Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods SWIFTYS NEW 32 5W COUPE BUILD

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flatoz, May 18, 2020.

1. swifty

swifty

Yes, thanks to you and Andrew for the idea. Did have to stagger the brackets on the diff to dodge the brake line - too lazy to bend up a new brake line LOL

2. at least if he an't gonna run those whitewalls, hit em with some flat black paint

nice job on the whole project.

Stogy and swifty like this.
  3. swifty

swifty

Definitely not running those tires @rusty1 as they are cast-offs from flatoz 32 roadster, are as hard as hell with a high crown in the middle of the tread. They're set-up tires only and I'll have to buy some new rubber for the rear. Fronts are new Firestones and I haven't decided what to run on the rear yet. Will depend on what is available here in Oz and what the cost will be as we pay nearly double what you guys in the States do.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2021
    loudbang and Stogy like this.
  4. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@flatoz, @swifty, how's Ole Bluey coming along in these awkward times...I'm thinking the road is inching closer by the minute...

Last edited: Feb 12, 2022
    loudbang and brady1929 like this.
  5. flatoz

flatoz

Well stogy,
    The dual heart attack surviving octogenarian still won't listen to reason. IE slow down a LITTLE even 10%. Hence at the reliability run he took a tumble going down a very steep embankment, he should have known better as the rain the night before had me thinking Noah was going to make an appearance . He landed on his arse, looked like he'd shit himself from the mud and now... seems he's buggered his right shoulder tendons. He's moving along though. I did go up last weekend and helped him get some two person jobs done. I was hoping to get up there this weekend but life got in the way. I'll find a more recent photo. interior has been finished, doors are on , glass is in. so a fair few things have been done since last photos.

brEad, Stogy and loudbang like this.
  6. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Damn...not good at any age...Speedy recovery @swifty...I look forward to the pics Flatoz...It's looking really sharp...

brady1929 and loudbang like this.
  7. flatoz

flatoz

Ok some update photos. This is about to unload at the trimmers but more you can see the overall look of the car from a distance

Resized_20220131_151545.jpeg

the interior shots, no seat in as its easier to get around under the dash etc for wiring with out the seat in and he hasn't finished the seat risers as yet.

Resized_20220201_172129.jpeg

Resized_20220201_172235.jpeg

Resized_20220201_172335.jpeg

Resized_20220201_172308.jpeg

They also had a visitor that mum wasn't too happy to see, especially as it was hanging around the back door into the kitchen.

Resized_20220109_181708(2).jpeg

I got these photos last night, not sure if the tank is finally in, I know he was having trouble getting it to line up properly so this may still be trial fit, hopefully its a 'fit , fit' not doesn't fit. photo ( I haven't talked to him about how it went yet)

20220213_145333.jpg

These will be used as rear turn signals, I had actually gone over them and wired them up to use on my roadster, but as Swifty didn't have anything and I already have something on my car , I thought he can use them and I will find another pair and sort them out. Helps progress the build along that little bit.

20220213_145517.jpg

20220213_145438.jpg

Last weekend when I was up there we got a few jobs done, one was fit the column. Not an overly exciting job, but he was having trouble on how to do it, as the column diameter was smaller than the ID of the column drop, we managed to find some rubber and cut to fit ( he previously had a steel collar that we were worried would scratch the column before it even got in the car) So that was another job off the list and finally in.

20220206_133440_resized.jpg

20220206_133453_resized.jpg

swifty, brEad, loudbang and 4 others like this.
  8. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

:rolleyes:...Man!!, that's some mighty big slithering worm...:eek:...the land of no snow has some negatives that's for sure...the detailing is very clean indeed...show worthy as a matter of fact...

Last edited: Feb 14, 2022
    swifty, loudbang and brady1929 like this.
  9. flatoz

flatoz

It was the local clubs 60th of which Swifty was a founding member as well as a '32 90th celebration.

I pushed swifty to take the car, there were a few choice words about the suggestion.

But in the end he relented.

He took 3 cars to the Event so there was a bit of sorting out to get them there. Big thanks toNeil for letting the T have a airbnb stay in his shed so it was closer to the event.

Anyway cars oh so close but not quite finished yet. But some outdoor shots as it shows the proportions Better than in the shed.

Stogy and swifty like this.
  10. flatoz

flatoz

Swiftys 3 cars lined up

20220403_121855.jpg

20220403_121826.jpg

SDS, brEad, PoTaToTrUcK and 9 others like this.