

I was wondering about the advertising though, WTF is up with that? the stupid lifting and putting huge wheels on thing at least has SOMETHING to do with cars, but painting your car like a rolling McDonald's billboard without getting paid for it...why?

17. Stoner

Stoner

Kids, don't look now, but this magazine has already been out for about 4-6 months. Good times...

Attached Files:

18. tomslik

tomslik

i think the latter.....cuz i'll bet there ain't much motor...

19. old kid

old kid
    Member Emeritus
    from middle ga

dumb as a jar of pickles.

20. My daily driver/work truck is an 03 chevy 4wd with 33's and a 6" procomp lift. It looks like some of these "cars" have more ground clearance than me. I am now wondering who wasted their money....them or me?

21. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

Saw a guy dropping his woman off at the hospital where she must work while he drives his way lifted mid 80's Buick Regal around...only thing was he musta had his rimz re-poed 'cus he just had some open black 14" wheels on it! He had about a foot between the top of the tires and the body. didn't think anything could look more stupid than the big rims but I was wrong

22. I blame rap music.:eek:

23. Clark

Clark

It's funny how west coasters will only take credit for the good stuff. Come on, what happenned to the "we did everything first attitude"???
    Clark

24. Just saw this on Craigslist Chicago:

I am naming my next son (due in 2 months) Jesse James and am looking for any West coast Chopper or Jesse James items to decorate his room. Would even like mini motorcycles to make a mobile. I am willing to pay a minimal amount or even will take free items.please email me soon [email protected]

Seems to fit, or something.

Back in the seventies, I recall many cars being lifted onto 4X4 frames, even saw a Buick Apollo lifted with a snowplow attached. It was dumb then, Illinois made it illegal then, hopefully I won't see any of these NOW.

But, on a side note, wht happens to these cars when the fad's over?? What happened to the cars with the over-wide tyres of about ten years ago?? Were they all junked for bad wheel bearings??

Cosmo

25. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

There is a very practical reason for this ....Its mo better for drive by shootings!

26. TxRat

TxRat

They are showing up in my area as well. Please make it stop....

27. Primer Gray

Primer Gray

It hurts to look at...I'll never sell my 80 Monte Carlo in Tallahassee, not with knowing what fate will await it.

You just wait, someone's going to put chrome Conestoga wagon wheels on a 54...I hate hate hate hate these wheels...even more than those wheels that keep spinning when the cars are stopped, damn things look like salad shooters. I wanna do a video of running up to one at a stoplight and using the spinning wheel to chop up a carrot.

28. Mudslinger

Mudslinger

I have seen a few on the roads here. I call them Circus cars. The driver usually has a matching costume.

29. 31modelo

31modelo

I see lots of them all over and I still am baffled everytime I see one. My buddy has dubbed(no pun intended) wigger 4x4s. Theres no accounting for taste.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.